Amending the FAQ in the help file.

I kid... Been with it since 2004, when it was still just a wee baby.

Please don't post meaningless questions, as you're just wasting my time in the future, when I finally take these suggestions and post to the official help file FAQ.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Q: How can I test if checkbox/radiobutton is checked?
A: Use this small function: If IsChecked($checkbox1) Then ...

Func IsChecked($control)
    Return BitAND(GUICtrlRead($control), $GUI_CHECKED) = $GUI_CHECKED
EndFunc

This question was asked/answered really many many times.

Probably function IsChecked($control) could be added to AutoIt as native function because it's basic functionality of GUI

Edited by Zedna

• 7 months later...

May I suggest:

Question: Which Styles are available for the GUI control of my choice?

Answer: There is an extensive list of Styles defined in the Help File.  See the GuiSetStyle() functions.

To add Vertical Scrolling to a ListView, use the Style option for the ListView, to add Horizontal Scrolling, add the standard Windows defined scroll style.

Also, note:

(Melba wrote this)

Skysnake,

In simple terms everything in Windows is a "window" with a unique handle - only in human parlance are they are called GUIs, dialogs, controls, etc.  So you can apply $WS_* styles to practically anything - but I would counsel against getting too adventurous as some styles might well not do what you expect and cause big problems!

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

May I also suggest "Headings" for the FAQ? Like 

How to use AutoIt with .NET?

How to use AutoIt with SQLite?

Integration exists (was looking at two .NET solutions earlier), following a search on AutoIt and .Net...

This should be more than merely a link to the relevant Function in the Help File.  This should be a brief explanation of how the integration works and what motivates it, which limitations are known, and perhaps intentional. Finally the future of this integration.  

Thanks for reading.

Skysnake

• 2 weeks later...

Another one:

Question: How to use Enter like Tab?

Answer: Accelerator keys

[by Melba] [from here https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/165299-using-the-enter-key-as-a-tab/?page=1 ]

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500)

$cInput_1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 10, 200, 20)
$cInput_2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 50, 200, 20)
$cInput_3 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 90, 200, 20)

$cButton_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button 1", 250, 10, 80, 30)
$cButton_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button 2", 250, 50, 80, 30)
$cButton_3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button 3", 250, 90, 80, 30)

$cEnter = GUICtrlCreateDummy()

GUISetState()

Local $aAccelKeys[2][2] = [["{ENTER}", $cEnter], ["{TAB}", $cEnter]] ; Make {TAB} an accelerator
GUISetAccelerators($aAccelKeys)

While 1

Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $cEnter
            Switch  _WinAPI_GetFocus()
                Case GUICtrlGetHandle($cInput_1)
                    ; Check the input content
                    If checkEntry() = True Then
                        ; Correct so move to next input
                        GUICtrlSetState($cInput_2, $GUI_FOCUS)
                    EndIf
                    ; Not correct so stay in current input
                Case GUICtrlGetHandle($cInput_2)
                        GUICtrlSetState($cInput_3, $GUI_FOCUS)
                    EndIf
                Case GUICtrlGetHandle($cInput_3)
                        ConsoleWrite("End" & @CRLF)
                    EndIf
                Case Else
                    GUISetAccelerators(0)                     ; Remove accelerator link
                    ControlSend($hGUI, "", "", "{TAB}")       ; Send {TAB} to the GUI
                    GUISetAccelerators($aAccelKeys)           ; Reset the accelerator

EndSwitch
    EndSwitch

WEnd

Func checkEntry()

; Random chance of correct answer or fail
    If Mod(@SEC, 2) = 0 Then
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Test Fail", "Press Enter to close this message box" )
        Return False
    EndIf
    Return True

EndFunc

Skysnake

• 1 month later...

[As an aside, how about updating the standard GuiCreate examples to include Help access by default?] [Also, AutoIt does not provide for an separate .HxS Registry tool]

Suggested Topic:

How do I add online HELP to my project?

Refers to Microsoft Help: HH.EXE and Compiled Help Files (.CHM or .HxS) 

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb164928(v=vs.90).aspx

This assumes that the Help filed is pre-built and only linked into the AutoIt project.

There are several points to consider, and functions. 

See Windows' Help--press Win+F1--for a complete list of keyboard shortcuts if you don't know the importance of Alt+F4, PrintScreen, Ctrl+C, and so on.

GUISetHelpSets an executable file that will be run when F1 is pressed.

See also: GUICreate

$WS_EX_CONTEXTHELPIncludes a question mark in the title bar of the window. Cannot be used with the $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX or $WS_MINIMIZEBOX.

From http://www.help-info.de/en/Help_Info_HTMLHelp/hh_command.htm, nice examples:

Example of opening a help topic using a topic path

C:\>HH.EXE ms-its:C:/xTemp/XMLconvert.chm::/Bekannte_Fehler/err/xml3.htm
C:\>HH.EXE mk:@MSITStore:C:/xTemp/XMLconvert.chm::/Bekannte_Fehler/errxml3.htm

C:\>HH.EXE ms-its:C:/xTemp/XMLconvert.chm::/Bekannte_Fehler/err/xml3.htm#anchor

The mk:@MSITStore protocol works with IE3 and above while ms-its works with IE4 and above. A shorter version of “ms-its” is to just use “its”. Actually, the later versions of HH don’t even require the protocol prefix.

You can omit the path to the *.CHM file, if it is in the %\Windows\Help directory or registered under the following key in the Windows registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\HTML Help

To remember MS-DOS commands try:

c:\>hh.exe ms-its:\Help\ntcmds.chm::/ntcmds.htm

Related:

HotKeySet, GUISetAccelerators, Send, FileInstall

Skysnake

• 3 months later...

Q1: I need my script to perform two tasks simultaneously. Can that be done?
A1. This can be done by executing two scripts at once and then having them communicate with the main script. Compile what you need to be done into seperate EXEs and have your Main script Run() them (NOT RUNWAIT) with the $STDERR_MERGED optflag. Export data you need to Console using ConsoleWrite() and ConsoleWriteError(). Have the Main script check the process for console output and respond accordingly. This is called Co-Processing

Q2: How many cores can AutoIt use from my PC? Can I specify that in my script?
A2. AutoIt does not have multi-threading capabilities by default. However, this can similarly be achieved by using Co-Processing above and then use the _WinAPI_SetProcessAffinityMask() in WinAPI.au3 by adding #include <WinAPI.au3> to the beginning of your script.

Q3: What are the advantages of compiling as 64 bit vs 32 bit?
A3. I Forget, using 64-bit exes on 64-bit PCs does have benefits though.

Edited by rcmaehl

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11
Cisco FinesseGithubIRC UDFWindowEx UDF

Q3 is a joke! I hope the powers that be have a little more common sense NOT to include that in the FAQ.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• 2 months later...

Is it possible to create a Turkish help files :( pls pls

Yes this is possible.
You can start to translate it even now.

btw.
I my self, had in a past, a plan to translate HelpFile to Polish language, but I rethink the case, and finally I choose to learn English.

mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Developers

I hope that will be published as soon as Turkish help file

You probably will be the first to know when you are done making the translation as I doubt anybody else will do it for you! ;)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hey.
This is good time to ask.

There are portals like the one from the following link, where they are translated various projects. Some translated projects are commercial, some nonprofit.

As an example of translated project I choose osTicket (as I use this Translating portal and I use this Ticketing system and ... I'm proofreader :) for this project on corwdin.com)
https://crowdin.com/project/osticket-official

Does anyone wish to become a translator, of course I mean the Help file translation?

You would translate simultaneously into many languages.
Translation progress would depend on the involvement of users.

Of course, at the moment this is only a concept, requires further arrangements and approvals.

mLipok

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I noticed two extremely minor typos in the help documentation for PixelSearch.

Changing the search direction can be a useful optimization if the color being searched for frequently appears in in a specific quadrant of the search area since less searching is done if the search starts in the most common quadrant.

FYI

How's my riding? Dial 1-800-Wait-There

Trying to use a computer with McAfee installed is like trying to read a book at a rock concert.

Fixed.

Next time if you find typo in documentation (HelpFile) post a ticket here:
https://www.autoitscript.com/trac/autoit/timeline

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

btw.

Do not forget to read this: https://www.autoitscript.com/trac/autoit/wiki

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• 5 months later...

Working with the "run" and "Runas" process functions, more specifically the opt-flag portion for either reading data from or passing data to the data stream, has been a grey area that I always wanted to see more content regarding.  For example, when passing data to a process using $STDIN_CHILD flag and StdInWrite(), if a given process has more than 1 distinct console input (input value into console, process processes input, then prompts for another input), does the StdInWrite function wait for the console prompt to input the data, or does it immediately return like StdoutRead does?  Also, I forget where, but there was a example I saw somewhere on these forums while I was investigating how to use these functions for my purposes where, instead of waiting for the process to finish executing, it called the Stdoutread function in a loop and concatenated the read value to an initially empty string, which I thought was a brilliant way of formatting the text returned to meet a need than formatting one large string after the fact.  Would love to see that example included in the help file/FAQ as well.

• 5 months later...

on mk:@MSITStore:c:\program%20files%20(x86)\autoit3\autoit.chm::/html/appendix/OSLangCodes.htm the example should be:

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "The language of the OS is: " & _GetLanguage() & " (" & LCIDToLocaleName("0x" & @OSLang) & ")")

; Retrieve the language of the operating system.
Func _GetLanguage()
    ; @OSLang is four characters in length, the first two is the dialect and the remaining two are the language group.
    ; Therefore we only require the language group and therefore select the two right-most characters.
    Switch StringRight(@OSLang, 2)
        Case "07"
            Return "German"
        Case "09"
            Return "English"
        Case "0a"
            Return "Spanish"
        Case "0b"
            Return "Finnish"
        Case "0c"
            Return "French"
        Case "10"
            Return "Italian"
        Case "13"
            Return "Dutch"
        Case "14"
            Return "Norwegian"
        Case "15"
            Return "Polish"
        Case "16"
            Return "Portuguese"
        Case "1d"
            Return "Swedish"

Case Else
            Return "Other (can't determine with @OSLang directly)"

EndSwitch
EndFunc   ;==>_GetLanguage

Func LCIDToLocaleName($iLCID)
    Local $aRet = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "LCIDToLocaleName", "int", $iLCID, "wstr", "", "int", 85, "dword", 0)
    If UBound($aRet) > 1 Then Return $aRet[2]
    Return "not supported" ; Vista and above
EndFunc   ;==>LCIDToLocaleName

as LCIDToLocaleName does not work for WinXP. 
Or something along these lines.

Edit: this works in every windows version

MsgBox(0,@ScriptName,__GLI_Get("0x"&@OSLang, 89) & "-" & __GLI_Get("0x"&@OSLang, 90) &" / "& __GLI_Get("0x"&@OSLang, 2),30)

; ===============================================================================================================================
; Name...........: __GLI_Get ; https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/148126-get-month-and-day-names-in-national-language-get-lcid-informations/
; Description ...: Get an index entrie of a LCID
; Syntax.........: __GLI_Get( $iLCID_Dec ,$iIndex)
; Parameters ....: $iLCID_Dec       - specifies the Locale ID in decimal
;                  $iIndex          - specifies the index of the LCID in decimal
; Return values .: On Success    - Returns a string variable with the index data
;                  On Failure    - Returns empty string
; Author ........: Exit
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func __GLI_Get($iLCID_Dec, $iIndex)
    Local $aTemp = DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'int', 'GetLocaleInfoW', 'ulong', $iLCID_Dec, 'dword', $iIndex, 'wstr', '', 'int', 2048)
    Return $aTemp[3]
EndFunc   ;==>__GLI_Get

Edit2: ..and that is basically :
#include <WinAPILocale.au3>
_WinAPI_GetLocaleInfo ( $iLCID, $iType )

Edited by argumentum
found a better way

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

• 3 months later...

I realize this is a very old post, BUT as a new user to Autoit I know I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the file structure and where to save my projects and where to add or install UDFs. Having a section that explains where you put addon packs like XSkin for instance (or UDFs) would be beneficial. I can not provide you the Example and solution on this as I am not sure how to do all this yet :p)

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway”John Wayne