Is This Possible On Shutdown/logoff?

Guest JonHeath

Guest JonHeath

On shutdown or logoff I'd like to be able to do the following:

1. Run an ASP form script that requires user input. Only after submitting the form will the PC continue to shutdown/logoff. (doubt this is possible?).

OR

2. Run a windows popup box (not asp) asking them if they're sure they want to shutdown/logoff with Yes/No options. With Yes continuing shutdown/logoff and No taking them back into Windows. I'd like to be able to word the message that pops up myself.

I've been advised AutoIT might be the way forward...can anyone shed any light?

Many thanks

JH

Guest JonHeath

They do, but they just simply run the script non-inteligently. So if the script had no user input it would be fine...but my script has user input.

If doing option 2 (from my first post) then I'd reword the question to say "Have you completed such and such a script before logging off/shutting down" 'Yes' would continue shutdown/logoff. 'No' would take them back to their computer.

On shutdown or logoff I'd like to be able to do the following:

1.  Run an ASP form script that requires user input.  Only after submitting the form will the PC continue to shutdown/logoff. (doubt this is possible?).

OR

2.  Run a windows popup box (not asp) asking them if they're sure they want to shutdown/logoff with Yes/No options.  With Yes continuing shutdown/logoff and No taking them back into Windows.  I'd like to be able to word the message that pops up myself.

I've been advised AutoIT might be the way forward...can anyone shed any light?

Many thanks

JH

Instead of getting user input, why not set a flag (registry, or INI, or a file on disk) when the second script you mentioned completes. Then your first script can take whatever action is needed (maybe even run the second script while it has control).

Gene

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...