OpenGL UDFs (2.0) for AutoIt - Examples included

minxomat

Hi!

(I'm looking forward to release my stuff here, so this is the first part.)

I've messed around with the existing OpenGL functions and wrote a new set of UDFs for OpenGL + AutoIt. The project was only hosted in the german forum for a long time, but i've decided to share it with you, too.

The code is 50/50 german/english commented, but users with a bit of OpenGL knowledge are able to understand the 9 examples I've wrote. They are numbered from 1 to 9. The higher the number, the more complex is the example. Thanks trancexx & Matwachich for their examples btw ;)

Some 64Bit machines my need to compile the examples as 32Bit, but it should work otherwise, too.

This project is not yet finished. It works though, but we have big plans for the near future. We are currently connecting OpenGL with the ridiculously speed of OpenCL. We are finally able to power all 8 cores of an AMD FX CPU or all the 1,5k Cores in a NVIDIA graphics card at once with AutoIt using C Kernels, achieving maximum speeds with parallel processing.

Download:

You can either click here to download the zip directly or type "wpt-get install ogl4au3-2.0" if you have wpt installed.

Posted Image

Have fun :graduated:

Edited by minx

I will answer every single PM, and you are free to ask anything anytime.

<troll>

I thought Autoit was at version 3 ....

</troll>

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search

• 2 weeks later...

Jep. I've just Auto-Parsed a few functions as well as implement new functions to make usage easier. Behind the scenes there are much more WIP function affecting OpenCL+GL combinations. It is really amazing to see wich speed could be achieved using C-Kernels directly with the GPU / CPU.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure, I understood that, but you know that using this to create graphics is hard and almost impossible, except for very simple examples like the attached ones.

Sorry for my bad english :)

Edited by loris2222

So it is your task to write a 3D Engine wich is a different thing than a Low-Level-API like OpenGL. If you want famous graphics with little code and without the possibility to use little tweaks then use Irrlicht oder something similar ;).

I've tested the T2 Plugin. In my opinion it is rater unuseful, because you have absolutly no possibility to use OpenGL / GLUT etc. standard effects & functions wich are necessary for serious development. It is more a inclomplete 3D Engine than a OpenGl Wrapper.

Edited by minx

Well, i meant an UDF/plugin just a step over the GL, obviously some aspects will be removed because of the higher level, but they can be managed by the UDF functions directly. Like others here i would like to create the engine, not to use Irrlicht :)

Probably it can be done with just an "object manager" and a "camera manager".

Edited by loris2222

• 3 weeks later...

Well, basically it is a good idea. Just wait 'til the next update. OpenCL handling, doing multicore-processing on GPU and CPU will be high level stuff. Wait and see, if you could manage that with your level of experience. If you are still willing to develop this manager after the update, i would, of course, help you in my rare spare time ;)

Edited by minx

• 2 weeks later...