Login script for Skype

Hi all,

I made a script for automatic login in Skype, in which the user must type only the password in a text box and press enter for logging in to his/her account.

The script, for my needs, works quite well, but there is a problem or something that I don't know/understand.

The problem are the parameters that are sends to bat file at this line:

ShellExecute("Skype_X64.bat",$USERNAME & ' ' & $PASSWORD,@ScriptDir & "Src","open",@SW_HIDE)

And this is the command that is launched by the Skype_X64.bat (the other bat is similar):

"%ProgramFiles%SkypePhoneSkype.exe" /username:%1 /password:%2

When I type a password that contain an equal sign (=) at the end of the word, that sign it isn't sent to bat file and I don't understand the reason why. Because if I write the login credentials directly in the bat file, the password is passed entirely to the bat file.

If the password doesn't contains the sign mentioned above, the script works correctly.

There is a way to send that sign to the bat file or there is a bug in the ShellExecute command?

This is the entire script code:

Local $USERNAME = ""

$USERNAME = IniRead(@ScriptDir & "\Username.ini", "Section_1", "Skype_Address", "")

While $USERNAME == ""
$USERNAME = InputBox("Skype Login", "Type the your account's username of Skype:","","")
if @Error > 0 Then Exit
MsgBox(64,"INFO","At the next login, your username will be stored in Username.ini and it will not required to type it anymore.")
Wend

IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\Username.ini","Section_1", "Skype_Address", $USERNAME)

Local $PASSWORD = ""

While $PASSWORD == ""
$PASSWORD = InputBox("Skype Login", "Type the your account's password of Skype:", "", "*")
if @Error > 0 Then Exit
Wend

If @OSArch <> "X86" Then

ShellExecute("Skype_X64.bat",$USERNAME & ' ' & $PASSWORD,@ScriptDir & "\Src","open",@SW_HIDE)

Else

ShellExecute("Skype_X86.bat",$USERNAME & ' ' & $PASSWORD,@ScriptDir & "\Src","open",@SW_HIDE)

Endif
Edited by krypton13

• Moderators

YogiBear,

The rules speak of "Bypassing of security measures - log-in and security dialogs" only - normal logins such as this one are not forbidden. I am happy for the thread to continue. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I'm in error and I stand corrected!

Would RunDos work better? Just throwing this out there....

Well Run would be suffice.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Thank you very much FireFox your suggested code works, it's my second script and I'm still inexperienced.

But in general, if in an Autoit script I want to pass a symbol like argument to a generic bat file, it can be possible? Because the behavior of the autoit script for the equal sign has been strange and inexplicable. For me work with bat files is a common operation and if there are compatibility issues with it I would be aware of that.

Would RunDos work better? Just throwing this out there....

For RunDos you mean the Run... program of Windows? It's not the same thing, because if I wrote my password in it everyone who is behind to me are able to read it. Edited by krypton13

No,

_RunDos

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

No,

_RunDos

I have made the script also with _RunDos:

#include <Process.au3>

< ...rest of the code...>

$COMMAND = _RunDos(String('"' & @ProgramFilesDir & '\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /username:' & $USERNAME & " /password:" & $PASSWORD))

If $COMMAND == 0 & @error <> 0 then MsgBox(64,"INFO","Command not executed")

Exit

But I think that the best and simple solution was the one proposed by FireFox:

ShellExecute(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe", "/username:" & $USERNAME & " /password:" & $PASSWORD)
Edited by krypton13

I see no issue with ShellExecute either.

UDF List:

I see no issue with ShellExecute either.

If you try to execute the original script and you type a password like this one: xyxyxyxyxy=

You will notice the loss of the equal sign that is passed to the bat file, therefore the issue is present for me.

Edited by krypton13

How do you know the equal sign isn't passed to the bat file? How do you know that it's not the bat file stripping it? What have you done to verify that the string is passed correctly to the batch file?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

How do you know the equal sign isn't passed to the bat file? How do you know that it's not the bat file stripping it? What have you done to verify that the string is passed correctly to the batch file?

I have modified the bat file in this way:

set var=%2

"%ProgramFiles(x86)%SkypePhoneSkype.exe" /username:%1 /password:%var%

echo %var% >> pwd.txt"

If I have typed: xyxyxy= in the pwd.txt file I read: xyxyxy

How do you know that it's not the bat file stripping it

I don't know what mean "stripping it", but I don't think is the bat file that loses the equal sign. However, everything is possibile. Edited by krypton13

Stripping it means taking the input and removing the character. Maybe it would be better to just not use an equal sign in the password if you can't pass it to the program correctly.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Stripping it means taking the input and removing the character. Maybe it would be better to just not use an equal sign in the password if you can't pass it to the program correctly.

With the FireFox's solution or the _RunDos command the equal sign is passed because the commands are sent directly by the Autoit script to Windows, the issue occurs only when the equal sign is passed from an Autoit script to an external bat file that contains the command for logging to Skype. This is the reason why I ask explanation about ShellExecute command. Edited by krypton13

I don't use Skype, so can't really test this.

UDF List:

Seriously. I have the portable version of Skype not the installed version, but I rarely open Skype portable. Am I missing something with not using it?

Edited by guinness

UDF List: