How to check if my pc is 32 bit or 64 bit

dondie

Hi i have know read alot of the topics about this, and ppl are saying use @OSArch, or @ProssereArch, but non of them is in my AutoIt? can any one help me with a command, so i can check if my pc is 32 bit or 64 bit? im making a script for my work, where we need to install programmes diffrent if 32 bit then 64 bit.

Best Regards

Patrick Ølholm

MsgBox( 64, "Info:", StringFormat("CPU: %s\nOS: %s", @CPUArch, @OSArch ) )

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

Try:

MsgBox(0, "", "@AutoItVersion: " & AutoItVersion & ", @CPUArch: " & @CPUArch)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hello donie,

@OSArch is in your AutoIt Helpfile found in helpfile/AutoIt/Macro Reference/System Info Macros.

This example works for me.

Local $cpu_arch_type = @CPUArch
Local $os_arch_type = @OSArch
Local $msgTitle = 'CPU = ' & $cpu_arch_type & ', OS = ' & $os_arch_type 
Select
  Case $cpu_arch_type = 'X86'
    MsgBox( '', $msgTitle, 'Your CPU is 32 bit architecture.' )
  Case $cpu_arch_type = 'X64' And $os_arch_type = 'X86'
    MsgBox( '', $msgTitle, 'Your CPU is 64 bit architecture,' & @CRLF & 'However your OS is only 32 bit architecture' )
  Case $cpu_arch_type = 'X64' And $os_arch_type = 'X64'
    MsgBox( '', $msgTitle, 'Both your CPU and OS is 64 bit architecture.' )
  Case $cpu_arch_type = 'X64' And $os_arch_type = 'IA64'
    MsgBox( '', $msgTitle, 'Both your CPU and OS is 64 bit architecture,' & @CRLF & 'and your OS also supports 32 bit emmulation.' )
EndSelect

Happy Coding!

Realm

Edit: Added checks for both architecture types for both CPU and OS. corrected variable name.

Edited by Realm

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry. 

i will say thanks to you all, but non of the codes works for me :S

and Realm the path you say Helpfile/Autoit/Marco Reference/System Info Macros only shows me:

@OSLang

@OSType

@OSVersion

@OSBuild

@OSServicePack

and not the @OSArch, and i can not see the @CPUArch.

• Moderators

dondie,

@CPUArch was introduced in the v3.3.0.0 release in Dec 2008 - what version are you running? :huh:

MsgBox(0, "Version", @AutoItVersion)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

@CPUArch should be the first one on the list.

@OSArch should be the fourth example on the list.

At least they are in my help file.

The example in my previous post is moderately misleading.... I labled the variable as cpu arch as requested from your OP, but was thinking about your request to install the proper versions of software in which you would need the OS to be of the same arch type as well, and the variable $cpu_arch_type... is actually polling the OS architecture type in my example. I apologize for not correcting that when I changed the direction of check, and not explaining why at the same time in my previous post. I will correct that in a moment and add a check for both versions.

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry. 

• Moderators

dondie,

I suggest you uninstall what you have and the download and reinstal from our webpage - that way you are sure of getting the latest version. ;)

M23

Edit: I see you have done. :thumbsup:

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

That's not a reliable check in my opinion.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

you dont need autoit for this..

Simply check the folders on system drive.

64bit systems have Program Files and Program Files(x86), 32bit systems have only Program Files

i know, but im making a auto installing of programmes, that is diffrent from 32 bit and 64 bit, so yes i need autoit to check if the computer is 64 or 32 bit, or else i need to make 2 programms = waste of time

you dont need autoit for this..

Simply check the folders on system drive.

64bit systems have Program Files and Program Files(x86), 32bit systems have only Program Files

That's not a reliable check in my opinion.

Yes, it is possible to have a 64bit version of Windows without a Program Files (x86) folder. It would be more reliable to check for the existence of the Syswow64 folder.