Find end of the line with Scite replace regex

Aktonius

Care to elaborate further?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

pressing CTRL+END

i guess

the most appropriate answer according to the information !!

Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

If what you are trying to do is add something to the end of lines in Scite, then this is what you need in the Scite replace dialog.

post-5235-0-73130600-1360673264_thumb.pn

Edited by Bowmore

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

pressing CTRL+END

i guess

the most appropriate answer according to the information !!

If that was a joke, it doesnt really make any sense.

Care to elaborate further?

I am trying to scite-text-replace every character that matches @LF but only if it is on the end of line.

Edited by Aktonius

Neither did your question I'm afraid.

I am trying to scite-text-replace every character that matches @LF but only if it is on the end of line.

Are you finding or replacing? Anyhow, look at this page >> http://www.scintilla.org/SciTERegEx.html

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Neither did your question I'm afraid.

How really it didnt? Its so simple and clear. Scite has replace and i wasasking how to find the end of line in it with it. It just cant be more clear i'm afraid. Just because you dont use Scite and replace text as much doesnt mean the question isnt clear and this is not the first time where i ask something on this forums just to see mvp badges try to police my question because you obviously think if you dont get the question it must be nonsense while those kids like PhoenixXL who dont even know what end of line is just follow you in your "talk-down" endavors. I am really getting sick of this forums just because of your mvp egos. THey just need to remove those badges.

Nevermind

Line-feed always marks the end of line ( at least in SCITE )

How really it didnt? Its so simple and clear. Scite has replace and i wasasking how to find the end of line in it with it. It just cant be more clear i'm afraid. Just because you dont use Scite and replace text as much doesnt mean the question isnt clear and this is not the first time where i ask something on this forums just to see mvp badges try to police my question because you obviously think if you dont get the question it must be nonsense while those kids like PhoenixXL who dont even know what end of line is just follow you in your "talk-down" endavors. I am really getting sick of this forums just because of your mvp egos. THey just need to remove those badges.

cool down friend, no offense :)

Regards

Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

Please, stop.

OK. Next time when you post a question please place it in the body section of the post, not the title and a question mark would be advisable.

I provided you with a link to regular expression usage in SciTE and not once was I insulting towards you, even now I'm being respectful.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Please, stop.

It wasn't a joke..!

Anyhow if this does some help, check it

;Aim - to replace the @LF with any other character ( "@LF" here )

Local $sRead = FileRead(@ScriptFullPath)

#cs
;The carriage return will still break the lines
;Lets stript the Carrige return orelse it would create unnecessary confusion
$sRead = StringRegExpReplace( $sRead, "\r", "" )
#ce

;Lets replace the Line Feeds
MsgBox(64, "Result", StringRegExpReplace($sRead, "\n", "@LF"))
Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

• Moderators

Aktonius,

Please calm down. Your question as initially posed was extremely unclear - and when reformulated as "I am trying to scite-text-replace every character that matches @LF but only if it is on the end of line" is little better as every line in SciTE ends in @LF (in fact they actually end in @CRLF, but the @LF is the final byte). Do you not see now how your question makes little sense? :huh:

I do not find that you have been attacked or insulted in any way - if you do not post clear questions then you cannot expect clear answers and an occasional attempt at humour helps us all keep our sanity. ;)

So please do not hurl accusations of "MVP egos" about unnecessarily - particularly to someone who does as much as guinness to help progress the language. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• 8 months later...

I completely understand Aktonius getting upset to such kind of answers.

The question is clear and makes perfectly sense.

I've been looking for the same feature as well many times, and I didn't find any way to find/replace the eol characters on scite until now.

in order for scite to find n the "transfer backslash expression" has to be checked and the "regular
expression" option disabled.

i find this really counter-intuitive and poorly worth, since most of the time one would need the regex active as well as looking for the eol.

A suggestion: just switch to Notepad++, it would work as well as on windows running on wine.

Edited by frakie

• Moderators

frakie,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :)

I am delighted that you found the OP's question clear - however, you appear to be in the minority. Perhaps you can give us the name of your crystal ball provider as I find mine can fail at times - it certainly did in this case! :D

And I agree that the SciTE RegEx search is less than perfect - in fact I only realised that it had one when answering this question just over a month ago. But could I point out that the full SciTE4AutoIt3 package (that you can download from here) offers a lot of additional tools to help you code in AutoIt. I think it makes it worthwhile putting up with the occasional inconvenience like the poor RegEx search, but you are of course free to disagree. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

frakie,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :)

I am delighted that you found the OP's question clear - however, you appear to be in the minority. Perhaps you can give us the name of your crystal ball provider as I find mine can fail at times - it certainly did in this case! :D

And I agree that the SciTE RegEx search is less than perfect - in fact I only realised that it had one when answering this question just over a month ago. But could I point out that the full SciTE4AutoIt3 package (that you can download from here) offers a lot of additional tools to help you code in AutoIt. I think it makes it worthwhile putting up with the occasional inconvenience like the poor RegEx search, but you are of course free to disagree. :)

M23

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try.

About the question, no crystal ball is necessary. The question Aktonius made is so obvious that it makes me really troubled to understand how can one possibly not get it.

I get that something in the sentence construction is missing, but it's so obvious that it shouldn't give any problem to its comprehension:

Find end-of-line with Scite replace regex. It just means he wants to find the end-of-line characters using the replace functions and the regex, I don't see what else it could mean.

The only way for someone to misunderstand it is that one doesn't know what either end-of-line or Scite or replace-function or regex mean.

In such case, if it was me, I wouldn't have answered unless asking for what the term I didn't know meant.

This being said, I wouldn't have given an unpolite answer as well, but I can understand his frustrating mood.

Edited by frakie

• Moderators

frakie,

About the question, no crystal ball is necessary. The question Aktonius made is so obvious that it makes me really troubled to understand how can one possibly not get it

Sorry that we caused you to become troubled - but I not believe that anyone who replied to this thread wanted anything other to help. A simple explanation from the OP in the first post (such as was finally offered in post #5) would have prevented much unpleasantness. :)

And could I also point out that the OP is not exactly a saint himself when it comes to commenting about others' posts - so my sympathy is even further reduced from that expressed above. ;)

Anyway, if you wish to continue this discussion, please do so via PM - we have monopolised this thread for long enough. :)

M23

Spoiler