ObjCreate Causes a Memory leak (Updated)

IanN1990

I have testet the code in the first post on my XP SP3 and AutoIt 3.3.8.1 and watched the memory usage in Windows Task Manager.

The first many loops it allocates 4K of extra memory for each loop. After some time it only allocates extra 4K after several loops. Right now it's at 5.860 K. And it hasn't allocated any memory the last 30 minutes, that's about 120 loops.

When I have watched memory usage of some of my scripts with code like this, it seems to be normal behavior. In the start they allocates memory. After some time they don't allocate more memory.

If you code this program in C/C++ I'm pretty sure you'll see the same memory usage.

I'll leave the script running and report the memory usage later tonight. The 5.860 K was at 19:15 danish time. After 40 minutes still 5.860 K.

It's now 23:30. The memory usage is 5.912 K. That's 52 K extra allocated in 4 hours and 15 minutes. I would not call that a memory leak. If it was a memory leak I would have expected a more continuous and persistent memory consumption.

Edited by LarsJ