Hi guys,

I read these threads:

and I thought about, is it possible to add such things to Autoit core or make it available by creating a free dll or UDF?

There are lot of Windows controls which are available through functions included in Autoit3 core and there are some additional things added via UDFs.

Can somebody explain to me, what needs to be done to have the possibility to create menus like in Excel and so on with Autoit.

Thanks! Sorry, I'm no C++ programmer and that is why, I do not know much about these COM objects and .Net classes ...

So, please do not flame me.

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Come on, Mircosoft is moving forward. There are new desgin concepts and new controls.

Somebody must know, what needs to be done to use this stuff in Autoit.

Edited by Xenobiologist

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

yes. i'm totally agree.

I make a Feature Request with ribbon about 2 months ago. But trancexx say :

"AutoIt supports creation and usage of the Ribbons. User just have to know how to use the language capabilities. Not everything has to be wrapped into a single function call."

I read somewhere that trancexx is working on something big. So hopefully it can introduce some new controls.

I read somewhere that trancexx is working on something big. So hopefully it can introduce some new controls.

I wouldn't hold my breath ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I am convinced, that if those controls are easily available/useable in Autoit, then many people would use them.

So, is there anybody out there who can explain what needs to be done and why it is so difficult or why it shouldn't be done at all?

As I said before, I am no C++ developer. Isn't there a class collection/ API or somethig like that for goal?

Maybe it isn't that hard to use a dll created with another language? What language would be the best to create such a dll?

I am convinced, that if those controls are easily available/useable in Autoit, then many people would use them.

So, is there anybody out there who can explain what needs to be done and why it is so difficult or why it shouldn't be done at all?

As I said before, I am no C++ developer. Isn't there a class collection/ API or somethig like that for goal?

Maybe it isn't that hard to use a dll created with another language? What language would be the best to create such a dll?

In creating DLL for PrinceD used PureBasic.

Maybe is a good start.

Edited by PlayHD

Yeah, that is the link I also posted in my first post. But you need to pay for the language - I do not like that. I had a short glance at the homepage of PureBasic.

You are welcome to leave this forum Xeno

And just why would you even suggest that someone (an MVP no less) who has been a member for 8 years and has over 4600 posts might want to leave the forums.

Be careful what you say to people with that kind of experience behind them when you have been a member for only a year and just made the 250 posts mark.

EDIT:

I should have also pointed out that you made that comment to a very well respected member of this community.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Developers

@George, Don't even worry for one second that our "friend" acidman (or whatever his nick is today) is taken serious by anybody being a regular here.

I have only read stupid remarks from him so just ignore him.. these types come and go.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Some days there seem to be more coming than going.

I've noticed in some of his threads that he even makes total idiots look good so I'll just add him to the ignore list.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I would say this should be possible with autoitobject or the objcreateinterface

Reading this http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd316910(v=vs.85).aspx

just suggests it are com interfaces so it should be possible to do this stuff from within AutoIT as I see plain Win32 API and C++ examples which just build this stuff with cocreateinstance.

Edited by junkew

The whole concept of the ribbon framework is to compile the XML to a binary representation in the example a ribres.dll

You allways will have to compile the markuplanguage with UICC.EXE and then build the execution logic in the language of your choice: AutoIT, C++, Delphi or whatever language you prefer.

see in picture: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd316924(v=vs.85).aspx

For me, it is not only the ribbons that do look nice. There is also an example of explorerBars in the ProGui thread.

Maybe, something like that is a little bit easier to implement. I don't know :