Obfuscator / MouseOnEvent Incompatible

• Developers

You are mixing two purposes of Obfuscator ->

1. Stripping unused Funcs and Global Variables

2. Obfuscating Funcs and Variables

This is more or less how it works:

Step 1: Obfuscator will read all source code including all #Include files and determine what FUNCs exists build a table with all FUNC names.

Step 2: Read the source again and start the lexing process finding the used of each of these FUNCs. it will keep track of which part of the script makes the Call to the UDF being either the Main (Body) of the script or name of the FUNC.

Step 3: Check for each FUNC in the total source whether or not it was used by reading the table and see which FUNC Called it. The clever part is that it determines through a number of Iterations whether a FUNC is used by an Initial call from the MAIN script or not to determine if it can be removed.

Step 4: The Obfuscation process is done which will rename the Found FUNCs and its references to a preset newname also stored in the FUNC table.

Steps 1-3 are done when any of the /Strip options is selected.

Step 4 is the default process or when any of the /Convert options is used.

Hope this explains it a little but feel free to ask if not.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

One thing I'm curious about, and so far haven't been able to figure out, is what happens to strings when you run obfuscator. The topic mentions string encryption, but I wonder how encrypted strings can be wrapped in a function or be passed as a parameter. Do you use global variables to replace the strings after decryption, or is that a secret? :)

Edited by czardas

• Developers

Should be pretty easy to figure out by making a one line script and Obfuscating that :)

Strings are stored into an file by Obfuscator, which is combined with the script by using FileInstall().

The obfuscated script has an added Func which will read this file and stores these literal strings into an Array.

All these array entries are stored into Global variables which are referenced at the spot where the original literal string was located.

As simple as that.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Thanks, Jos. With some of these techniques it should be very hard, almost impossible, to recreate the original code. Not that my code is to the standard for others to want to steal it. I just feel like experimenting and making something closed source. There's a first time for everything.

• Developers

Thanks, Jos. With some of these techniques it should be very hard, almost impossible, to recreate the original code. Not that my code is to the standard for others to want to steal it. I just feel like experimenting and making something closed source. There's a first time for everything.

Anybody can reverse everything, given they put the time in to figure things out, except the original names of the Variables and Func's, hence my constant repeated statement that Obfuscator doesn't make a script safe in any way shape or form.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I will explain how it works :

Br, FireFox.

Thanks for your help, but in this case not work. I have the same 4 errors, and if i click "Continue Anyway" the .exe not work as expected, try by yourself

Thanks Jos for all the explaination, didn't know the limitation of Obfuscator about Call ( never used that in my autoit life ), i'm too n00b :D

Edited by johnmcloud

Why do you need to obfuscate the code?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Make the code hard to read, I know it's not unhackable if i'm using Obfuscator but better than use nothing...

OK. Personally I use it just to strip redundant code, because I find it wastes my time finding workarounds in code/UDFs for that small percentage of users who lack imagination and programming skills.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

OK. Personally I use it just to strip redundant code, because I find it wastes my time finding workarounds in code/UDFs for that small percentage of users who lack imagination and programming skills.

I'm a part of that percentage? Thanks, it's an honor for me

@FireFox

I'll check it out

No, I meant those that want to steal another persons work, not those who use UDFs.

UDF List:

I misunderstood.

People want to steal others work it's not a small part unfortunately, someone maybe want to learn from the code but the most part simply stole it for use it in our work.

I'd like and promote the open source in 99% of the cases, but if someone who has lost time and managed to do something that is proud...in this case, i accept the closed and i'll never asking for the code

Edited by johnmcloud

Do you understand the purposes of those functions? If you do then you should understand how to edit that code. Oh, and a back reference of where you got that code would be appreciated too.

UDF List:

I have read the help about Call and Execute? Yes

I have understood the Example? Yes and No

Call() "call" another function

Call("Test")

Func Test()
MsgBox(0, 0, 0)
EndFunc ;==>Test1

But why use it? It's not the same like:

Test()

Func Test()
MsgBox(0, 0, 0)
EndFunc ;==>Test1

And In the code posted above call a variable??? On the help say:

Call( function, parameter )

function --> The name of the user function to call.

Call($MV)

That variable come from an Execute. Execute need for "execute" an expression, the example is not clear:

Local $a = 1
Local $v = Execute("$a+1") ; $v is set to 2

But for me is the same to do this:

Local $a = 1
Local $v = $a + 1

But i don't think is so easy. The last question is:

I can modify the original script for replace Call and Execute? I don't think :D

Maybe someone called guinness can help me to do it, you already have experience with this since you've already done ( if it's a lot of work, forget what i have say in the last phrase )

Edited by johnmcloud

Sorry, but as I said it's not something I would wish to waste time on, plus it would be a good learning curve for you don't you think? If you show some effort then perhaps I will reconsider.

UDF List:

guinness i can't decide for your time, so it is not right from my point of view to try persuading you.

But I just want to say that I have searched for a lot of time and have not found examples of real hook without Call and Execute, only some example low level mouse hook, but not redirect the "click"

In these days I'll try anyway by myself if I have some results place here, no doubt

Hmm, did you search $WH_MOUSE_LL in the Forum as I just came across some examples that don't use Call or Execute.

UDF List: