How to Get a File Menu Item Opened?

GIS007

Hello All-

I am having problems trying to write a simple script. I am using SciTe version 3.2.0 & the AU3 Recorder & AutoIt v3. Here’s what the script needs to do:

• Open a program

• Go to a file item

• Select a file by browsing out to the network

• Then click Open-

• Then click the Run button - then allow the file to process (this takes about 25 minutes)

• Then click Done.
My code will open the program but then it pauses – the file item never opens (it’s called “Shapefile/DBF Maintenance” in my script. If I click on the AutoIT icon in my tray, it says Script Paused. So I have to Exit out of it.

Since I am using the keystrokes to open this file (control + A, & then the up arrow to select that particular item from the drop down), shouldn’t it appear on my screen? All that apparently is happening is the program is opening. I also tried to write it using the WinMenuSelectItem function but didn’t get anywhere with that, either.

Below is my code (the ID #s came from the AutoIT Window Info tool):

Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\Pictometry\ChangeAnalysis2.7\ChangeAnalysis.exe")
WinActivate("Pictometry EFS -")
Send("!a")
Send("{UP}")
Send("{Enter}")
WinWaitActive("Annotate/Shapefile/DBF Maintenance")
ControlClick("Shapefile/DBF Maintenance", "Browse...", "[ID:2333]")
WinActivate("Open", "2")
Send("L:\Analyst\PdxBatch.pbt")
WinActivate("Open", "10")
Send("{Enter}")
WinWaitActive("Shapefile/DBF Maintenance")
ControlClick("Shapefile/DBF Maintenance", "Run", "[ID:2334]")
WinWaitActive("Shapefile/DBF Maintenance", "List1", "30")
ControlClick("Shapefile/DBF Maintenance", "Done", "[ID:1]")
WinClose("ChangeAnalysis- ")

Can anyone tell me what I could be doing wrong? I am running Windows 7, & I do have some issues with permissions over the network but it seems my code stops before I even have to jump that hurdle!

Thanks for helping a newbie out!

I'm guessing this line "WinActivate("Pictometry EFS -")" isn't matching the title of the window because that's not the whole title? Use "Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) if you're using a partial title match if that's not the entire title.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Those combinations of ctrl something, sometimes give trouble, keys lock up and such.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help! It's running but I notice that sometimes, the first time I run the executable it returns a message "File not found." I double checked my code & I have named the file correctly. If I run the exe again it opens & processes like it should. Maybe it's the use of Ctrl + Keys, but I'll have to work to figure out how to write it without that. It's a drop down menu, I thought using keystroke to access it would be the easiest? Is there a better way?

You can always click it, or control click.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe