Lock Screen Download File

silvios

I want to be able to download a file when the lock screen in active. Basically I have written a program that will go to a URL and just download a report, but this report must be downloaded using the "File Download" dialog.

I have attempted:

This is using autoitx3 in C# but the syntax is all the same.

I am navigating to a download URL using IE.

au3.ControlFocus("File Download - Security Warning", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]");

au3.ControlSend("File Download - Security Warning", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]", "!s"); // i tried all variations of alt down, alt up, {alt} clicks {enter}, etc

I have tried ControlClick which also does not work. It all works when the lock screen is not active. I know from reading the FAQ we cant use any of the WinActivate commands because they can not be active.

My main issue is I need this program to run on a Windows desktop, and all those are locked until you log in, with a remote desktop client.

This issue has been posted several times on this forum but never solved, they are also old topics, if anyone has any suggestions I would really love to hear them.

Some controls will resist clicking unless they are the active window. Use the WinActivate() function to force the control's window to the top

On a locked station any window will never be active

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

What it means is, sometimes no it is not.

And especially with window "File Download - Security Warning".

That security warning is there for a very specific reason, security. and it will resist automation because of the very nature of its existence.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

I've noticed that those warning windows are modal, so your script will pause. If you do some logging, you will probably see that there is no action after you click whatever brings about the wind&#111;w. <snip>

Edited by Melba23
Removed suggestion
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

• Moderators

jdelaney,

Getting round such things as "File Download - Security Warning" dialogs is not permitted here - as stated clearly in the Forum rules list of prohibitions:

"Bypassing of security measures - log-in and security dialogs"

I have removed your suggestion above - please think twice before offering help on similar topics in future. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

If you already at the privilege level that allows the downloading the file, you are not bypassing the security measure. You are just automating the acknowledgement for yourself, andor potentially other users. Otherwise threads like the UAC Bypass script should also be off limits, no?

Edit: this is one big question moreso than a statement

Edited by boththose

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

• Moderators

boththose,

I disagree. The UAC bypass code ideals with "shortcuts pointing to scheduled tasks, these scheduled tasks being run with their creator's rights" - this thread is about downloading files from an external source. I see a major difference even if you do not. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Thats actually the answer I was expecting. So creating a task that runs at a level that does not receive the IE security dialogs is ok? I have had to automate many _IE tasks to circumvent lockdown zones and the blocking of active content, while some system users do not receive those dialogs I have gone back to just acknowledging the dialogs as that seems a tad safer to deploy than elevating out of the box.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

• Moderators

boththose,

The Forum rules prohibit discussion of certain things on the forum. What you actually do with the language is up to you - just do not ask for support if it is not legal to mention it here. ;)

M23

Spoiler

So the example I gave you was a bad one, I am using this program to download CSV files, I was testing with download .exe files because it was easier find an open .exe to test it against. when downloading .csv files it does not give a security dialog.

So we should be able to discuss that here?

• Moderators

silvios,

You can discuss downloading files - but not automating a security dialog. So I suggest you stick to .csv files only from now on. ;)

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

silvios,

the window is still resiliant to download

Then you will get no help as automating that type of dialog is not an acceptable subject here as has already explained twice earlier in the thread. :naughty:

do you know what the suggestion which was made to try was?

Yes - but as the subject is not permitted you surely do not expect me to tell you? :mad2:

Thread closed. :naughty:

M23

Spoiler