using a folder by date

Arfur9

Is it possible to select a folder automaticelly by its creation time?

I've made a batch rendering utility with AutoIT and it works great but its about to have a major overhall and I want to show the current rendering image, 2 months ago this was easy as the image was in a temp folder

but now the rendering software creates a new folder whenever a new session starts and the temp.png is saved inside that folder

the regular path is C:\ProgramData\Thea Render\Temp then inside you have a Session_0000000X folder, if a user doesn't clean out this temp folder they could have any number of folders and the temp.png images

The idea of these sessions is so the user can resume a render and a safeguard against shutdowns (updates, powercuts etc) so I can't simply purge the folder

Also can you check a checkbox via a button, I tried via a message box but couldn't get it to work,

• Moderators

Arfur9,

It would be easy to get a list of the folders within the "regular path" from which the user could select the one to use - look at my ChooseFileFolder UDF for one way to do it. If that is not what you meant then please have another go at explaining. :)

Is the checkbox in a third party app? If so, then ControlCommand with the Check command is probably worth a try. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hi Melba23

The checkbox is part of the GUI, one is called "Relight" the other is to save a image, the message box asks if you wish to save the image as well and check the images box if needed, I guess I could just show the actual saved images, as that is a pre defined path and name

The folder problem I was hoping it could be done without the users input, the batch utillity launches Thea and it starts rendering instantly, the folder isn't created until the render is active

Neither are a big issue, the picture idea could be done embedding Thea, but I never had much luck with that

this is the old version of the tool, its a bit of a patchwork as bits keep getting added lol, but relight and img.thea checkboxes are the ones I ment, if relight is anable a message box would popup to ask if you want to save a img.thea file :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/26539256/batchcreatorspecial.zip

Edited by Arfur9

• Moderators

Arfur9,

Sorry, but I am still no clearer what it is you are trying to do with these folders. How can you open one of several folders without user input? How does the app know which one to open? :huh:

I am afraid I cannot download your file from that link - can you just attach it to the post. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Re reading what I wrote I realize how wrong it is lol , if the folder temp folder was empty I'd know sessions_0000000 would be created, I just thought it might of been possible by the date it was created :)

I've attached the file, the new version uses tab so everything will be neater, also the code, the code for that one is all over the place :ermm:

batchcreatorspecial.zip

• Moderators

Arfur9,

And what use do you think posting a compiled exe is going to do to get you help? :huh:

M23

Spoiler