my _ChangeVolume function

Hello

I searched for Func that Change my audio speakers without any hotkeys

and i found that now one worte working function for windows 7.

I decided to write my own.

this is my function:

Func _ChangeVolume($Volume_Percent)
$nircmd = @ScriptDir & "\" & "nircmd.exe "
$a_Val = ($Volume_Percent/100)*65535
Run($nircmd & "setsysvolume "&$a_Val)
EndFunc

Example use:

MsgBox(0,"Change Volume to 20","now i changing the Volume to 20",2)
_ChangeVolume(20)

Sleep(2000)

MsgBox(0,"Change Volume to 40","now i changing the Volume to 40",2)
_ChangeVolume(40)

Sleep(2000)

MsgBox(0,"Change Volume to 60","now i changing the Volume to 60",2)
_ChangeVolume(60)

Sleep(2000)

MsgBox(0,"Change Volume to 80","now i changing the Volume to 80",2)
_ChangeVolume(80)

Sleep(2000)

MsgBox(0,"Change Volume to 100","now i changing the Volume to 100",2)
_ChangeVolume(100)

Sleep(2000)
MsgBox(0,"Change Volume to 0","now i changing the Volume to 0",2)
_ChangeVolume(0)

you must to download the NirCmd to get it to work.

i have uploaded the rar with all the necessary Things

credit to

http://www.nirsoft.net/about_nirsoft_freeware.html

for the real magic

i hop that i helped for someone :)

EDIT:

i changed the line:

Run($nircmd & "nircmd.exe setsysvolume "&$a_Val) to Run($nircmd & "setsysvolume "&$a_Val)

Edited by Guest

There's an error in your NirCmd path.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

There's an error in your NirCmd path.

what error? it is working!

you just have to place the NirCmd lik an dll in the same folder(where the script run)

Strange as this doesn't look correct.

@ScriptDir & "\" & "nircmd.exe nircmd.exe setsysvolume "

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Strange as this doesn't look correct.

@ScriptDir & "\" & "nircmd.exe nircmd.exe setsysvolume "

what?

the script working..

and this is not what in my script..

in my script it is:

$nircmd = @ScriptDir & "" & "nircmd.exe "

But that's your code isn't it?

Run($nircmd & "nircmd.exe setsysvolume "&$a_Val) ; This is similar to C:\nircmd.exe nircmd.exe setsysvolume 50
EndFunc

UDF List:

Run($nircmd & "nircmd.exe setsysvolume "&$a_Val)
EndFunc

What guinness is saying is that your code will not work as posted, Run($nircmd & "nircmd.exe setsysvolume "&$a_Val) has the command for nircmd.exe already in it and then you are using your variable $nircmd - which equals @ScriptDir & "" & "nircmd.exe "

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

What guinness is saying is that your code will not work as posted, Run($nircmd & "nircmd.exe setsysvolume "&$a_Val) has the command for nircmd.exe already in it and then you are using your variable $nircmd - which equals @ScriptDir & "" & "nircmd.exe "

you are right.

but i don't have nircmd.exe in C.

But the point is that the script works and you run the script in your head instead of your computer.

I had several occasions after I built to exe then there was an error .. That's why I put @ ScriptDir.

but this:

Run("nircmd.exe setsysvolume "&$a_Val)

Also works

Thanks nitekram.

Correct syntax is:

Func _ChangeVolume($iPercent)
    Local $iPID = 0
    Local Const $sNirPath = @ScriptDir & '\nircmd.exe'
    If FileExists($sNirPath) Then
        Local Const $iValue = (Int($iPercent) / 100) * 65535
        $iPID = Run($sNirPath & ' setsysvolume ' & $iValue)
    EndIf
    Return $iPID
EndFunc   ;==>_ChangeVolume
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

But the point is that the script works and you run the script in your head instead of your computer.

This is a ridiculous statement. The point is your code is wrong, and if it works it is by accident. Your error has been pointed out, and will take 2 seconds, literally 2 seconds, to fix. You're wasting more time defending the error than it would take to fix it. Why?

This is a ridiculous statement. The point is your code is wrong, and if it works it is by accident. Your error has been pointed out, and will take 2 seconds, literally 2 seconds, to fix. You're wasting more time defending the error than it would take to fix it. Why?

Ok sorry ..

Maybe I did not understand something.

What is the error?

i know that what i worte was like create Shortcut to:

"D:ChangeVolume by gil900ChangeVolume by gil900nircmd.exe" nircmd.exe setsysvolume 65535

the plan was to do this thing

But it is working

Edited by Guest

As wraithdu said the fact it works is by accident and not doubt Nir Sofer is probably a little too forgiving and thus strips nircmd.exe from the commandline parameter string.

Syntax is ... "D:ChangeVolume by gil900ChangeVolume by gil900nircmd.exe" setsysvolume 65535

Source: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd2.html#using

UDF List:

In this case, you're using NirCmd to run NirCmd. That's what everyone is trying to point out to you.

ALL you need to do is lose one of the NirCmd.exe's in your run statement. It works, but it's not a very good way to get it to work. You're running NirCmd twice when you only need to run it once. You're using memory that isn't necessary to be used up.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I feel even more confused now.

you say that

"D:ChangeVolume by gil900ChangeVolume by gil900nircmd.exe" setsysvolume 65535

right?

so what i did is

$nircmd

@ScriptDir "" & "nircmd.exe " "nircmd.exe setsysvolume "&$a_Val

=

D:ChangeVolume by gil900ChangeVolume by gil900nircmd.exe nircmd.exe setsysvolume 6535

EDIT

In this case, you're using NirCmd to run NirCmd. That's what everyone is trying to point out to you.

ALL you need to do is lose one of the NirCmd.exe's in your run statement. It works, but it's not a very good way to get it to work. You're running NirCmd twice when you only need to run it once. You're using memory that isn't necessary to be used up.

OK now i figured it out ..

But I did not understand why this happens.

Edited by Guest

You don't need to include the executable name again. Please study my code above.

UDF List:

Do you open a URL with Firefox like this?

C:\Program Files\Firfox\Firefox.exe FireFox.exe "http://example.com"

Or this?

C:\Program Files\Firfox\Firefox.exe "http://example.com"

UDF List:

OK but i mast to understand way

D:ChangeVolume by gil900ChangeVolume by gil900nircmd.exe nircmd.exe setsysvolume 6535

is like using NirCmd to run NirCmd ?

EDIT:

i still don't know but the Shortcut

"D:ChangeVolume by gil900ChangeVolume by gil900nircmd.exe" setsysvolume 65535

and

"D:ChangeVolume by gil900ChangeVolume by gil900nircmd.exe" nircmd.exe setsysvolume 65535

are both work ..

But from what you say, the first shortcut is the correct one.

I would never have known about it without you. It's not about programming. It's about basic computer knowledge ..

Edited by Guest

In this case, it is about programming. You are programming the computer to do something, but in this case your code is not correct EVEN if something works, it does not mean that it is the right way. We are not testing your function - just looking at the code. And when you program - you have to do it RIGHT, otherwise you are going to create bugs in your code. And when you start trying to debug your code, you are going to be hard pressed to find out what the issue is - unless you follow guidelines.

In this code you are telling the application to open twice. Look at it like this. Say you have a browser like firefox - you want to run the application - do you click the desktop icon 4 times (2 times to open it and then two more time to open yet another window)? No. But that is what you are doing in your code. Trust that we are leading you in the right direction, and just change your code so that later you will not have issues. Then learn from this, as you would with any other experience.

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

I'm happy you understand.

UDF List:

Thanks nitekram.

Correct syntax is:

Func _ChangeVolume($iPercent)
    Local $iPID = 0
    Local Const $sNirPath = @ScriptDir & '\nircmd.exe'
        Run($sNirPath & ' setsysvolume ' & $iValue)
    EndIf
    Return $iPID
EndFunc ;==>_ChangeVolume

line 1:

for what the Local $iPID = 0 ?

line 2:

for what the "Const" and what Const do?

line 3-4:

Run($sNirPath & ' setsysvolume ' & $iValue)

EndIf

??

why use if?

why use Int($iPercent) and not just $iPercent ?

line 5:

again for what the $iPID?

Edited by Guest