Suddenly cannot run scripts any more

hummus

I am having a problem bringing Autoit back to the way it used to be.

I used to run SciTE4AutoIt that comes with the installaion, hit F5 whenever I checked a script and all went fine.

My problems began when I wanted to start using ScitE with XML files (because it could collapse them). Since I didn't see the option to support XML in SciTE4Autoit - I downloaded the full SciTE program. Installed and ran it - all worked fine with XML files.

However - suddenly it started messing things up with the Lite version of SciTE I had. It seemed like it would open au3 scripts in the full SciTE - but would show the status line and all the options as being part of AutoIt - but still show all the supported Languages. Biggest problem - it now failed to run au3 scripts and even color-code them.

So - I reinstalled AutoIt. Still the same problem. I could see now the color highlights - but when I hit F5 on a test script I get:

>"C:\ProgramData\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:\utils\Autoit_scripts\test.au3"
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
>Exit code: 1    Time: 0.215

I uninstalled AutoIt, uninstalled SciTE, removed all SciTE properites from the user folder, removed c:\ProgramData\SciTE, and finally reinstalled AutoIt.

Again - highlights fine - but get the above error when running.

I tried installing the full SciTE4AutoIt3 - no highlights now and no F5 functionality. Again tried uninstalling and reinstalling AutoIt. Tried adding different addons to SciTEuser.properties that I've found on the net - but nothing seemed to help (or maybe I didn't do it right).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Developers

Have you been making updates in the SciTEUser.properties file or other properties files since it seems you are pointing to the wrong directory for AutoIt3?

For this:

"C:\ProgramData\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe"

I would expect:

"C:\Program files\Autoit3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe"

Jos

ps. You need to download and install the separate full SciTE4AutoIt3 version since the Lite version that comes with AutoIt3 only contains the Autoit3 Lexer.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I know that the path seems odd - that's why I'm puzzled. I haven't seen that path in the registry or any of the properties files. I certainly have not changed it and I don't know where I need to force it to find autoit in the right directory.

Thanks.