Problem with scite

JohnOne

I don't know if this is scite4autoit specific, or even just me specific, but it's becoming a bit of a pain for me.

I have the feeling of deja vu writing this too.

Scenario, I open a file with scite4autoit (right click .au3 file select edit.

Once I have done that, I cannot rename the folder which that (or any files opened with scite) resides, not even after having closed the tab, and scite itself.

Perhaps there is some sort of fancy coding to unlock a folder or something, but it just seems overkill.

Nothing short of a reboot allows me to rename that folder once a file in it has been open in scite.

I can rename the files, I can delete the files within the folder, but the folder stays locked and stubborn.

Wonder if anyone else has this issue, and if it a larger scite issue.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• Moderators

JohnOne,

I can confirm the same behaviour on my Vista x32 SP2 machine. But it is not something I do too often, so I am not surprised that I have not noticed it before.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

Jos,

Latest beta SciTE and Vista x32 SP2.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

• Developers

It probably has something to do with the way the workdir is set when SciTE is shelled via the explorer OPEN option.

Open another file in another directory and the issue is gone for the first opened file/directory

I see the same issue as the OP on Win7 prof x64 with SciTE 3.2.5.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

JohnOne,

I can confirm the same behaviour on my Vista x32 SP2 machine. But it is not something I do too often, so I am not surprised that I have not noticed it before.

M23

I've not in the past, but I've taken to copying the contents of folder to new one, and renaming old, indicating the changes I made in script or any components for purposes of backup.

I have a file in startup folder at the moment to remind me to rename folders when I restart computer :geek:

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

It probably has something to do with the way the workdir is set when SciTE is shelled via the explorer OPEN option.

Open another file in another directory and the issue is gone for the first opened file/directory

I see the same issue as the OP on Win7 prof x64 with SciTE 3.2.5.

Confirmed, that'll do for me, cheers.

• Developers

Win 7 x64, SciTE 3.25. No issues for me. Folder is locked while the file is open of course, but as soon as it's closed I can rename the folder.

Do you keep SciTE open and use one instance of SciTE? Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I use one instance of SciTE (multiple tabs), and I was closing it before attempting a rename. OP said he had to reboot. I see the problem if you close the script tab but leave SciTE open (working dir issue as you said). But closing SciTE frees everything up.

• Developers

Same here, either close SciTE or open another file from another directory is enough to free up the first directory.

Jos :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

Same here too. :thumbsup:

M23

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

I find this happens when a script somehow becomes "detached" from Scite and is running independently. For example, when I press F1 it occasionally opens a second instance of my script [detached from Scite's script control Ex; Stop Execution] and if my script doesn't have a GUI, I don't notice this happening. So even after Scite is closed, the directories are locked because my script is still running hidden.

Edited by BinaryBrother

SIGNATURE_0X800007D NOT FOUND