How to access program icon for registry

In the process of creating an installer for an au3 compiled program, and adding registry entries for right-click context menu,

I find the need to have a program icon associated to it for the context menu.

I simply don't have the previous knowledge with icons to understand what syntax is required.

The registry entry will be setting the icon as Create_NFO.EXE,0

I used

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=C:\bin\Create_NFO.ico

in my program when compiled. Looking at the exe file with a program available here (see image)

I get 5 images and the last one is the one I want to show on the context menu (-5)

So is that what I need to use? Create_NFO.EXE,-5

or am I going about this the wrong way.

post-37367-0-27717100-1362088837_thumb.j

You have to know only the icon index number of the exe that you want display in your context menu. In your case is -5, so setting the registry key value with:

"C:\WORKINGDIR\Create_NFO.EXE",-5
should do the trick.

Hi!

My UDF: NetInfo UDF Play with your network, check your download/upload speed and much more! YTAPI Easy to use YouTube API, now you can easy retrive all needed info from a video. NavInfo Check if a specific browser is installed and retrive other usefull information. YWeather Easy to use Yahoo Weather API, now you can easily retrive details about the weather in a specific region. No-IP UDF Easily update your no-ip hostname(s).

My Script: Wallpaper Changer Change you wallpaper dinamically, you can also download your wallpaper from your website and share it with all!   My Snippet: _ImageSaveToBMPConvert an image to bmp format. _SciteGOTO Open a file in SciTE at specific fileline. _FileToHex Show the hex code of a specified file

Have you tried to reboot your system after the registry write?

Hi!

Edited by Nessie

My UDF: NetInfo UDF Play with your network, check your download/upload speed and much more! YTAPI Easy to use YouTube API, now you can easy retrive all needed info from a video. NavInfo Check if a specific browser is installed and retrive other usefull information. YWeather Easy to use Yahoo Weather API, now you can easily retrive details about the weather in a specific region. No-IP UDF Easily update your no-ip hostname(s).

My Script: Wallpaper Changer Change you wallpaper dinamically, you can also download your wallpaper from your website and share it with all!   My Snippet: _ImageSaveToBMPConvert an image to bmp format. _SciteGOTO Open a file in SciTE at specific fileline. _FileToHex Show the hex code of a specified file