Problem with W7 and simple MessageBox

Hello.

i found a small problem with the messagebox cmd.

I have written a small program which should show a detailed error message. Now the problem is, on one PC it works, on the second pc i get an error message. On this pc i alst get an error message if i try t run the script within scite.

Here's the code:

msgbox(1, "Falsche Anzahl Parameter", "Es muessen exakt 3 Parameter angegeben werden:" & @CRLF & " - Name der gepackten Datei (z.B. 7-Zip.rar)" & @CRLF & " - Zielpfad (z.B. 7-Zip)" @CRLF & " - Pfad von Uniextract.exe relativ zur Ketarin.exe (z.B. Apps\Uniextract)" & @CRLF & "Das Programm wird beendet")

and here's the status message from scite:

G:\_Notfallstick\Neue_Struktur\Apps Essential\Eigenentwicklung\Quellcodes\UniExtract.AU3 (4) : ==> Error in expression.:

msgbox(1, "Falsche Anzahl Parameter", "Es muessen exakt 3 Parameter angegeben werden:" & @CRLF & " - Name der gepackten Datei (z.B. 7-Zip.rar)" & @CRLF & " - Zielpfad (z.B. 7-Zip)" @CRLF & " - Pfad von Uniextract.exe relativ zur Ketarin.exe (z.B. Apps\Uniextract)" & @CRLF & "Das Programm wird beendet")

msgbox(1, "Falsche Anzahl Parameter", ^ ERROR

the only difference between both systems what could cause this is that the errorous system is set to 150% in the display settings. Could anybody confirm this problem?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom78,

The code that you posted had the following problem (see comments in code):

msgbox(1, "Falsche Anzahl Parameter", "Es muessen exakt 3 Parameter angegeben werden:" & @CRLF & _
" - Name der gepackten Datei (z.B. 7-Zip.rar)" & @CRLF & " - Zielpfad (z.B. 7-Zip)" & @CRLF & _ ; <---- missing "&" before this @CRLF
" - Pfad von Uniextract.exe relativ zur Ketarin.exe (z.B. Apps\Uniextract)" & @CRLF & "Das Programm wird beendet")

After correction the code runs fine (Win7 64bit). I don't know what you mean by 150% in display settings.

Also,

Use code tags when posting your code "[autoit][/autoit]"

You may find it easier to read long strings if you break them across lines

kylomas

edit: just changed the zoom level on my display to 150% (if that is what you mean) and it works fine.

Found it in the CP and changed to 150%. The code runs fine.

Edited by kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill