BlockInputEx

I'm hoping someone can/will pick up this project as I've got an issue at work.

Recently we've been required to be HIPPA compliant, which means that we must lock our keyboards when away from our computers.

Problem is, my 2nd pc is running all my autoit scripts to run my jobs automatically and due to the software we use, the scripts won't run while the pc is locked.

I was hoping to be able to use BlockInputEx to lock out anyone from using the pc except for pre-defined hotkeys to run specific jobs, however with the current version of BlockInputEx, it can't use send or mousemove (which my scripts need)

Also, I've had some problems with exiting my test. If I have _BlockInputEx(1), then when I use the exit hotkey, the scite window minimizes and the program does not exit.

Also, it states in the UDF to use the _IsPressed hex values for the keys you want excluded from blocking and It's still blocking mu excludes for only my numbers (esc, ctrl+alt+u and ctrl+alt+l are unblocked)

I'm running windows xp with autoit 3.3.6.0

#include <BlockInputEx.au3>
HotKeySet("1","_test1")
HotKeySet("2","_test2")
HotKeySet("^!l","_lock")
HotKeySet("^!u","_unlock")
HotKeySet("{esc}","_exit")
While 1
Sleep(10)
WEnd
Func _test1()
MsgBox(0,"","1 Key was pressed")
EndFunc
Func _test2()
MsgBox(0,"","2 Key was pressed")
EndFunc
Func _lock()
_BlockInputEx(1,"0x11|0x12|0x31|0x32|0x4C|0x55|0x1B")
EndFunc
Func _unlock()
_BlockInputEx(0)
EndFunc
Func _exit()
_unlock()
Sleep(1000)
Exit
EndFunc
Edited by kaotkbliss

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

Why the old version of AutoIt would be my question.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Sorry for the late replies, but to answer...

GordonFreeman - sp3

Guinness - last time I updated there was a change I didn't see mentioned anywhere where pixelsearch returned a different response than previously when color not found which meant either try to find time at work to update the many many different scripts used, or stick with the older version.

PixelSearch has returned the same thing, for found and not found colors, since at least 3.0.100. The only difference I see from that really old version is that you can search in different directions, but the return values are identical from reading the help file.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Not to derail the topic as I really need to figure out a solution for this, but I did make a post here when the pixelsearch changed as all my scripts were running fine, then after the update none of them worked and when I put in some msgboxes to see the return values, I saw that result of not finding the color had indeed changed.

At any rate, I have 1 script that acts as a main gui that has a button for each job that I need to run. I was thinking if I set a hotkey to each button, then I could block all other input by the user so medical info couldn't be (easily) obtained.

Unfortunately, not only have my first 2 hotkeys not worked, but it also blocks mousemove and mouseclicks performed by additional scripts called by the main :(

The program I need to interact with doesn't have any info with the info tool for input fileds and buttons so I must use these functions.

*edit*

I just ran the same script, with the same results on Win7 64bit using autoit 3.3.8.1

Edited by kaotkbliss