[Solved] How to always start autoit scite in beta

I installed the beta, enabled it. New script appears like this.

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.3.9.4 (beta)
Author:      myName

Script Function:
Template AutoIt script.

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Script Start - Add your code below here

So i test it out with this,

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=Beta
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.3.9.4 (beta)
Author:      myName

Script Function:
Template AutoIt script.

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Script Start - Add your code below here

ConsoleWrite(@AutoItVersion)

and i get 3.3.8.1?

Edited by IanN1990

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=Beta doesn't result in an error because all "wrong" directives are ignored.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=B
ConsoleWrite(@AutoItVersion)

Result

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\Desktop\New AutoIt v3 Script (2).au3" /UserParams

+>17:45:54 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.0.33 Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000809 OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1 CPU:X64 OS:X64)

>Running AU3Check (1.54.22.0) from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3

+>17:45:54 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.3.8.1):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "D:\Desktop\New AutoIt v3 Script (2).au3"

--> Press Ctrl+Alt+F5 to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop

3.3.8.1+>17:45:54 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

>Exit code: 0 Time: 0.995

Edited by IanN1990

Same as IanN1990, using that wrapper directive doesn't run it with the Beta version, only runs production.

EDIT: Oh, and BTW, when you use the Compile Tool (CTRL+F7) and select to run the beta version it inserts the line "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=Beta". Looking at the source code for AutoIt3Wrapper there's no command line option for just "b".

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Developers

Looking at the source code for AutoIt3Wrapper there's no command line option for just "b".

It does support both B as Beta in the directive.:)

The issue here is that the way I have it coded is that the commandline parameter /prod overrides the directive

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=b
or 
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=Beta

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Autoit3=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta\autoit3.exe
MsgBox(0," ",@AutoItVersion,0)

It is a pitty that the environment variables cannot be used like in the runbefore and runafter statements..

Like: %autoitdir%

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Autoit3=%AutoitDir%Betaautoit3.exe

would be fine, since my dir is on drive G: and not C:

Edited by Exit

App: Au3toCmd              UDF: _SingleScript()                             

• Developers

The issue here is that the way I have it coded is that the commandline parameter /prod overrides the directive

Tried to recall why I had done that as it really doesn't make any sense anymore.

Will remove the test for the directive to have the Directive override the commandline option. (The current Beta has the change in it: AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.2.2)

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Autoit3=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta\autoit3.exe
MsgBox(0," ",@AutoItVersion,0)

It is a pitty that the environment variables cannot be used like in the runbefore and runafter statements..

Like: %autoitdir%

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Autoit3=%AutoitDir%Betaautoit3.exe

would be fine, since my dir is on drive G: and not C:

The issue is that you are defining the AutoIt3 program directory so it isn't known yet at that time .... mmm am I making sense here? :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

The issue is that you are defining the AutoIt3 program directory so it isn't known yet at that time .... mmm am I making sense here? :)

Jos, obviosly makes no sense, since you display those values in the first consoleline of the wrapper.

Then you alter the values when analysing the #AutoIt3Wrapper_xxx directives.

See here the console output:

Output of Beta run:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Autoit3=G:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3Betaautoit3.exe

ConsoleWrite(@LF & "AutoIt version: "&@AutoItVersion&@lf&@lf)

is:

>"G:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTEAutoIt3WrapperAutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "O:DataAutoIttry.au3" /UserParams

+>13:51:45 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.0.33 Environment(Language:0407 Keyboard:00000407 OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1 CPU:X64 OS:X64)

>Running AU3Check (1.54.22.0) from:G:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3

+>13:51:45 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.3.9.4):G:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3Betaautoit3.exe "O:DataAutoIttry.au3"

AutoIt version: 3.3.9.4

+>13:51:45 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

>Exit code: 0 Time: 1.224

############################################################################

Output of Production Version: (notice commented first line)

;#AutoIt3Wrapper_Autoit3=G:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3Betaautoit3.exe

ConsoleWrite(@LF & "AutoIt version: "&@AutoItVersion&@lf&@lf)

is:

>"G:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTEAutoIt3WrapperAutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "O:DataAutoIttry.au3" /UserParams

+>13:52:57 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.0.33 Environment(Language:0407 Keyboard:00000407 OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1 CPU:X64 OS:X64)

>Running AU3Check (1.54.22.0) from:G:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3

+>13:52:57 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.3.8.1):G:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3autoit3.exe "O:DataAutoIttry.au3"

AutoIt version: 3.3.8.1

+>13:52:57 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

>Exit code: 0 Time: 1.129

Would be nice, if you would provide those values not only for runbefore and runafter.

Even better it would be, if you provide ordinary ENV vars too. Like %Homedrive%.

Just test for every %xxxx% if there is a ENV var set and substitute it.

Edited by Exit

Confirmed. The new version of AutoItWrapper works. Thanks.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Developers

Jos, obviosly makes no sense, since you display those values in the first consoleline of the wrapper.

ok.....

So the first line displayed is the SciTE information and the first line displayed by AutoIt3Wrapper is:

+>13:51:45 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.0.33 Environment(Language:0407  Keyboard:00000407  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64)

What is the obvious thing I am missing?

I do agree that the logic at a later stage tries to determine the AutoIt3 program directory, but that is after the lexing of the Directives. Hence my comment that I don;t see how this will work.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I do agree that the logic at a later stage tries to determine the AutoIt3 program directory, but that is after the lexing of the Directives. Hence my comment that I don;t see how this will work.

OK... When lexing occours before determining the environment, then my suggestion will fail. I thought, that the lexer will recognice '%' signs and substitute them.

So, please forgive me my inexperience :idiot: