Poor Man's Version Control

Just thought I'd contribute something simple.

If you want simple version control, you can just do this at the beginning of your code.

Source Versioning:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.0.0.0
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion_AutoIncrement=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=mkdir "%scriptdir%\ver"
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=copy /V /Y "%in%" "%scriptdir%\ver\%scriptfile%_%fileversion%.au3"

Binary Versioning Add:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=copy /V /Y "%out%" "%scriptdir%\ver\%scriptfile%_%fileversion%.exe"

The mkdir will only be used first time to create the versioning folder, then gets ignored in subsequent tries. I add this to all my code.

Rick

So here is how I'm planning to have mine now, unless anyone has a better suggestion.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=mkdir "%scriptdir%\verau3"
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=mkdir "%scriptdir%\verexe"
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=copy /V /Y "%in%" "%scriptdir%\verau3\%scriptfile%_%fileversion%.au3"
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=copy /V /Y "%out%" "%scriptdir%\verexe\%scriptfile%_%fileversion%.exe"

Puts non compiled and compiled in different folders

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Nope, very nice idea. I probably only use 55% of what AutoIt3Wrapper is capable of.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

So here is how I'm planning to have mine now, unless anyone has a better suggestion.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=mkdir "%scriptdir%\verau3"
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=mkdir "%scriptdir%\verexe"
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=copy /V /Y "%in%" "%scriptdir%\verau3\%scriptfile%_%fileversion%.au3"
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=copy /V /Y "%out%" "%scriptdir%\verexe\%scriptfile%_%fileversion%.exe"

Puts non compiled and compiled in different folders

Nice Idea!

I am currently search for several source files between my shared drive and 2 memory sticks to see which is the latest version. :(

This would have been a BIG HELP!

Thanks Both FlashMan and JohnOne (good Name BTW)

John Morrison

I am currently search for several source files between my shared drive and 2 memory sticks to see which is the latest version. :(

You need SVN/CSV/git because the above is only limited to "versioning" between version changes.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

• Developers

You need SVN/CSV/git because the above is only limited to "versioning" between version changes.

Agree with this. I am using cvsWrapper, which is integrated in AutoIt3Wrapper, for versioning.

I mostly use the directives:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_FileVersion_AutoIncrement=p
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_cvsWrapper=v
#AutoIt3Wrapper_cvsWrapper_Parameters=/comments "%fileversion% \n"

This will make AutoIt3Wrapper prompt whether you want the increase the version number by 1 and will only run cvsWrapper when you do.

Jos

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_cvsWrapper=v

#AutoIt3Wrapper_cvsWrapper_Parameters=/comments "%fileversion% n"

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

How about a "idiots guide to Version" for our community??? :) (Yes I am asking if you would make it.:) )

I've got GitHub installed and went to set it up for an "in house" project and ran into prompts that appeared to say it was going onto my public github account. No Way am I going to have that code out there to be laughed at. :(

I was in a hurry so I just pushed it to the back burner for another day.

Most of the version software assumes you know the jargon and have grown up with the software so it's step 1. install, step 2 use it.....

A nice simple step by step for any of the various versioning software packages out there would be great for new users. Maybe even make it a suggested download and reading for new AutoIt users.... :)

IN the mean time this will help and is easy to set up.

Just a suggestion!

John Morrison

I knew nothing about subversion 18 months ago, but I just searched the Internet. Don't see why others don't do the same.

Source: http://thinkinging.com/2007/04/12/creating-a-local-subversion-repository-with-tortoisesvn/

UDF List:

I knew nothing about subversion 18 months ago, but I just searched the Internet. Don't see why others don't do the same.

Source: http://thinkinging.com/2007/04/12/creating-a-local-subversion-repository-with-tortoisesvn/

Never seen that page before, Very useful and the simples setup I've seen!

Thank you!

I always try to remember that we all "stand on the shoulders of giants" and try to pass on what little I've learned so others may climb higher.

I always try to remember that we all "stand on the shoulders of giants" and try to pass on what little I've learned so others may climb higher.

I try to teach people that 97% of what they want/need can be found on the Internet. There is literally everything available on the Internet. If I were to explain how to use SVN, I would simply be regurgitating what has already been said elsewhere and probably my description would be less informative anyway.

The keywords I used were "tortoisesvn local repository".

UDF List:

• Developers

Git can be used locally with no remote server. That's part of its appeal.

Same with SVN. I use it both for my local stuff in a local repo and for the Autoit source trunk serviced from a server on the internet.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I use SVN because of AutoIt, otherwise I would have given git a chance. In fact I just this second download the Windows version of git and will test it out, you know just to say I gave it a go.

Richard,

Out of curiosity what git do you use, official branch or something else?

Edited by guinness

UDF List: