Banging head Against the wall

o/

hey guys, i'm very new to coding (1day) but i have been researching (google) and using the help file etc.

problem is i just can't seem to get this simple hotkey to work.

i'm trying to make a constant running script that i'll use to make hotkeys for other single run scripts.

on another not, i also have no idea how to make "^{INSERT}" either work, and couldn't find any info on if insert key is blocked from use for some reason.

anyways any help would be great as i know its something simple and silly, but been staring at this now for half the day and don't understand whats wrong with it : )

HotKeySet ( "^p" , "Search_Single_Item" )

While 1
Sleep(100)
WEnd

func Search_Single_Item()
Run ( "C:\Users\IIIRAZORIII\Desktop\New Text document.txt" )
endfunc
Edited by IIIRAZORIII

EVE Online seems to be an online game. I don't that we can help you on this question ;)

Hi!

My UDF: NetInfo UDF Play with your network, check your download/upload speed and much more! YTAPI Easy to use YouTube API, now you can easy retrive all needed info from a video. NavInfo Check if a specific browser is installed and retrive other usefull information. YWeather Easy to use Yahoo Weather API, now you can easily retrive details about the weather in a specific region. No-IP UDF Easily update your no-ip hostname(s).

My Script: Wallpaper Changer Change you wallpaper dinamically, you can also download your wallpaper from your website and share it with all!   My Snippet: _ImageSaveToBMPConvert an image to bmp format. _SciteGOTO Open a file in SciTE at specific fileline. _FileToHex Show the hex code of a specified file

• Moderators

IIIRAZORIII,

Your original post is still in the database - editing later to cover your tracks does not work. Nessie is quite right - please read the Forum rules (the link is also at bottom right of each page) - particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - before you post again. Thread locked. :naughty:

And before you think of sending me a PM claimimg that "regarless what the file link is, its the functionality that i have the issue with" realise that I have no sympathy at all with that argument once someone has initially posted with links to a game. Reading the rules makes it quite clear what will happen in that case. :)

tp9191,

Please do not offer help in threads that will obviously be closed as soon as a Mod is online. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area