FileCountLines and Read Counted Lines :_: ?

#RequireAdmin
#include
AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 1)
Local $Patch = @ScriptDir & "\userlists.tmp", $Patch2 = @DesktopDir & "\lol.txt"

If Not FileExists(@ScriptDir & "\userlists.tmp") Then
RunWait("cmd.exe /c " & "wmic USERACCOUNT get Name >"&@ScriptDir&"\userlists.tmp",@ScriptDir,@SW_HIDE) ; Wypisuje surowe nazwy userów do pliku userlist.tmp na pulpicie
_reszta()
Else
_reszta()
EndIf
Func _reszta()
;###############################################################################################
;###############################################################################################
$Czytaj = FileRead($Patch)
$Zamien = StringReplace($Czytaj, " ", "")
$Otworz = FileOpen($Patch, 2)
FileWrite($Patch, $Zamien)
FileClose($Otworz)
$Users = FileOpen($Patch)
$Blokuj = FileOpen($Patch2)
$Czytaj2 = FileReadLine($Users, 2)
Run("cmd.exe")
Sleep(500)
;WinWaitActive("", "Microsoft")
Send("cacls " & $Patch2 & " /E /P " & $Czytaj2 & ":R" )
Send("{ENTER}")
;Send
FileClose($Users)
FileClose($Blokuj)
FileDelete($Patch)
Return()
endfunc

This script chek the names of users in computer and save it to file.

Next is check this name and write it to console :

Send("cacls " & $Patch2 & " /E /P " & $Czytaj2 & ":R" )

BUT !

$Czytaj2 = FileReadLine($Users, 2)

On first line in file there is nothing I need

But on others there is a lot :D

Is there any way to read from line second to last (Not only second and last, includes all the way...) ?

Edited by Keniger

You can use _FileCountLines for read the number of the line in the txt, than do a

For $i=2 To Number of line
$Czytaj2 = FileReadLine($Users, $i)
Next

In alternative you can use _FileReadToArray

EDIT: You do a Send to a CMD window? :D

Use RunWait instead

Edited by johnmcloud

Nope I cant use RunWait because I need CMD not @ComSpec.

I check this code when I go back to home, but :

This

$count = FileCountLines($patch_to_file)

For $i=2 to $count

$Czytaj2 = FileReadLine($Users, $i)

Next

yy ? I want do the same to 3'rd line how I can do it ?

$i + 1 ?

Why not use _FileReadToArray?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Keniger, johnmcloud,

Using _FileCountLines to tally reading with FileReadLine is an absolute abomination. That means reading and dissecting the file's content several times for no benefit at all.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

@guinness WORKS XD !

But now !

Look at this :

Local $Patch = @ScriptDir & "\userlists.tmp", $Patch2 = @UserProfileDir & "\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb", $Patch3 = @ScriptDir & "\BLOCKFILES", $Patch4 = @UserProfileDir & "\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFP4F\pb\"
$avUser = _FileListToArray($Patch4, 0)
$sFile = $Patch3
$hFile = FileOpen($sFile, 1)
_FileWriteFromArray($hFile, $avUser, 1)
FileClose($hFile)

It saves all names of files and directories to file Then

I want to :

$Users = FileOpen($Patch)
$Blokuj = FileOpen($Patch2)
$Czytaj2 = _FileReadToArray($Patch, $aRecords) ; READS USERNAMES TO ARRAY
$Czytaj3 = _FileReadToArray($Patch3, $bRecords) ; READS THIS FILENAMES TO ARRAY
Run("cmd.exe")
Sleep(500)
For $x = 1 to $aRecords[0]

Send("cacls " & $Patch4 & $FirstFileName & " /E /P " & $aRecords[$x] & ":R" ) ; HERE I want to place first filename to $FirstFilename, and next ;to last....
;Then I want to place only first user to $aRecords (SYSTEM) Then if all files will be blocked do the same but another user xd U know ?

Send("{ENTER}")
Next
FileClose($Users)
FileClose($Blokuj)
FileDelete($Patch)
FileDelete($Patch3)
ProcessClose("cmd.exe")
Return()
Edited by Keniger

Using _FileCountLines to tally reading with FileReadLine is an absolute abomination. That means reading and dissecting the file's content several times for no benefit at all.

You have right, i have write "In alternative you can use _FileReadToArray", but that's not the alternative, it's the main way.

Sorry for that.

I think jchd will agree with me in that there is zero use for _FileCountLines when reading a file to an array.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

I even think there's zero use of _FileCountLines, at least as it is implemented.

If the file is "small" enough to fit in available RAM, then a single regexp can count "lines" whatever termination they have individually, thanks to (*ANY) or (*ANYCRLF) or R features. Most mixes of LF / CR / CRLF will cause the current function to return a wrong value: it only behaves IFF either CR or LF is found consistently in the line terminations over the whole file. Cases where terminations vary are not uncommon: look at some text mails with mixed quotes from dark-corner-mailers, unices, smartphones and Windows and you get there. Bulk searching mails is a routine task.

If the file doesn't fit in memory, then the function hits a wall. IIRC this question of browsing huge text files for some reason arose a couple of years ago and got a satisfying answer somewhere in this forum (or in the examples). But as you can see I'm too lazy tonight to search for that.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Well, here is a solution I tested. The quickest route from A to B is a straight line so I am working with the opening posted code. I am going to assume that lol.txt is the target file to set acl on and it is not to be read.

;~ #RequireAdmin
;~ #include
;~ AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 1)
Local $Patch = @ScriptDir & "\userlists.tmp", $Patch2 = @DesktopDir & "\lol.txt"

If Not FileExists(@ScriptDir & "\userlists.tmp") Then
RunWait("cmd.exe /c " & "wmic USERACCOUNT get Name >" & @ScriptDir & "\userlists.tmp", @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE) ; Wypisuje surowe nazwy userów do pliku userlist.tmp na pulpicie
_reszta()
Else
_reszta()
EndIf

Func _reszta()
$Users = FileOpen($Patch); open a file handle for read
If $Users = -1 Then Return SetError(1); return error if failed to open for read
FileReadLine($Users); 1st line read
If @error Then; close handle and return if error occured
FileClose($Users)
Return SetError(2)
EndIf
While 1
$Czytaj2 = FileReadLine($Users); read the next line (the line count is internal when not used)
If @error Then ExitLoop; check if the read line errored and exit the loop if it did
$Czytaj2 = StringStripWS($Czytaj2, 3); trim whitespace from both ends
ConsoleWrite('"' & @ComSpec & '" /c cacls "' & $Patch2 & '" /E /P ' & $Czytaj2 & ':R' & @CRLF); show a line that cmd would run
WEnd
FileClose($Users); close the file handle
FileDelete($Patch); delete the file
EndFunc

Items commented can be uncommented. AutoIt3 supports Windows 2000 and up so @Comspec is CMD.exe unless you have modified the environmental variable or other. You can change the ConsoleWrite function to RunWait or even write to a cmd file and run that. Improvements could be made to the code though that is beyond answering the question of the topic.

My output of the code above is:

"C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe" /c cacls "D:\Junctions\Desktop\lol.txt" /E /P Administrator:R

"C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe" /c cacls "D:\Junctions\Desktop\lol.txt" /E /P Guest:R

"C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe" /c cacls "D:\Junctions\Desktop\lol.txt" /E /P Michael:R

FileCountLines is nice if you want to count lines but it has very little use in any scripts I have made. Let AutoIt do the counting internally as it is usually the most efficient way and check error when end of file is reached.

jchd,

The beta version of the function opens the file and then uses the following regular expression to count the number of lines.

StringRegExpReplace($sFileRead, "\v{1,2}|$", "")
    Return @extended

UDF List:

Ah OK I'm stuck to 3.9.4. But this version needs four times the filesize to work, assuming an ANSI text or UTF-8 with little codepoints beyond 0xFF.

Maybe this is enough to reduce RAM while processing the whole baby in one go:

Local $aLines = StringRegExp($sFile, "(?m)($)", 3)
Return(UBound($aLines))

We don't spare storing as many empty strings in the array as actual lines but I don't get a better idea right now. Would require adjustement depending whether a final termination should count or not (point debated with passion some time ago).

I updated the version not long ago so it's not in any of the betas I know of, maybe the old v3.3.9.5 alpha. Do you think your SRE is a better choice?

UDF List:

To be determined. I'm not going to test that today but I fail to see how to make it fail flat at least based on the principle.