Digital Vision 1.3

kjactive

I just finisned up a new application - Digital Vision, embedded activex DVD player

Digital Vision main goal is to recieve streamed online Dvd links like the populare online radio / television stations, but also to be an alround Dvd player with a real simple interface that has all the power and functions right at your fingertips control as shortcut hotkeys and there are really not much to show of as DV only got the player module, a dropdown menu and all the shortcut accelerators - AND A LOT OF SPEED AND POWER...

Digital Visison is build around the WinXP OS and use the MSWebDVD object that enables an application to control all aspects of DVD-Video navigation and playback, and to retrieve information from the disc. The MSWebDVD object does not perform the actual navigation work; rather, it passes the commands to the DVD Navigator filter, a Microsoft® DirectShow® component that reads DVD-Video discs and was inplimemtated with revision 8. Digital vision also use the MSDVDAdm "administration" object enable a scripting application to modify its default settings in the Microsoft® Windows® registry. The registry is a database on all Windows systems where applications can store information about themselves to be used on initialization or during run time Both has to be pressend in the window system drawer and activated - automatically done by WinXP install process but Win2K should be able to install these objects too - the application do a system check and notification if not available objects at startup.

The Medie format is currently only the .VOB ( DVD ) standard format BUT future deveopment will include other formats as well...

The main goal was to avoid all kind of borders and docking interfaces, just a player at your fingertips control...

Digital Vision is still in late beta stade but plays very well - installer / uninstaller is included as well as a topics, the application is processed with Au3Preprocess the 'CompileAu3 preprocessor' Source code is included...

Download from homepage:

http://www.sitecenter.dk/latenight/nss-folder/digitalvision

kjactive :whistle:

Edited by kjactive

Nop a brain new application - and how I like a DVD player to bee, plays as borderless window placed anywhere in screen - toggle to fullview by a simple shortcut key, well a lot of power and speed AND no docking windows all around :whistle: - just accelerator hotkeys...

By the way The Medie player was my first attamt to do some usefull programming in autoit3 gui while VOX is my stream online radio / television player that as an option also do .wmv and .Vob movies while 'Digital Vision' uses the latest navigation tools from MS and quiet well designed i must say ( hate to atmit that MS do something well but... )

kjactive :dance:

Edited by kjactive

Your license states

You are hereby licensed to: use this freeware software for a month,

????

But no info after.... cost???

8)

EDIT

and

the license says (during the install)

The package includes an Installation Programm...

??

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

Upss - That a failure, I just copied this text from another software to avoid any complains - non of my applications has any license requirements, all free to use...

I will remove this strait away - thanks for notifying me

Edited by kjactive

I have changed the installer script and software license text to free...

Note: The bookmark option is a little tricky and could crash application in some conditions if one changes dvd without using the eject menu - just uncheck this if a crash occure...

thinking maybe the "ultimate" would be to have the radio, TV and DVD all in one...

I don't think that this is posible to include that many options in one application without ending up with something inbetween realplayer and the MS Medieplayer :whistle: , I use VOX as online streamer to radio / television and that include a lot of options and docking windows to cope options like to be able to create libraries of stations, record the stream etc. - a dvd player is something I like to be compleatly different, effition, simple, fast, a lot of navigation options and no docking windows just the player in a borderless window...

download from site:

http://www.sitecenter.dk/latenight/nss-fol...ital_Vision.exe

kjactive :dance:

Edited by kjactive

• 2 weeks later...

another update, frankly a compleatly rewrite to revision 1.4 and a lot of new options attached like:

All crashes is removed...

User defined bookmarks...

directly Time step view...

subtitle change directly as hotkey option...

subaudio change directly as hotkey option...

move around titles and chapter by arrow hotkeys...

a special hotkey - if your boss wanders around!!!!!...

download from site:

Install / Uninstall script, Source code and a topics is included...

Use Directshow 8 or higher, MSWebDVD and MSDVDAdm objects, Downloadable from MSNS and included in WinXP update 1...

kjactive: :whistle:

Edited by kjactive

Well durring a lot of dvd testings I discovered some misbehave special on older dvds, changed that and did some bug fixes as well...

The DVD navigation system is a hard one to deal with as there is no standard to menus and navigation systems as dvd devices also comes with different options. Digital Vision is build around activex objects embedded into autoit3 and use Directshow rev. 8 or higher and the MSWebDVD / MSDVDAdm objects from mswebdvd.dll library implimentated with WinXP Home rev. 1 but should be useable with Win2K/NT if users install these libraries into the system and activate the objects in init base...

This MSWebDVD is offen called 'Poor mans dvdplayer' as it comes free of charges from microsoft but on the other hand has some drawbacks that was corrected in the later MSVidDVD object that unfortually do not come free of charges but is part of the MS Medie Center...

There is no way to get informations on static parts in the movie like 'copyright notifications' or what is the relations to menus right now - like 'did I go from a stop to a menu' or is this 'the first play menu' so I removed a few options like the resume from menus, offen seen in applications like this but in some conditions made a crash etc., My goal was to write a dvdplayer that was borderless 'just the movie', no docking navigation panels but all controlled by a context menu or from nice accelerator combinations and most tasks taken care of by the application...

Options available:

.Navigate in titles and chapters in any directions...

.Change subtitle languages and audio streams at runtime...

.Zoom in and out with moveable display...

.Time related User defined bookmark more than player defaults...

.Navigate to any time related spot with a slider control...

.Pause, mute, FF, Reverse play and a special hotkey - if your boss wanders around...

.Toggle between window ( free size and location ) to static fullscreen view...

All written in autoit3 ( beta ), Holgers nice object interfase, Install / uninstall script with 'ClickTeam's handy freware 'Install Creator' and the topics with good old Frontpage - ohhyear I forgot the nice autoit related editor SciTe...

I just made a late attachment: The mswebdvd.dll library is now included in the installer script ( freeware library ). It get copied to the system drawer and written into the init base with regsvr32, nothing happens if it's already there or a higher revision is available - a notification on failure, this should help in the install process to users that do not have the library in system...

Source code and topics included as well as an uninstall script, the library do not get removed in the uninstall process and all files are 'as always' AVG virus checked...

ClickTeam site:

http://www.clickteam.com

Download latest update from site:

Edited by kjactive

AutoIt Error

Line 0 (File "C:\Program Files\DVD\Digital_Vision.exe")

While $CursorInf(2)

While $CursorInf^ ERROR

Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable.

Edit:

I got an error running your script. It was fatal. I don't think it would have been a huge deal if the you had set the option to run scripts with an error being non-fatal.

Edited by Frozenyam

"... and the Lord said to John, "Come forth and ye shall receive eternal life," but instead John came fifth and won a toaster."

Also...

It doesn't seem to recognize my DVDs when I put them into my drive. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Maybe a codec you have that my system may not?

"... and the Lord said to John, "Come forth and ye shall receive eternal life," but instead John came fifth and won a toaster."

Well I updated Digital Vision ones more and attached some new options like to toggle subtitles on off and a lot of safety checking and in the same time I looked into the the 'reported' and found the spot

While $CursorInf(2)

While $CursorInf^ ERROR

This should now be corrected, I forgot a 'EndWith' - Sorry...

so i ask again...

you made this whole thing in autoit

I don't get this, all code is written in Autoit, mainly useing Holgers activex ocx functions where I embedded two objects MSWebDVD and MSWebAdm from the MSWebDvd library autoinstalled by the installer script as it comes free of charges ( the source code is included and should function - latest revision )

It doesn't seem to recognize my DVDs when I put them into my drive. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Maybe a codec you have that my system may not?

About codec - MSWebDVD and Directshow uses MPeg-2 codec but if you got another DVD device player installed this should be okay as this is not the latest and also the same as the medieplayer uses...

scripts with an error being non-fatal

This is a difficult task both to autoit as to when one has to control errors created directly in an activeX object and outside autoit - this is a kind of hybrid coding with tree different parts that could get into trouble, also inbetween...

At first startup the application search for all cd devices ( autoit can't tell the different between cd and dvd devices ) and take the first in list ( could be an cd device ) - this is set in the preferences window where all devices should be listed in a combo control - you could look it up in the script at line 53/54, line 224 is where the $dvdpath get changed and the start object to play is in the PlayDvd function starts at line 733...

Also note that older preferences do not get overwritten in the install process / only removed by the uninstall script...

Solutions: open application, set autoplay on, open preferences and select the device that holds your DVD ( I actually never tested the appliaction on computers with more than one DVD device so I can't tell if it's working )

Note: this is a real update and highly recomended if one wants to play around with this nice little tool - It's real fast, no docking panels or borders just the player and a lot of power...

Download from site:

Edited by kjactive

Just another update - I changed the time step user defined bookmark option as this option can now make these second bookmarks in any title / chapter no matter and hold one for every movie that has been played in a library for a later use...

Normal player default bookmark has not been changed and keep track on all other things too...

download at site:

Edited by kjactive

side note... just happened to notice

Your visit meter =  7718

Mine = 7683

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just Curious. Where do I find my visit meter?.

P.S. I'm Back. ;)

Edited by SolidSnake
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.