Delete Flash cookies

Hi everyobdy

I am trying a quite simple thing: delete the flash cookies on my machine with AutoIt. But somehow i don't get it, the script is never able to delete anything.

What I tried is:

Delete the whole folder and recreate it:

$userdir=@UserProfileDir ; C:\Users\USERNAME
if StringTrimRight($userdir,1) <> "\" then $userdir &= "\" ; Add Backslash at the end
if DirRemove($userdir & "AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects") = 0 then MsgBox(0, "debug", "could not delete shared objects") ; Delete folder with Flash Cookies
if DirCreate($userdir & "AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects") = 0 then MsgBox(0, "debug", "could not create shared objects") ; Recreate folder
if DirRemove($userdir & "AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys") = 0 then MsgBox(0, "debug", "could not delete sys") ; Delete folder with Flash Cookies
if DirCreate($userdir & "AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys") = 0 then MsgBox(0, "debug", "could not create sys") ; Recreate folder

DirRemove() returns always '0'

Delete folder content with FileDelete() by only giving it the path to the folder (manual says, that it will delete all files in the folder then). But returns only '0'.

Delete folder content with FileFindFirstFile() and FileFindNextFile() and FileDelete(). Result same as above.

Does anyone see the mistake? Does the script simply not have the rights to delete these files?

Thanks in advance!

If you run Firefox you could use the Addon "Better Privacy" to remove all those flash cookies.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

If you run Firefox you could use the Addon "Better Privacy" to remove all those flash cookies.

Hey water

thanks for your response.

The problem is not, that I'd like to remove those cookies generally. Then I could delete them manually, with CCleaner or the AddOn you suggested.

The problem is, that I'd like to have them removed at a certain point in my AutoIt script (that was only a snippet of the whole script I posted)

Do you want to delete them while the browser is running?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Do you want to delete them while the browser is running?

It would be cool, if there is a way without using the browser, but it doesn't really matter, because I have Firefox running and am working with FF.au3 anyway...

Well spotted.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• 3 weeks later...

maybe if you changed StringTrimRight to StringRight ...

Thanks, that definitely makes more sense (I copy/pasted that snipet from somewhere else without thinking too much about it...)

Now the code looks like that:

$userdir=@UserProfileDir ; C:\Users\"Username"
if StringRight($userdir,1) <> "\" then $userdir &= "\" ; Add Backslash at the end
if DirRemove($userdir & "AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects") = 0 then MsgBox(0, "debug", "could not delete shared objects") ; Delete folder with Flash Cookies
if DirCreate($userdir & "AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects") = 0 then MsgBox(0, "debug", "could not create shared objects") ; Recreate folder
if DirRemove($userdir & "AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys") = 0 then MsgBox(0, "debug", "could not delete sys") ; Delete folder with Flash Cookies
if DirCreate($userdir & "AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys") = 0 then MsgBox(0, "debug", "could not create sys") ; Recreate folder

But I keep getting the "could not delete shared objects" and "could not delete sys" MsgBoxes...

Maybe the script has no rights to delete these folders? Or maybe they are in use and can't be modified..? This would mean, that the deletion is impossible... :

Thanks for your help...

Edited by samo12