Trying to DL a file... gets redirected

Trying to download a file from here:

http://omahadailyrecord.com/index.cfm?show=82&mid=188&viewDoc=3734

If you go to the link, you'll see you're redirected to a login. I have the login credentials already, so I've tried passing it to inetget via

http:\\username:password@omahadailyrecord.com/index.cfm?show=82&mid=188&viewDoc=3734

But it doesn't work.

What happens is the page it attempts to download is the login page instead of the pdf in question.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Mechaflash
Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

Leave out the second http:// in the URL?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

just a typo in this post but not in my code =D

my code iterates over a few different viewDoc=#s

Edited by Mechaflash
Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

You are correct. I had to perform a more direct approach with opening each download link in a new ie tab and manipulating the Save As window to download it.

Spoiler

You are correct. I had to perform a more direct approach with opening each download link in a new ie tab and manipulating the Save As window to download it.

Well, I would retrieve the cookie and use it with HTTP requests through TCP functions.

Spoiler

retrieve the cookie and use it with HTTP requests through TCP functions.

Spoiler

:guitar:

Retrieve the cookie :

;login to the webpage or directly attach to it when logged.
$sCookie = $oIE.document.cookie

HTTP request :

TCPStartup()

Local $sGet = "", $sHost = "", $iSocket = 0, $sReferer = "", $bRecvtmp = Binary(""), $bRecv = $bRecvtmp, $sRecv = "", _
        $blHeaderStripped = False, $iEOH = 0, $hFile = 0

$sGet = "/index.cfm?show=82&mid=188&viewDoc=3734"

$sHost = TCPNameToIP("omahadailyrecord.com")

$iSocket = TCPConnect($sHost, 80)

$sReferer = "http://omahadailyrecord.com/"

TCPSend($iSocket, _
        "GET " & $sGet & " HTTP/1.1" & @CRLF & _
        "User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0)" & @CRLF & _
        "Host: " & $sHost & @CRLF & _
        "Accept: */*" & @CRLF & _
        "Referer: " & $sReferer & @CRLF & _
        "Connection: close" & @CRLF & _
        "Cookie: " & $sCookie & @CrLf & _
        @CRLF)

While 1
    $bRecvtmp = TCPRecv($iSocket, 2048, 1)
    If @error Then ExitLoop

If BinaryLen($bRecvtmp) Then
        If $blHeaderStripped Then
            $bRecv &= $bRecvtmp
        Else
            $sRecv = BinaryToString($bRecvtmp)

$iEOH = StringInStr($sRecv, @CRLF & @CRLF, 2)
            If $iEOH > 0 Then
                $bRecv = BinaryMid($bRecvtmp, $iEOH + 4)

$blHeaderStripped = True
            EndIf
        EndIf
    EndIf
WEnd

TCPCloseSocket($iSocket)

TCPShutdown()

$hFile = FileOpen("test.pdf", 18)
FileWrite($hFile, $bRecv)
FileClose($hFile)

Not tested as I'm not registered on that website.

Edit: Note that you can save the cookie in a file/var and use it until this one is not valid.

Br, FireFox.

Edited by FireFox

i don't know what other words to express the way I feel about you right now... but..

I love you <3

Spoiler

one more question for u sir...

how would I go about verifying the downloaded file? making sure that the file that was downloaded was downloaded fully? (checking file size or something?)

Edited by Mechaflash
Spoiler

checking file size or something?

Sure :), here you go : (Not tested.)

TCPStartup()

Local $sGet = "", $sHost = "", $iSocket = 0, $sReferer = "", $bRecvtmp = Binary(""), $bRecv = $bRecvtmp, $sRecv = "", _
        $blHeaderStripped = False, $iEOH = 0, $hFile = 0, $iContLenPos = 0, $iContLenPosEnd = 0, $iFileSize = 0

TCPSend($iSocket, _
        @CRLF)

While 1
    If @error Then ExitLoop

$bRecv &= $bRecvtmp
        Else

If $iEOH > 0 Then

$blHeaderStripped = True

$iContLenPos = StringInStr($sRecv, "Content-Length:", 2)
                If $iContLenPos = 0 Then
                    $iContLenPosEnd = $iContLenPos + StringLen("Content-Length:")

$iFileSize = Number(StringMid($sRecv, $iContLenPosEnd, StringInStr($sRecv, @CR, 2, 1, $iContLenPosEnd) - $iContLenPosEnd))
                EndIf
            EndIf
        EndIf
    EndIf
WEnd

TCPCloseSocket($iSocket)

TCPShutdown()

If BinaryLen($bRecv) = $iFileSize Then
    FileClose($hFile)
Else
    ConsoleWrite("corrupted download !" & @CrLf)
EndIf

Br, FireFox.

(Haven't test yet) looking at the added code... is

StringLen("Content-Length:")

necessary? Why would I specify a string instead of just inserting the number 15 for the value?

EDIT:

And $iFileSize returns 0 even though the file downloads successfully. I'm looking into why that's happening now.

Edited by Mechaflash
Spoiler

necessary? Why would I specify a string instead of just inserting the number 15 for the value?

No, but I don't like "magic numbers" anymore. I prefer my code to be as clear as possible.

And $iFileSize returns 0 even though the file downloads successfully. I'm looking into why that's happening now.

Check the sRecv var to see if it contains the Content-Length header param.

Br, FireFox.

Instead of doing all that, I waited for the loop to end and just checked the filesize of the completed file FileGetSize() against BinaryLen($bRecv), and they do match if the file was downloaded properly.

Spoiler

TCPStartup()

$blHeaderStripped = False, $iEOH = 0, $hFile = 0, $iContLenPos = 0, $iContLenPosEnd = 0, $iFileSize = 0

TCPSend($iSocket, _
        @CRLF)

While 1
    If @error Then ExitLoop

$bRecv &= $bRecvtmp
        Else

If $iEOH > 0 Then

$blHeaderStripped = True
            EndIf
        EndIf
    EndIf
WEnd

TCPCloseSocket($iSocket)

TCPShutdown()

FileClose($hFile)

if BinaryLen($bRecv) <> FileGetSize("test.pdf") then
    ConsoleWrite("corrupted download !" & @CrLf)
EndIf

Spoiler

@Mechaflash

Huh, the binary length of the bRecv var is written in your file, so the binary length of your file will be the same.

So, it's useless.

The only way to know if you received everything is to know the length of the data to receive or to retrieve the Content-Length header value if available. (it's always the case for a binary download, not for e.g a webpage).

Br, FireFox.

Edited by FireFox

Ok then... so in your code,

$iContLenPos = StringInStr($sRecv, "Content-Length:", 2) ; return 0

If $iContLenPos = 0 Then
  $iContLenPosEnd = $iContLenPos + StringLen("Content-Length:") ; returns 15
  $iFileSize = Number(StringMid($sRecv, $iContLenPosEnd, StringInStr($sRecv, @CR, 2, 1, $iContLenPosEnd) - $iContLenPosEnd)) ; returns 0
EndIf

If I remove the if statement, and let it write to the file, the file is received and is perfectly readable. So not sure where this code is supposed to be going.

Spoiler