Sign in to follow this  
ledigeine

how to know when tray items are selected?

Sorry for such a general question, I asked a more in depth one a week ago and was unable to get the answer I needed.

I have a tray item and one of them is nested 2 deep, and its set to display that its selected and all that.

I have two questions about this:

1. How once the tray item is selected with the dot next to it, how do i know its selected? Where would I look in the script?

2. Is there a way to make the tray not close after selecting the tray item?

Thanks guys!

Actually I was looking at the tray commands related to traycreateitem. Now looking at Tray Management in the help file shows a bunch more for me to read up on.

I think i got it now, thank you guys.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MONaH-Rasta
      Opt('TrayAutoPause', 0) $iTray1 = TrayCreateItem('Tray 1') TrayItemSetState(-1, 1) TrayCreateItem('') $iTrayMenu1 = TrayCreateMenu('Tray Menu 1') $iTray2 = TrayCreateItem('Tray 2', $iTrayMenu1, -1, 1) TrayItemSetState(-1, 1) $iTray3 = TrayCreateItem('Tray 3', $iTrayMenu1, -1, 1) $iTray4 = TrayCreateItem('Tray 4', $iTrayMenu1, -1, 1) TrayCreateItem('') $iTrayMenu2= TrayCreateMenu('Tray Menu 2') $iTray5 = TrayCreateItem('Tray 5', $iTrayMenu2, -1, 1) TrayItemSetState(-1, 1) $iTray6 = TrayCreateItem('Tray 6', $iTrayMenu2, -1, 1) $iTray7 = TrayCreateItem('Tray 7', $iTrayMenu2, -1, 1) TrayCreateItem('') $iTray8 = TrayCreateItem('Tray 8') $iTray9 = TrayCreateItem('Tray 9') $iTray10 = TrayCreateItem('Tray 10') TrayItemSetState(-1, 1) While True Sleep(1000*5) WEnd When I click on Tray 3 / Tray 4 / Tray 6 / Tray 7 nothing happens. Only Tray 2 and Tray 5 stay checked.
      I have tried setting 
      Opt("TrayMenuMode", 8) In this case radio menuitems act like normal menuitems only looks different.
      I'm using AutoIt v3.3.14.5.
      Tested on Windows 10 LTSC 2019 (1809) x64 version: 10.0.17763 build 17763.475 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
      Tried run script x64 and x86 same result.
      Is this kind a bug or something?
    • By argumentum
      So I'm coding in win 10, ..every thing looks nice but then I think, what about XP, ...ugly, but I make it pretty again, no problem. Lets check in Win 7 and here is my conundrum.
      Win 10, DRM is on, XP is off ( well, non-existant ), so far so good. I decide to make it the "switch" to enable or disable the checkbox in the context menu.
      Win 7 ... I try to apply the same logic and:
      DRM on:

DRM off:

now, "Windows 7 Basic": DRM is off

Question: how should I determine if to hide the check-mark or not?, Is there a way to know that this theme is ? or better yet, how can I know that the theme is classic ?
      Thanks
      PS: I know that the code is not here but I think that my trend of thought would make it irrelevant anyway.

• By ur
      I need to read the status of OneDrive icon running in the taskbar and update the status in a log file.
      2nd part I can complete
      But the first part, how to read the status of tray menu icon.

I need the text above from the tray icon.
      I looked into , but not that helpful.

• By WoodGrain
      Hi All,
      I'm using UseTraySetIcon("shell32.dll", xx) to set my tray icon to a specific icon while running, is there a way I can specify this icon when I compile my script into an exe so my exe icon is the same?
      Thanks!
    • By 9252Survive
      Hello Guys, 
      Is there a way to have Auto it Exe messages/line number when you hover over the tray icon just at it shows when you run Au3.?
      For an example, if I the script has paused due to WinWait or Sleep I could hover over the icon and it shows the line where it's at. Is there a way to achieve the same with the compiled exe? 
      Many thanks for the help!