Sign in to follow this  
Akshay07

MsgBox on Win7 - button not centered

Hi all,

When I use MsgBox on Windows 7, the OK button is not centered,

Is this a known issue and is there a workaround ?

Thanks

MsgBox (0,"","OK button not centered")

post-54217-0-95468700-1363286072_thumb.j

You can check out Melba's Extended Messagebox. Not sure about the button, but I know it lets you modify a lot. Otherwise, you would have to create a GUI yourself to center the button.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=109096

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Thank you for the link JLogan3013, I will have a look.

But I am still wondering, is this a known bug or am I the only one having this problem ?

It's a Windows issue in case you're wondering, nothing to do with AutoIt. Running a VBScript msgbox produces the same look to the MsgBox.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Akshay07,

My UDF does give you an option to centre a single button - look at the $iJust parameter for _ExtMsgBoxSet. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By lonardd
      Hi,
      I have a very strange problem concerning MouseClick function.
      I need to start Control Panel, navigate it on the Display Section (Adjust screen resolution link), click on it, and from the next Dialog choose Intel Graphic tool tab and navigate into it when it opens. 
      I wasn't using MouseClick() at first when I tried to use Control IDs, but I was fed up with the Autoit Window Info poor and inaccurate info (It flickers and the moment I click on the control the control ID and class disappear) so I ended up choosing the easiest way.
      The code I'm posting worked OK until two weeks ago, the mouse clicks were accurately performed and the Script reached the end with no errors...and I was happy.
      All of a sudden, between one try and the other, I noticed the cursor not flying exactly where it was supposed to, namely to the Control Panel ->Display->Adjust screen resolution link   but it clicked some 30 pixels below and some 30 pixels to the left, choosing obviously and undesired function and from that point it screwed the whole thing up. And from that moment onward, it seems I can no longer regain the mouse to click on that sequence.
      Could it be because my Control Panel ->Display form moved slightly from one test to another and therefore I got that small offside?
      If you believe this is the reason, I should then re position the Control Panel ->Display window to 0,0 and recalculate all the clicks. 
      do you have a suggestion?

Thanks a lot
      Dave

RotateDisplays.au3
    • By lonardd
      I need to open an INTEL Graphic Tool clicking on a Win7 Tray Icon. This icon is not shown on the Win7 Tray but it is shown once you click on a button that shows a little  arrow-up. This button opens up an extension of the tray and there is my INTEL Graphic Tool Icon. 
      The first ControlClick('[Class:Shell_TrayWnd]', '', 1502 ) at line 26 of my source code (Rotatedisplays.au3) works fine as it clicks on the up-arrow shown on the uparrowfirst Menu.jpg  picture and opens up an extension of the tray. Then I'm trying to click on the INTEL Graphic Tool Icon which is the first blue icon (up-left) of the tray extension but I failed all my attempts. Can somebody help me out?
      Thanks 
      Dave

RotateDisplays.au3
    • By lee321987
      Sometimes when I call several MsgBox's they start popping up under other windows, which the requires ALT + TAB or click the taskbar icon.
      I just wanted to share this workaround:
      Just add a simple GUI in your program:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 1, 1, 0, 0) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) The GUI window size here is 1x1 so it will be nearly invisible, and at the top-left of your screen.
      It seems as long as that GUI is there all MsgBox's appear on top!
      I only tend to create several MsgBox's in a row when I'm actually writing and testing scripts, so the GUI being there is no big deal (I just remove/comment the GUI creation right before I build the .EXE).
      Have a great day!!!

• By GillesMaisonneuve
      Good morning,

I am trying to align a two-line text in a button so that it would be centered in the button but can't succeed to do it for the vertical part.
      Can someone tell me what I do wrong ?
      Here is my code:
      $btn3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Execute " & @LF & " file 1", 100, 65, 60, 50, _ BitOr($BS_CENTER,$BS_BOTTOM,$BS_MULTILINE)) and here is the resulting layout I get in my window.
      I tried to follow the help, made a lot of different parameter combinations (here it's `$BS_BOTTOM`, but I tried `$BS_VCENTER` and `$BS_TOP`), still get the same result : vertical alignement is a no go for me.
      Can someone help ?
      TIA
      Gilles

• By Pike
      Hey Everyone, I haven't been here in a while and recently picked up my old project. Still an FNG!
      To the point: I want to be able to push the button and either play an mp3, open a file, or open an exe program (all with the same button). The problem is that I don't know how to code for that at "case 1"
              Case 1                                                                                                                                             
                  Local $sRead = IniRead("config.ini", "Config", "One", "Default")                                
                  SoundPlay($sRead, @HotKeyPressed)                                                                     <-------------------------------
                  Run($sRead, @HotKeyPressed)                                                                                 <------------------------------- This 'Run' doesn't work even by itself!
      See code below for layout. If you need more information I will attach more code or answer any questions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Much Respect,
      Pike

Func _HandleButton() $iClickCount += 1 $iTimer = TimerInit() AdlibRegister("CheckButtonPress", $CheckTime) EndFunc Func CheckButtonPress() If TimerDiff($iTimer) < $CheckTime Or $iTimer = 0 Then Return Switch $iClickCount Case 1 Local $sRead = IniRead("config.ini", "Config", "One", "Default") SoundPlay($sRead, @HotKeyPressed) Run($sRead, @HotKeyPressed) Case 2 MsgBox(0, "INFORMATION:", "Choose the file you want designated to this button") Local $sFileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog(0, @ScriptDir & "\", "All (*.*)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST + $FD_MULTISELECT) If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No file(s) were selected.") EndIf Local $sFileName = InputBox("INFORMATION:", "Please Name Your File?" & @CRLF _ & @CRLF _ & "6 Characters or Less", "") IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\config.ini", "Config", "One", $sFileOpenDialog) IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\config.ini", "Config", "NameOne", $sFileName) EndSwitch $iClickCount = 0 AdlibUnRegister() EndFunc