Populete listview from ini file

Yes there is.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

It depends on what you want the listview to look like with the data you have. 1 column, 2 columns, 3 columns? User name in one column and computer name in another, and/or with the OS version in a third for instance. Give me something to work with rather than ask if it's possible with no clue what you're looking to do with the data.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

copyrigth,

This should get you started...

; *** Start added by AutoIt3Wrapper ***
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
; *** End added by AutoIt3Wrapper ***

#include <array.au3>

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=n

local $iniFile = @scriptdir & '\computers.ini'
local $aSections = IniReadSectionNames($iniFile)

if not isarray($aSections) then
    msgbox($mb_ok,'INI READ Section Names ERROR','File = ' & $iniFile)
    Exit
endif

local $gui010   =   guicreate('INI to ListView control Example')
local $aGuiSize =   wingetclientsize($gui010)
local $lv010    =   guictrlcreatelistview('Computer|Student|OpSys',20,20,$aGuiSize[0]-40,$aGuiSize[1]-40)
                    guisetstate()

; populate listview

local $aSection, $sLVItem

for $1 = 1 to $aSections[0]
    $aSection = inireadsection($iniFile,$aSections[$1])
    if @error = 1 then
        msgbox($mb_ok,'INI READ Section ERROR','File = ' & $iniFile)
        Exit
    endif

for $2 = 1 to $aSection[0][0]
            $sLVItem &= $aSection[$2][1] & '|'
    next

if guictrlcreatelistviewitem($aSections[$1] & '|' & $sLVItem,$lv010) = 0 then
        msgbox($mb_ok,'ListView Item Create ERROR','Item = ' & $aSections[$1] & '|' & $sLVItem)
        Exit
    endif

$sLVItem = ''

next

while 1
    switch guigetmsg()
        case $gui_event_close
            Exit
    EndSwitch
wend

kylomas

edit: the ini file looks like this

[copmuter1]
user=student001
OS=win7
[copmuter2]
user=Admin
OS=winxp
[copmuter3]
user=student009
OS=win7
[copmuter4]
user=dumb ass student
OS=win7
[copmuter5]
user=M23
OS=win7
Edited by kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill