ShellExecute vs. Run

cdub

I was trying to run a script that runs another autoit script in the middle of it and learned that I need to use ShellExecuteWait(".\AutoIt.au3",".\childscript.au3") instead of RunWait with the same parameters.

I tried searching the forum for the difference between ShellExecute and Run and found this thread:

However, it doesn't explain why RunWait doesn't work for running child scripts and the help file doesn't really explain the differences either. So what's the difference?

Thanks.

Answered tons of times :P, from a weaponx post:

ShellExecute is for launching files with their associated program.

Run executes programs only and will return a process ID of the process, this is very important.

RunWait pauses script execution until the external program is complete and then returns the exit code of the program.

There is a _ProcessGet UDF somewhere that can get the exitcodes from a Run() process ID.

Hi!

My UDF: NetInfo UDF Play with your network, check your download/upload speed and much more! YTAPI Easy to use YouTube API, now you can easy retrive all needed info from a video. NavInfo Check if a specific browser is installed and retrive other usefull information. YWeather Easy to use Yahoo Weather API, now you can easily retrive details about the weather in a specific region. No-IP UDF Easily update your no-ip hostname(s).

My Script: Wallpaper Changer Change you wallpaper dinamically, you can also download your wallpaper from your website and share it with all!   My Snippet: _ImageSaveToBMPConvert an image to bmp format. _SciteGOTO Open a file in SciTE at specific fileline. _FileToHex Show the hex code of a specified file