Help a newbie? - Same title on all prog windows

imm0

Hello scripters

I kinda need your help if possible.

I want an auto instalation of a program.

So far i managed to move the cursor and click next in the first page , but the next windows has the same title

Maybe the third page would have the same title and it seems that the WinWaitActive dont work when i use the same title :(

I read a bit in help files that i could use &handle?

Maybe i bit syntax help

Sorry for noob Questions

Thanks for the replies

There is a second Parameter "Text" for this case.

I tried the text thing but it seems that the text cant be read by the script or something(i cant either copy that text it to my clipboard)

First you should check if the program supports command line parameters, usually they do, and you can install it silently without interaction.

What is the name of the program?

It might not support s.i i dont really know

It installs some ads in the process

As JohnOne has posted above: Please tell us the name of the program you try to install.

We then can check if it supports command line parameters for installation. If not we can guide you how to automate the installation GUI.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Post some code.

>>>> Window <<<<

Title: Media Crawler Installer

Class: THtmlUIForm

Position: 530, 295

Size: 620, 400

Style: 0x96000000

ExStyle: 0x00090008

Handle: 0x00110414

>>>> Control <<<<

Class: Internet Explorer_Server

Instance: 1

ClassnameNN: Internet Explorer_Server1

Name:

Advanced (Class): [CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]

ID:

Text:

Position: 0, 0

Size: 620, 400

ControlClick Coords: 266, 62

Style: 0x56000000

ExStyle: 0x00000000

Handle: 0x00130412

>>>> Mouse <<<<

Position: 796, 357

Cursor ID: 0

Color: 0x163A55

As JohnOne has posted above: Please tell us the name of the program you try to install.

We then can check if it supports command line parameters for installation. If not we can guide you how to automate the installation GUI.

i cant post the exe is kinda adware Edited by imm0

According to SourceForge:

"The “Media Crawler” is an extensible Eclipse RCP based desktop application which will crawl a given file system, extract metadata from files, map metadata to internal schemas and store the metadata in a databse. This project is ANDS-funded."

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki