Sign in to follow this  
Kovacic

Network printer backup and restore

This is a very simple application to backup a list of your local and network printers to a shared resource.

when you restore the printers, the app will just install the printers that were networked. Feel free to improve upon and use.

Let me know what you think :)

I have many more applications and I may post more later.

#include <File.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Global $Backpath = "\\Myawesomeserver\useraccounts"
Global $fp = ($Backpath & @UserName)
#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=
$Form1 = GUICreate("Printer Tools", 334, 75, 192, 124)
$save = GUICtrlCreateButton("Save Printers", 8, 8, 155, 57)
$load = GUICtrlCreateButton("Load Printers", 168, 8, 155, 57)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###
While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit
Case $save
ExportPrinters()
Case $load
ImportPrinters()
EndSwitch
WEnd
Func ImportPrinters()
$File = $fp & "\NetworkPrinters.txt"
FileOpen($File, 0)
For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($File)
$line = FileReadLine($File, $i)
RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & "rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n " & $line, "", @SW_HIDE)
Next
FileClose($File)
Msgbox(0, "", "Network Printer Import Complete")
endfunc ;==>ImportPrinters
Func ExportPrinters()
$wbemFlagReturnImmediately = 0x10
$wbemFlagForwardOnly = 0x20
$colItems = ""
$Output = ""
$nOutput = ""
$objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & @computername & "\root\CIMV2")
$colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_Printer", "WQL", _
$wbemFlagReturnImmediately + $wbemFlagForwardOnly)
If IsObj($colItems) then
For $objItem In $colItems
If Stringinstr($objItem.DeviceID, "\\") then
$nOutput = $nOutput & $objItem.DeviceID & @CRLF
else
$Output = $Output & $objItem.DeviceID & @CRLF
endif
Next
FileWrite($fp & "\NetworkPrinters.txt", $nOutput)
FileWrite($fp & "\LocalPrinters.txt", $Output)
Else
FileWrite($fp & "\Printers.txt", "No printers Found")
Endif
Msgbox(0, "", "Printer Export Complete")
EndFunc ;==>ExportPrinters

C0d3 is P0etry( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Not too shabby. Are you familiar with the PrintBRM tool?

It allows you to backup locally installed printers (drivers, queues and ports) to a archive like file for restoration.

Only included with Vista+ so it may not be the right solution for you, but it is a simple/effective tool that could be integrated into your script.

That would be awesome! I was planning on making something like that to be part of a larger profile backup script. The difficult part is, we are backing up WinXP machines and moving to Windows 7.. So the drivers would be different. Unless I can install the same drivers under WinXP mode... That would be interesting to test.

C0d3 is P0etry( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Exit
      Have you ever shut down the computer while still performing a backup? 
      If not, then ignore this post.

Otherwise, this program may be helpful.
      It is registered in the startup folder after a query and then runs with every system start and ends only with system shutdown.
      Whenever a backup activity begins or ends, a message is generated.
      This prevents the computer from being accidentally turned off while a backup is still active.
      ; BackupDetector.exe Backup attention popup. ;============================================================================================================== ; Programm Name: BackupDetector.exe ; Description: Monitoring backup activities. ; Whenever a backup activity starts or ends, a message is generated. ; This eliminates the possibility of accidentally turning off the computer while a backup is still active. ; Syntax: BackupDetector.exe (no Parameters) ; Return Value(s): None. It's a never ending programm. ; Author: Exit ( http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/user/45639-exit ) ; SourceCode: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=199161 Version: 2019.06.21 ; COPYLEFT: © 2019 Freeware by "Exit" ; ALL WRONGS RESERVED ;============================================================================================================== #pragma compile(AutoItExecuteAllowed, True) #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_SaveSource=y #NoTrayIcon If Not @Compiled Then Opt("TrayIconHide", 0) Opt("ExpandVarStrings", 1) #include <_SingleScript.au3> ; http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=178681 _SingleScript() ; Close all running scripts with the same name $l = (StringRight(@OSLang, 2) = "07") ? 0 : 1 ; German=0 other=1 $sScriptShortcut = @AppDataDir & "\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\" & StringTrimRight(@ScriptName, 3) & "lnk" If @Compiled Then If Not FileExists($sScriptShortcut) Then $rc = MsgBox(4 + 32 + 256 + 262144, Default, $l ? _ "Should the program run at every system start?" : _ "Soll das Programm bei jedem Systemstart ausgeführt werden?") If $rc = 6 Then $rc = FileCreateShortcut(@ScriptFullPath, $sScriptShortcut) MsgBox(64 + 262144, Default, ($rc ? "" : ("--> " & ($l ? "NO" : "KEINE") & " <-- ")) & _ ($l ? "Shortcut created in the startup folder." : "Verknüpfung im Startordner erstellt.")) EndIf EndIf EndIf $bMessagebox = False $hPid = 0 While Sleep(5000) If ProcessExists("vssvc.exe") Then ; is Volume Shadow Copy running? If $bMessagebox = False Then If $hPid Then ProcessClose($hPid) $sText = $l ? "The backup is now running. @HOUR@:@MIN@:@SEC@@LF@" & _ "Please do not turn off the computer." & @LF & _ "When the backup is finished, a new message appears." : _ "Die Sicherung läuft jetzt. @HOUR@:@MIN@:@SEC@@LF@" & _ "Den Computer bitte nicht ausschalten." & @LF & _ "Wenn die Sicherung beendet ist, erscheint eine neue Meldung." $sCommand = '$rc = MsgBox(64+262144,@ScriptName & " on " & @Computername,"' & $sText & '") + Sleep(2147483647)' ; Retain PID due to sleep $sCommand = '"' & StringReplace($sCommand, '"', '""') & '"' $hPid = ShellExecute(@AutoItExe, ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine ' & $sCommand) $bMessagebox = True EndIf Else If $bMessagebox = True Then If $hPid Then ProcessClose($hPid) $sText = $l ? "The backup is done. @HOUR@:@MIN@:@SEC@@LF@" & _ "The computer can (but does not have to) be turned off." & @LF & _ "Thank you for your patience, now you can press 'OK'." : _ "Die Sicherung ist fertig. @HOUR@:@MIN@:@SEC@@LF@" & _ "Der Computer kann (aber muss nicht) ausgeschaltet werden." & @LF & _ "Vielen Dank für ihre Geduld. Nun können Sie 'OK' drücken." $sCommand = '$rc = MsgBox(64+262144,@ScriptName & " on " & @Computername,"' & $sText & '") + Sleep(2147483647)' ; Retain PID due to sleep $sCommand = '"' & StringReplace($sCommand, '"', '""') & '"' $hPid = ShellExecute(@AutoItExe, ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine ' & $sCommand) $bMessagebox = False EndIf EndIf WEnd ; End of BackupDetector script  
    • By rudi
      Hello,
      the following script is running quite nicely for a friend of mine doing a year of work and travel to have a backup at home for all the pics and movies taken with her mobile phone,

The facts:

At home: a VMWARE virtual machine with dropbox installed for her DB account
      On-the-Road: One mobile phone, Camera Uploads are activated for her dropbox account, one Laptop.

The idea is to have a copy of *ALL* pictures and movies taken with the mobile phone *OUTSIDE* the dropbox folder, so that the DB Max Size is never exceeded.
      The script is running at home and doing this:
      Copy all content from the "Camera Upload Folder" within the dropbox folder to some folder *OUTSIDE* the DB folder Move all content from the "Camera Upload Folder" do some other folder *INSIDE* the DB folder to indicate, that the backup copies at home were done successfully  
      Dropbox is also installed on the Laptop she has with her. So on the Laptop she checks from time to time the destination folder inside the dropbox folder and moves the pics / movies on the laptop to some other folder outside the dropbox as well. By that final step the images are moved out of the dropbox on the mobile phone as well, so that there is always space left to sync more pics / movies.

As moving pics / movies out of the dropbox folder on the laptop doesn't touch the copies in the mobile phone's "Gallery", she has all the pics / movies at all three locations:
      Mobile Phone Laptop VM at home  
      The folder names propably are different for non-German localized Windows and Dropbox, just modify them to meet your localization.
      DBox-Sync.au3
    • By Raywando
      Hello,
      This is my first post. So I’ve worked on a script for a while and I’m planning to publish it but the problem is that it connects to an FTP server at some point, and as you probably know FTP credentials are easily captured by a MITM attack or Wireshark (not sure if Wireshark does). So I thought if i can detect data capturing in the user’s network the script would stop. Any idea?.
      If there’s another workaround I’m happy to hear it. 
    • By careca
      This is a folder backup tool, after i got tired of using tools made by others, that had either lack of functionality,
      or were overly complex, i decided to make my own, and this is it.
      MirrorDir mirrors dirs as the name says, simply select source and destination hit scan, review in the list if that's what you want it to do and press start copy.
      As this is a mirror sync tool, this means files that exist in destination but dont exist in source are marked for deletion.
      Other tools have other modes like the incrementing copy which does not delete anything, but i made this for me,
      only if there is a request i may think about adding features just for fun.
      Whats more? There's a save/load of profile and the profile is what contains the list of source and destination folders, these are kept in prefs.ini in folder MDir in local appdata.
      There are context menu's that allow for the removal of items from the profile list, either just for the list (in case you dont want to sync a specific folder, just this time)
      or delete from the list and the .ini .
      Best regards.

• By AndyS19
      I am trying to print using a small font, but no mater how I try it, the printed font remains unchanged.
      I have created a sample script that sets the font to 8.
      Here are the functions I use to create, then set the font:
      Func _Printer_SetFont($hDC) Local $hFont If ($a__Printer_Font == 0) Then _Printer_MakeFont() EndIf $hFont = $a__Printer_Font _LogMsg("+++: $hDC & " & $hDC & ", $hFont = " & $hFont) _WinAPI_SetFont($hDC, $hFont) ; <===================== EndFunc ;==>_Printer_SetFont Func _Printer_MakeFont() Local $hFontDC, $err, $errm, $str, $flag, $iHeight $flag = $FW_BOLD $iHeight = 8 $hFontDC = _WinAPI_CreateFont( _ $iHeight, _ 0, _ ; average character width 0, _ ; angle of escape 0, _ ; base-line orientation $flag, _ ; font weight - $FW_NORMAL, $FW_BOLD, etc. False, _ ; italic False, _ ; underline False, _ ; strikeout $DEFAULT_CHARSET, _ ; the character set $OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS, _ ; the output precision $CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS, _ ; the clipping precision $DEFAULT_QUALITY, _ ; the output quality 0, _ ; the pitch and family of the font "courier new") ; typeface name _LogMsg("+++: $hFontDC = 0x" & Hex($hFontDC)) If ($hFontDC <= 0) Then $str = "_WinAPI_CreateFont() failed." & @CRLF $err = _WinAPI_GetLastError() $errm = _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage() _LogMsg("+++: " & $err & ", 0) - '" & $errm & "'" & @CRLF & $str) Exit (9) EndIf $a__Printer_Font = $hFontDC EndFunc ;==>_Printer_MakeFont Here is the complete script:
      #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n #AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1) #include <APIDlgConstants.au3> #include <FontConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> ; #VARIABLES# ================================================================ Global $i__LastLineNum = -1, $i__NextLineNum = -1, $i__ThisLineNum = -1 Global $i__LeftMargin_X, $i__TopMargin_Y, $i__PageWidth, $i__PageHeight Global $i__CurrentPos_X, $i__CurrentPos_Y Global $i__Printer_Char_H = -1, $i__Printer_Char_W = -1 Global $a__Printer_Font = 0 Global $i__x_start, $i__x_end, $i__y_start, $i__y_end ; ============================================================================ ; #CONSTANTS# ================================================================ Global $PHYSICALWIDTH = 110, $PHYSICALHEIGHT = 111 Global $PHYSICALOFFSETX = 112, $PHYSICALOFFSETY = 113 Const $VLINESPACE = 20 ; Number of pixels between lines Global Const $tagPD = "align 1;DWORD lStructSize;" & "HWND hwndOwner;" & "handle hDevMode;" & "handle hDevNames;" & _ "handle hDC;" & "DWORD Flags;" & _ "WORD nFromPage;" & "WORD nToPage;" & "WORD nMinPage;" & "WORD nMaxPage;" & "WORD nCopies;" & _ "handle hInstance;" & "LPARAM lCustData;" & "ptr lpfnPrintHook;" & "ptr lpfnSetupHook;" & _ "ptr lpPrintTemplateName;" & "ptr lpSetupTemplateName;" & "handle hPrintTemplate;" & "handle hSetupTemplate" Global Const $tagDOCINFO = "int Size;" & "ptr DocName;" & "ptr Output;" & "ptr Datatype;" & "dword Type" ; ============================================================================ _Main() Func _Main() Local $hDC, $str, $str2 = "", $linenum $hDC = _Printer_Open(0, Default, "DOCNAME: ++++") _LogMsg("+++: $hPrintDc = 0x" & Hex($hDC)) If (Not $hDC) Then Exit (1) _Printer_SetFont($hDC) For $y = 1 To 10 $str2 &= "123456789." Next $linenum = 30 ; Start in the middle of the page For $x = 1 To 15 $str = "[" & $x & " " & $str2 _LogMsg("+++: $str ==>" & $str & "<==") _Printer_PrintTextLine($hDC, $str, $linenum) $linenum += 1 Next _Printer_Close($hDC) EndFunc ;==>_Main Func _Printer_SetFont($hDC) Local $hFont If ($a__Printer_Font == 0) Then _Printer_MakeFont() EndIf $hFont = $a__Printer_Font _LogMsg("+++: $hDC & " & $hDC & ", $hFont = " & $hFont) _WinAPI_SetFont($hDC, $hFont) ; <===================== EndFunc ;==>_Printer_SetFont Func _Printer_MakeFont() Local $hFontDC, $err, $errm, $str, $flag, $iHeight $flag = $FW_BOLD $iHeight = 8 $hFontDC = _WinAPI_CreateFont( _ $iHeight, _ 0, _ ; average character width 0, _ ; angle of escape 0, _ ; base-line orientation $flag, _ ; font weight - $FW_NORMAL, $FW_BOLD, etc. False, _ ; italic False, _ ; underline False, _ ; strikeout $DEFAULT_CHARSET, _ ; the character set $OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS, _ ; the output precision $CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS, _ ; the clipping precision $DEFAULT_QUALITY, _ ; the output quality 0, _ ; the pitch and family of the font "courier new") ; typeface name _LogMsg("+++: $hFontDC = 0x" & Hex($hFontDC)) If ($hFontDC <= 0) Then $str = "_WinAPI_CreateFont() failed." & @CRLF $err = _WinAPI_GetLastError() $errm = _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage() _LogMsg("+++: " & $err & ", 0) - '" & $errm & "'" & @CRLF & $str) Exit (9) EndIf $a__Printer_Font = $hFontDC EndFunc ;==>_Printer_MakeFont Func _Printer_Open($hGUI = 0, $iFlags = Default, $sDocName = "") Local $hDC, $tPD, $err If $iFlags = Default Then $iFlags = 0 $iFlags = BitOR($iFlags, $PD_RETURNDC) $iFlags = BitOR($iFlags, $PD_USEDEVMODECOPIESANDCOLLATE) EndIf $tPD = DllStructCreate($tagPD) DllStructSetData($tPD, "lStructSize", DllStructGetSize($tPD)) DllStructSetData($tPD, "hwndOwner", $hGUI) ; If $hGUI <> 0 Then DllStructGetData($tPD, "hInstance", _WinAPI_GetModuleHandle("")) EndIf DllStructSetData($tPD, "Flags", $iFlags) DllStructSetData($tPD, "nCopies", 2) Local $bRet = DllCall("Comdlg32.dll", "int", "PrintDlgW", "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tPD)) $err = @error If $err Then $err = _WinAPI_GetLastError() Local $errm = _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage() _LogMsg("+++: _Printer_Open() returns: (1, " & $err & ", 0) - '" & $errm & "'") $tPD = 0 Return SetError(1, $err, 0) EndIf If $bRet[0] = True Then $hDC = DllStructGetData($tPD, "hDC") Else Return SetError(2, $err, 0) EndIf $tPD = 0 __Printer_SetupCharWH($hDC) _Printer_GetMetrics($hDC) _Printer_Startup($hDC, $sDocName) Return (SetError(0, 0, $hDC)) EndFunc ;==>_Printer_Open Func _Printer_Startup($hDC, $sDocName) Local $oDocNameStruct, $DOCINFO, $printJobID, $errstr __Printer_SetupCharWH($hDC) ; Get the height and width of a printer character $oDocNameStruct = DllStructCreate("char DocName[" & StringLen($sDocName & Chr(0)) & "]") DllStructSetData($oDocNameStruct, "DocName", $sDocName & Chr(0)) ; Size of DOCINFO structure $DOCINFO = DllStructCreate($tagDOCINFO) ; Structure for Print Document info DllStructSetData($DOCINFO, "Size", 20) ; Size of DOCINFO structure DllStructSetData($DOCINFO, "DocName", DllStructGetPtr($oDocNameStruct)) ; Set name of print job (Optional) _Printer_GetMetrics($hDC) $printJobID = _Printer_StartDoc($hDC, $DOCINFO) ; start new print doc If ($printJobID <= 0) Then $errstr = "_Printer_StartDoc() failed" _LogMsg("+++: _Printer_Startup() returns: @error = 1 - " & $errstr) Return (SetError(1, 0, $errstr)) EndIf Return (SetError(0, 0, $printJobID)) ; print job ID EndFunc ;==>_Printer_Startup Func _Printer_Close($hDC) _Printer_EndPage($hDC) ; End the currend page _Printer_EndDoc($hDC) ; End the print job _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hDC) ; Delete the printer device context EndFunc ;==>_Printer_Close Func _Printer_EndPage($hDC) Local $aResult If ($i__ThisLineNum > 1) Then $aResult = DllCall("GDI32.dll", "long", "EndPage", "hwnd", $hDC) EndIf _Printer_SetInitial_XY() $i__ThisLineNum = -1 Return ($aResult[0]) EndFunc ;==>_Printer_EndPage Func _Printer_EndDoc($hDC) Local $aResult $aResult = DllCall("GDI32.dll", "long", "EndDoc", "hwnd", $hDC) Return ($aResult[0]) EndFunc ;==>_Printer_EndDoc Func _Printer_TextOut($hDC, $iXStart, $iYStart, $sString) Local $aResult $aResult = DllCall("GDI32.dll", _ "long", "TextOut", _ "hwnd", $hDC, _ "long", $iXStart, _ "long", $iYStart, _ "str", $sString, _ "long", StringLen($sString)) Return $aResult[0] ; 0 = fail, 1 = OK EndFunc ;==>_Printer_TextOut Func _Printer_PrintTextLine($hDC, $sText, $iLineNumber = -1) Local $ret, $lines, $ndx If ($iLineNumber <= 0) Then $iLineNumber = $i__ThisLineNum EndIf $sText = StringStripWS($sText, 2) ; Clear trailing whitespace ; Break text into an array of lines, based on any of the ; usual line endings (@CR, @LF, etc.) found in the string. $sText = StringRegExpReplace($sText, "[\\][n]", @CR) $sText = StringReplace($sText, @CRLF, @LF) $sText = StringReplace($sText, @CR, @LF) While (StringRight($sText, 1) == @LF) StringTrimRight($sText, 1) ; remove trailing LF's WEnd $lines = StringSplit($sText, @LF, 2) ; Now print each line in the array of lines, advancing the ; printer line position each time For $ndx = 0 To UBound($lines) - 1 $i__CurrentPos_X = $i__x_start ; $i__LeftMargin_X $i__CurrentPos_Y = (($i__Printer_Char_H + $VLINESPACE) * $iLineNumber) + $i__y_start $ret = _Printer_TextOut($hDC, $i__CurrentPos_X, $i__CurrentPos_Y, $lines[$ndx]) $iLineNumber += 1 $i__ThisLineNum += 1 If ($ret == 0) Then ExitLoop If ($iLineNumber > $i__LastLineNum) Then _Printer_EndPage($hDC) $iLineNumber = 1 $i__ThisLineNum = 1 EndIf Next ; Calculate next x/y position $i__CurrentPos_Y = (($i__Printer_Char_H + $VLINESPACE) * $iLineNumber) Return (SetError(0, 0, $iLineNumber)) EndFunc ;==>_Printer_PrintTextLine Func _Printer_StartDoc($hDC, $tDocInfo) Local $aResult $aResult = DllCall("GDI32.dll", "long", "StartDoc", "hwnd", $hDC, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tDocInfo)) _Printer_SetInitial_XY() Return ($aResult[0]) ; >0 = OK, <=0 = Fail EndFunc ;==>_Printer_StartDoc Func _Printer_GetMetrics($hDC) $i__LeftMargin_X = _WinAPI_GetDeviceCaps($hDC, $PHYSICALOFFSETX) $i__TopMargin_Y = _WinAPI_GetDeviceCaps($hDC, $PHYSICALOFFSETY) $i__PageWidth = _WinAPI_GetDeviceCaps($hDC, $PHYSICALWIDTH) $i__PageHeight = _WinAPI_GetDeviceCaps($hDC, $PHYSICALHEIGHT) #Tidy_Off _LogMsg("+++:" & @CRLF _ & "$PHYSICALOFFSETX [" & $PHYSICALOFFSETX & "] $i__LeftMargin_X = " & $i__LeftMargin_X & @CRLF _ & "$PHYSICALOFFSETY [" & $PHYSICALOFFSETY & "] $i__TopMargin_Y = " & $i__TopMargin_Y & @CRLF _ & "$PHYSICALWIDTH [" & $PHYSICALWIDTH & "] $i__PageWidth = " & $i__PageWidth & @CRLF _ & "$PHYSICALHEIGHT [" & $PHYSICALHEIGHT & "] $i__PageHeight = " & $i__PageHeight & @CRLF _ ) #Tidy_On $i__x_start = $i__LeftMargin_X - 75 $i__y_start = $i__TopMargin_Y - 75 $i__x_end = $i__PageWidth - 250 $i__y_end = $i__PageHeight - 200 _Printer_SetInitial_XY() $i__LastLineNum = _Printer_GetLastLineNum() EndFunc ;==>_Printer_GetMetrics Func _Printer_SetInitial_XY() $i__CurrentPos_X = $i__LeftMargin_X $i__CurrentPos_Y = $i__TopMargin_Y * 22 EndFunc ;==>_Printer_SetInitial_XY Func _Printer_GetLastLineNum() Local $x1, $y, $linenumber $linenumber = -1 If ($i__Printer_Char_H > 0) Then For $x1 = 1 To 999 $y = (($i__Printer_Char_H + $VLINESPACE) * ($x1 + 1)) If ($y >= $i__y_end) Then $linenumber = $x1 ExitLoop EndIf Next EndIf If ($linenumber == -1) Then MsgBox(0, "Internal Error", "ERROR: Could not calculate the last line number") Exit (1) EndIf $linenumber -= 1 Return ($linenumber) EndFunc ;==>_Printer_GetLastLineNum Func __Printer_SetupCharWH($hDC) Local $vExtents $vExtents = _WinAPI_GetTextExtentPoint32($hDC, "x") $i__Printer_Char_W = DllStructGetData($vExtents, "X") ; Get the width of a character $i__Printer_Char_H = DllStructGetData($vExtents, "Y") ; Get the height of a character EndFunc ;==>__Printer_SetupCharWH Func _LogMsg($msg, $lnum = @ScriptLineNumber) If (StringLeft($msg, 4) = "+++:") Then $msg = StringTrimLeft($msg, 5) $msg = StringStripWS($msg, 3) ConsoleWrite("+++:" & $lnum & "] " & $msg & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>_LogMsg Func _Printer_SetFont($hDC) Local $hFont If ($a__Printer_Font == 0) Then _Printer_MakeFont() EndIf $hFont = $a__Printer_Font _LogMsg("+++: $hDC & " & $hDC & ", $hFont = " & $hFont) _WinAPI_SetFont($hDC, $hFont) ; <===================== EndFunc ;==>_Printer_SetFont Func _Printer_MakeFont() Local $hFontDC, $err, $errm, $str, $flag, $iHeight $flag = $FW_BOLD $iHeight = 8 $hFontDC = _WinAPI_CreateFont( _ $iHeight, _ 0, _ ; average character width 0, _ ; angle of escape 0, _ ; base-line orientation $flag, _ ; font weight - $FW_NORMAL, $FW_BOLD, etc. False, _ ; italic False, _ ; underline False, _ ; strikeout $DEFAULT_CHARSET, _ ; the character set $OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS, _ ; the output precision $CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS, _ ; the clipping precision $DEFAULT_QUALITY, _ ; the output quality 0, _ ; the pitch and family of the font "courier new") ; typeface name _LogMsg("+++: $hFontDC = 0x" & Hex($hFontDC)) If ($hFontDC <= 0) Then $str = "_WinAPI_CreateFont() failed." & @CRLF $err = _WinAPI_GetLastError() $errm = _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage() _LogMsg("+++: " & $err & ", 0) - '" & $errm & "'" & @CRLF & $str) Exit (9) EndIf $a__Printer_Font = $hFontDC EndFunc ;==>_Printer_MakeFont Here is the full script.  Run it to see the problem: