Com error with DOM

I have a simple function to open an xml file and read a node value.

Every other time the function _XMLFileOpen() is encountered, I get "Com Error with DOM". This looks like a file close is not occuring, however, there is no file close function in the _XMLwrapper.au3

EG:

#include <_XMLDOMWrapper.au3>

#include <Array.au3>

$Node="StartTime"

$sXmlFile = "C:UsersMikeDocumentsreport.xml"

$sXPath = "//ReportInfo/prop[@name='" & $Node & "']"

_XMLFileOpen($sXmlFile)

If @error Then

MsgBox(0,"","error")

EndIf

$aRET = _XMLGetValue($sXPath)

_ArrayDisplay($aRET, "")

Even when encountering the error , the node value is still returned, obtained.

The error code is 0000000

If I exit my program, restart it, no error is encountered the first time

Any ideas????

Thanks

Edited by AutoitMike

Add a COM error handler to your script to get maximum information about what happened.

Please have a look at ObjEvent in the help file for how to set up a COM error handler.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I get the error trapped, all I can see is that it is error 000000

However,

I noticed that once the file is open within a running script, I do not need to re open. However, I guess I need to keep track, set a flag that it is open????

There should be a function to test if it is open, or a function to close it. This is what the "Norm" seems to me after 40 + years of programming.

What is the return value of _XMLFileOpen? I guess a handle to the file. So this is your flag that indicates that the file is open.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Looks like you need to release Global variable $objDoc

$objDoc = 0

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 1 month later...

I've never worked with XML myself but I remember there was another thread on this subject recently.

Search the forum and you'll find what you need.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, I had no time to test other options and was involved in other things.

$objDoc = 0 indeed closes the file when it is open by the script, tested in another script and works fine.

What I think is happening is that another application that I send the xml file to is locking it, so I can not move it.

Solved this by moving the file first and then sending it to the application.

Thanks for your help and time