Help in coding?

Hi there i am new to Autoit, I have created a batch file which modify registry file in order to optimize your network connection but its not getting any popular because of batch scripting. I thought, i should give Autoit a try because it create GUI for the program as batch file cant.

I want a GUI like this:

Posted Image

But with my personal items in it.

Here:

@echo off
color 03
:start

set /p ask=This software will optimize and over-write your current registry values in orderto optimize your [Network Configuration]. To continue type y and press enter [This setup will atomatically do every configuration that is required](y/n)
if %ask%==y (echo Modules Loaded, Operation Continued...)
if %ask%==n exit

@echo off
echo Backing up your registry files...
if not exist "%drive%\Registry" mkdir "%drive%\Registry"
if exist "%drive%\Registry\regbackup.reg" del "%drive%\Registry\regbackup.reg"
regedit /e "%drive%\Registry\regbackup.reg"
echo Backup Succesfully Completed!

echo  [Optimizing Network Speed] 

reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management" /f /v DisablePagingExecutive /t REG_DWORD /d 1
echo DisablePagingExecutive [Optimized]

I want a GUI & Code that have 3 buttons "Analyse & Optimize & Backup"

The analyse button shows the current value of the registry key and name as specified above and at the side of a it recommended value [1] like". Backup will store the current registry values incase some thing goes wrong and the Optimize value will change the value with recommended value.

Anylysing Process started: [Current Value] [Recommended Value]
DisablePagingExecutive: [0] [1]

anybody could help or provide me with some guidance?

Edited by BlazingKing

• Moderators

Hi, BlazingKing, welcome to the forum. My first suggestion would be the same as most anyone else on the forum - namely, the Help file is your friend. AutoIt can easily do what you need it to, and we all understand wanting to get started now. But taking a little time to read through the help file will be an enormous help to you. As you're going through it, I would suggest looking at the following topics for your specific project:

• GUICreate
  • Registry Management
Once you have done some reading, and have tried something on your own, please post in the General Help and Support forum if you run into any issues. The community will be happy to assist you :)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Hi, BlazingKing, welcome to the forum. My first suggestion would be the same as most anyone else on the forum - namely, the Help file is your friend. AutoIt can easily do what you need it to, and we all understand wanting to get started now. But taking a little time to read through the help file will be an enormous help to you. As you're going through it, I would suggest looking at the following topics for your specific project:

• GUICreate
  • Registry Management
Once you have done some reading, and have tried something on your own, please post in the General Help and Support forum if you run into any issues. The community will be happy to assist you :)

Much appreciated mate, Sure i will give it a try. ^_^

On a side note, requests for assistance with your code should be directed to the General Help and Support forum, as the developer forum is a space for AutoIt developers to speak of witchcraft, wizardry, hello kitty, and all that jazz.

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

Glad to be of service :)

Hey, that's my text ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

On a side note, requests for assistance with your code should be directed to the General Help and Support forum, as the developer forum is a space for AutoIt developers to speak of witchcraft, wizardry, hello kitty, and all that jazz.

As an FYI - I did direct him there :)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!