Dealing with Host Keys in Plink through AutoIT

I am very new to AutoIT scripting (and programming in general), so be kind. :rolleyes: Can anyone tell me why this line of code won't work?

RunWait("echo y | plink -ssh -pw root root@" & $IPaddress & " exit")

I'm trying to deal with that annoying message: "The server's host key is not cached in the registry. You have no guarantee that the server is the computer you think it is. The server's rsa2 key fingerprint is: ssh-rsa 1040. If you trust this host, enter "y" to add the key to PuTTY's cache and carry on connecting. If you want to carry on connecting just once, without adding the key to the cache, enter "n". If you do not trust this host, press Return to abandon the connection. Store key in cache? (y/n)"

If I type in the part in parenthesis directly into a command window, it will work as written. But when I run it in the script, it will get to the y/n prompt and stop, as though it doesn't recognize the "echo y |".

And certainly, if someone has a more appropriate way to get this done, I'm certainly open to it.

Thoughts, ideas, recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

:ILA3:

Edited by marf224

Try with this:

$sCommand = "echo y | plink -ssh -pw root root@" & $IPaddress & " exit"
RunWait(@ComSpec & " /C " & $sCommand)

Hi!

Edited by Nessie

My UDF: NetInfo UDF Play with your network, check your download/upload speed and much more! YTAPI Easy to use YouTube API, now you can easy retrive all needed info from a video. NavInfo Check if a specific browser is installed and retrive other usefull information. YWeather Easy to use Yahoo Weather API, now you can easily retrive details about the weather in a specific region. No-IP UDF Easily update your no-ip hostname(s).

My Script: Wallpaper Changer Change you wallpaper dinamically, you can also download your wallpaper from your website and share it with all!   My Snippet: _ImageSaveToBMPConvert an image to bmp format. _SciteGOTO Open a file in SciTE at specific fileline. _FileToHex Show the hex code of a specified file

Hooray! Thanks, Nessie... it works beautifully.

I get what you did there with defining the command string as a variable, but can you explain to me what exactly the @ComSpec macro does and when I would know to use it?

Thanks again for your help!

but can you explain to me what exactly the @ComSpec macro does and when I would know to use it?

The help file would be the best place to look for this information, it's loaded with this kind of stuff.

@ComSpec - Value of %comspec%, the SPECified secondary COMmand interpreter primarly for command line uses, e.g. Run(@ComSpec & " /k help | more")

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

This "%comspec%" should have told you something. It's an environment variable that points to the command interpreter. Usually any time you see something refereneced with "%" before and after it, it's an environment variable, and if you want to know what that value equals, you can put it in a MsgBox to have it display for you. "MsgBox(0, "", EnvGet("comspec"))" will display a message box with the value assigned to %comspec%.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

As my mother says, it's a sad day when you don't learn something new. :D