Versioning made easy With TortoiseSVN and AutoIt3Wrapper

Jos

• Developers

Jos,

when I press F12 for the first time I get the message box "Versioning information is not found yet." When I then click on "Yes" I'm not prompted for the location of SVN.exe but get the following messages:

>C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe /in "C:\SVNTest\Trunc\AD\Test.au3" /Versioning_Commit
+>14:03:19 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.2.7 Environment(Language:0407 Keyboard:00000407 OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1 CPU:X64 OS:X64)
!>14:03:22 Your versioning program isn't found:. Skipping task.
>Exit code: 0 Time: 3.763

I already had TortoiseSVN and WinMerge installed on my machine so maybe something is missing.

Anything I need to modify?

Thanks

Could you Pm me your Autoit3Wrapper so I can check what happened?

Thanks,

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

I'll see about adding them to my au3.properties...

I'm glad I didn't overwrite it as there looks like quite a few differences.

You should never update au3.properties and only make changes in SciTEUser.properties or else you loose the ability to do a simple upgrade each time I release an update.

BTW you instructions seem to point to a "repository per project" structure. Is that correct?

Thanks

That is really up to you how you like to organise your source code. Normally when it is a shared Repository for a project, it is common to have one trunk for each project.

Jos :)

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

You should never update au3.properties and only make changes in SciTEUser.properties or else you loose the ability to do a simple upgrade each time I release an update.

I didn't make any changes "until this one".

The au3.properties I have is the one that came with SciTE...

Just checked I download SCITE in July last year and there was a new version in November.

So that explains the difference.

That is really up to you how you like to organise your source code. Normally when it is a shared Repository for a project, it is common to have one trunk for each project.

The reason I asked is I followed the instructions blindly (like a new user) dumped the code into the source directory as instructed.

Of course when I look at the repository the code is sitting in the root of the repository (not in trunk and defiantly not under a project).

An unsuspecting user could continue to create "source" directories and everything will be dumped into the root of the repository.

So I was thinking a separate section (maybe just a link) maybe in order to explain how to set up a "one repository - multiple projects" (my Preference) or "Multiple repositories - multiple projects" type scenario.

Or at least explain what they are doing.

I'll be "checking out" projects on my memory stick (on-site copy) and desktop (workshop).... Will help me avoid the problems I've had with overwriting later versions with old versions when I've for gotten to up version numbers. :(

BTW thanks for putting this all together. It makes sense now that I know where to start. :)

• Developers

The reason I asked is I followed the instructions blindly (like a new user) dumped the code into the source directory as instructed.

Of course when I look at the repository the code is sitting in the root of the repository (not in trunk and defiantly not under a project).

An unsuspecting user could continue to create "source" directories and everything will be dumped into the root of the repository.

So I was thinking a separate section (maybe just a link) maybe in order to explain how to set up a "one repository - multiple projects" (my Preference) or "Multiple repositories - multiple projects" type scenario.

Or at least explain what they are doing.

I'll be "checking out" projects on my memory stick (on-site copy) and desktop (workshop).... Will help me avoid the problems I've had with overwriting later versions with old versions when I've for gotten to up version numbers. :(

BTW thanks for putting this all together. It makes sense now that I know where to start. :)

The helpfile page I created isn't really to explain versioning as such but merely to give you an easy start of creating one on your local filesystem.

We are planning to put a couple of links into the Helpfile page that links to some available resources on the internet which do a pretty good job in explaining Subversioning.

EG:

Basics page: http://betterexplained.com/articles/a-visual-guide-to-version-control/

More detailed Manual: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn-book.pdf

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Jos,

when I press F12 for the first time I get the message box "Versioning information is not found yet." When I then click on "Yes" I'm not prompted for the location of SVN.exe but get the following messages:

>C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe /in "C:\SVNTest\Trunc\AD\Test.au3" /Versioning_Commit
+>14:03:19 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.2.7 Environment(Language:0407 Keyboard:00000407 OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1 CPU:X64 OS:X64)
!>14:03:22 Your versioning program isn't found:. Skipping task.
>Exit code: 0 Time: 3.763

I already had TortoiseSVN and WinMerge installed on my machine so maybe something is missing.

Anything I need to modify?

Thanks

The issue Water reported has to do that he is running with UAC enabled and SciTE isn't running as Administrator.

I have uploaded a new beta AutoIt3Wrapper which will check if it can write to Autoit3Wrapper.ini and shell in admin mode if required.

Thanks

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I am running the x64 version

So am I, which is why it didn't make much sense as to why it wasn't there. But I will re-download again and see what happens.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I didn't enable the 'install commandline tools' because this wasn't checked as part of the default installation. Suffice to say it works well. Thanks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I checked on XP that didn't have TortoiseSVN, as my 64-bit machine just asked would I like to modify my setup. So there is no need for SilkSVN.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

• Developers

I didn't enable the 'install commandline tools' because this wasn't checked as part of the default installation. Suffice to say it works well. Thanks.

I check on XP that didn't have TortoiseSVN, as my 64-bit machine just asked would I like to modify my setup. So there is no need for SilkSVN.

Good find...... so we don't need SilkSVN for x86 systems.... nice :)

Thanks

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Good find...... so we don't need SilkSVN for x86 systems.... nice :)

Thanks

Jos

No. I checked the bin folder and svn.exe was there. I didn't test AutoIt3Wrapper, but I presume it will find it.

You're welcome.

UDF List:

• Developers

Updated the first page with the changes made today.

Thanks all for the testing and the received feedback.

Jos :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

The issue Water reported has to do that he is running with UAC enabled and SciTE isn't running as Administrator.

I have uploaded a new beta AutoIt3Wrapper which will check if it can write to Autoit3Wrapper.ini and shell in admin mode if required.

Thanks

Jos

Jos,

the updated version works as expected now.

Thanks!

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thanks all for the testing and the received feedback.

I think I've earned my being smug badge for today :D

UDF List:

All other testers too :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Haha, awesome!

UDF List:

I don't know what's happened, but I try to compile an a3x file and the file size is the same as an AutoIt executable.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile_Type=a3x
#include <Constants.au3>

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, '', '')

Edit: Confirmed the regression by using the beta version of AutoIt3Wrapper dated the 6th March 2013.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

• Developers

This is indeed a regression for the logic I put in in to work with a tempfile instead of the target file to avoid the issues with resourceupdates.

It is fixed in v 2.1.2.9 uploaded to the Versioning Beta.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

Fixed for me. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

This is indeed a regression for the logic I put in in to work with a tempfile instead of the target file to avoid the issues with resourceupdates.

It is fixed in v 2.1.2.9 uploaded to the Versioning Beta.

Jos

Confirmed.

UDF List:

#Modify Context Menu to add Right Click, Add as Snippet
user.context.menu=||Add as Snippet|1116|

This should be removed from au3.properties.

UDF List: