Issue with Regaining Window GUI access

Hi,

I am running an XmlRpc client/server program, in which the Client side python code triggers the Autoit script("kumar.exe") which is to perform an application installation.

Autoit script is in server side and it is triggered from client machine.

here when the autoit script gets triggered , the installation setup window loses it's control and hence the installation is not proceeding.

Can anyone help in solving this problem ??

Client side python code:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

import xmlrpclib

import sys

proxy = xmlrpclib.ServerProxy('http://'+sys.argv[1]+':8001')

#print ("AutoIT script trigger output %s" % str(proxy.ads_trigger("c:\Sharing\kumar.exe")))

get_line = proxy.ads_trigger("c:\Sharing\kumar.exe")

out_file = open(r"c:\builds\ads-log248.txt", "w")

out_file.write("%s" %(get_line))

out_file.close(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIT Script code:

---------------------------

#include <Process.au3>

#Include <GuiToolBar.au3>

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

ADS_Install()

Exit

Func ADS_Install()

RunAsWait("Administrator", "", "Emc@123", 0, "C:\Sharing\abcd.exe")

WinWaitActive($val, "Welcome to the Avamar Downloader")

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive($val, "Install Avamar Downloader")

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive($val, "&Install")

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive($val, "&Finish")

Send("{ENTER}")

EndFunc

thanks and Yes that $val value i am reading it as a string value.

here when the autoit script gets triggered , the installation setup window loses it's control and hence the installation is not proceeding.

Any idea or any solution to this issue.?

This topic should really be in General Help & Support, but anyways, you should use ControlSend instead of Send, then it won't matter what window is the active one.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

AutoIT complete code:

---------------------------

#include <Process.au3>

Local $install = "C:SharingDownloaderService-7.0.0-1.exe"

ADS_Install()

Exit

Func ADS_Install()

Run($install)

WinWaitActive("Downloader Service 7.0.0.1 setup", "Welcome to the Downloader service")

Send("!n")

WinWaitActive("Downloader Service 7.0.0.1 setup", "Install Downloader service")

Send("!n")

WinWaitActive("Downloader Service 7.0.0.1 setup", "&Install")

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("Downloader Service 7.0.0.1 setup", "&Finish")

Send("{ENTER}")

EndFunc

Where do you have an issue with this in the code above, where is it not sending the correct information to the correct screen. Also, what is taking focus away from this installer when you run it?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Hi,

When the installation is trigger from the client side, the installation window lost it's control and hence the installation is not proceeding.

Please help me out in resolving the issue.

Please find the attached screenshot of the issue state.

Below the complete code information

Python version used : 2.7.3

Host Machine IP : 10.110.112.121

Run the server code first and then start the client side code.

In server machine : - server side code, autoitscript.exe, application to be installed(.exe file)

In Client machine : - client side code

Autoit code:

#include <Process.au3>

Firefox_Install()

Exit

Func Firefox_Install()

Run("C:\Sharing\Firefox Setup 18.0.2.exe")

WinWaitActive("Mozilla Firefox Setup", "Welcome to the Mozilla Firefox Setup Wizard")

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("Mozilla Firefox Setup", "Setup Type")

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("Mozilla Firefox Setup", "Summary")

Send("{ENTER}")

EndFunc

Server Side Code (rpc_server.py)

------------------------------------------

import xmlrpclib

import os,sys,re

from SimpleXMLRPCServer import SimpleXMLRPCServer

global cmd_out

def ads_trigger(n):

cmd_out = os.popen("%s" %(n))

server = SimpleXMLRPCServer(("10.110.112.121", 8001))

print ("Listening on port 8001...")

server.register_function(ads_trigger, "ads_trigger")

server.serve_forever()

-----------------------------------------

Machine IP : 10.110.112.121

Client Side Code (rpc_client.py)

----------------------------------------

import xmlrpclib

import sys

proxy = xmlrpclib.ServerProxy('http://'+sys.argv[1]+':8001')

proxy.ads_trigger("c:\Sharing\autoitscript.exe")

----------------------------------------

In the command prompt, type “python rpc_client.py 10.110.112.121

post-79069-0-83073200-1364310225_thumb.j

Do you need Python to be able to launch the script?

What I meant was, do you need python to launch the script, or could you launch the script another way?

A fundamental in interacting with windows... is...

WinWait() for the window... If Not WinActive Then WinActivate() the window... WinWaitActive() the window.

However, I am sure there are command line parameters to pass to make it install automatic without interaction.

Lar.

f_mrcleansmalm_77ce002.jpgAutoIt has helped make me wealthy

Yes, i am using python to trigger autoit script.

Not what I asked, what I asked was do you NEED to use Python to run the script or can you launch the exe another way?

Still it's not working. Any other option ?

Yes, the option is you tell us what doesn't work instead of a blanket not working post, that's not at all helpful to us or you. Once you figure out how to properly explain your problem and what you've done and what exactly isn't working and exactly how it's not working, then you should come back with a more sensible post. Otherwise you're on your own as far as I'm concerned.