HotKeySet("{F5}", "Test")

While 1
Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func Test()
ConsoleWrite("TEST" & @CRLF)
EndFunc

If i press F5 i have a ConsoleWrite, ok is good

But if i press and I hold down F5 i have multiple ConsoleWrite until i release it, and i want to avoid this

Please an help, many thanks

I'M QUIT FROM THIS FORUM!

It was fun until it lasted, hope on my future way i can't find people that offend without any reason ( i was called lazy and parasitic, and everyone agreed...United we stand, divided we fall ) just for fun because don't have anything to do in the life, without knowing anything about the person who write, noone forced to post, noone forced to help.

From the top of the from their very great superiority they not go down to my level, that people can not spread the knowledge but you have to learn by yourself.

In what way? It's easy...just search on google

For that people, wish you the best way,

Oliver Astone

Both solution are wrong and not working, the first call itself??? The second not work and i can't use _IsPressed for many reason. Thanks anyway

I have try to use a flag:

HotKeySet("{F5}", "Test")

$f = True

While 1
Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func Test()
If $f = True Then
  $f = False
EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>Test

But work only one time, the second time the flag is false so F5 don't do nothing

It was fun until it lasted, hope on my future way i can't find people that offend without any reason ( i was called lazy and parasitic, and everyone agreed...United we stand, divided we fall ) just for fun because don't have anything to do in the life, without knowing anything about the person who write, noone forced to post, noone forced to help.

From the top of the from their very great superiority they not go down to my level, that people can not spread the knowledge but you have to learn by yourself.

Oliver Astone

Man, did you test what you post? :(

Not working, and i'll repeat i can't use _IsPressed, in the main script i read the Hotkey from another file and _IsPressed don't use standard "abc" but "123" codes

Thanks again

Edited by OliverA

Oliver Astone

Hotkey UDF use integer values ​​instead of strings, so i have the same problem of _IsPressed but thanks for the suggestion.

I thought it was a simple thing to solve :(

Oliver Astone

in the main script i read the Hotkey from another file and _IsPressed don't use standard "abc" but "123" codes

That's mine problem

Edited by OliverA

Oliver Astone

I'll use it like one's last hope if noone have other solution

Oliver Astone

This has been asked and solved many times. Did you search the forum?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Uhm, yes? I have not find anything useful, i'll search berfore post on the forum and on google using site:autoitscript.com

Oliver Astone

Check for "HotKeySet _IsPressed".

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Again with IsPressed...i can't use it, too much problem. You can't combine more then once key ( or you need to do if _IsPressed($hexkey) And _IsPressed($hexkey2) then ) and i need to convert the string to the hex value

There is no alternative solution like flags or things like that?

Oliver Astone

• Moderators

OliverA,

As you refuse to use the sensible functions provided in AutoIt to do this, you need to think laterally: ;)

HotKeySet("{F5}", "_Test")

; Declare a flag
Global $fRunning = False

While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func _Test()
    If Not $fRunning Then
        ; Set the flag
        $fRunning = True
        ; Run a function to clear the flag after a delay
        AdlibRegister("_Kill_Test", 1000) ; Adjust the delay as required
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func _Kill_Test()
    ; Clear the flag
    $fRunning = False
    ; Stop the function
    AdlibUnRegister("_Kill_Test")
EndFunc

Not very elegant, but it works. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

AdlibRegister seems a good compromize, i'll test it and let you know, thanks

Oliver Astone

Again with IsPressed...i can't use it, too much problem.

The example you showed us in your OP looks like a simplified version of the problem you try to solve. Can you please explain what you REALLY try to achieve?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

OliverA,

Or you could check which key was pressed as the HotKey fires and then wait for that key to be released:

#include <WinAPI.au3>

HotKeySet("{F5}", "_Test")
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "On_Exit")

Global $fRunning = False

While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func _Test()
    If Not $fRunning Then
        ; Set flag to prevent multiple firings
        $fRunning = True
        ; Which F key was pressed?
        For $iF_Key = 0x70 To 0x7B
            If _WinAPI_GetAsyncKeyState($iF_Key) Then
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        Next
        ; Wait until it is released
        While _WinAPI_GetAsyncKeyState($iF_Key)
            Sleep(10)
        WEnd
        ; Clear flag
        $fRunning = False
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func On_Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc

A word of warning: do not post any code which checks for more than a few keys (the above checks for the F1-F12 keys only) - this announcement explains why. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

With the Melba's first code ( the adilib ) i have resolved, not like expeted but at last i have "stopped" to run the function every x second.

I have read the announcement but i'm "register" only one key, but i don't know what is the key because is in txt file.

Thanks to everyone for the effort

Oliver Astone

• Moderators

OliverA,

Just to make clear - it does not matter how many keys you want to "register", it is the number of keys you scan within that If _WinAPI_GetAsyncKeyState loop that is the key to whether you are legal or not. ;)

M23

Spoiler