Using excel sheet to find values

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if you can help me with my excel problem.

But first i have to know if it is even possible because i don't know how far AutoIT goes in this.

I have a application where i need to fill out some values, these values are stored in a excel file and now i have to manually add them into the program. If it is possible i would like to do this automatically with some scripting.

In my program i have several rows on each row i have four coloms, i will show you;

Number | name | something else | quantity

Only the first colom "Number" is filled the rest is empty. I can navigate through the program using the [TAB] and [ARROW] keys.

In my Excel sheet i have also several rows with coloms, i will show you;

Number | Details | Base | count

Now i would like to set my cursor on the first row in the first colom (from the program) and start the script.

- The script will copy the Number to the clipboard

- Search in the excel document for the correct row

- And then copy the count from that row to the clipboard

- And final paste the count into the quantity colom

And repeat this for the following rows (maybe by pressing the enter button every time a row is done).

Do you guys think this is possible and if so can you help me get started?

I have experimented with some _ExcelReadArray scripts but didn't work.

Edit:

Just starting with a simple IF statement but this didn't work. When i copy something from NOTEPAD to the clipboard it works but when i copy a excel cell (Just through crtl+c) to the clipboard it just keep saying this is a string,.. what am i doing wrong?

Local $bak = ClipGet()
If StringIsDigit($bak) Then
     MsgBox(4096, "", "Value contains digits")

Else
     MsgBox(4096, "", "Value is a string.")

Send("{LEFT}")
Send("{CTRLDOWN}{c}{CTRLUP}")

EndIf

Fixed it! // I just used the StringRegExp function and now it is working

Edited by Blueman

AutoIt has a builtin Excel UDF (User Defined Functions Library). Check function _ExcelReadSheetToArray to read the whole sheet into an array and then locate and process the needed row.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Or you could have a look at my ExcelEX UDF (still an early Alpha version!). It has a search/find function.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Guys,

It worked thanks, but i want to make it some faster by directly getting the data from my WEB MySQL Database.

So i have a website with a MySQL database and want to let the script search directly into the database without exporting it to Excel,...

Is this possible?

Because i have tried to do so, with this UDF;

But it keeps saying that it cannot make a connection to my server on several adresses; Localhost, IP from my webserver here on LAN, IP from my webserver on WAN, just the web-adress www.mydomain.nl

It just doesn't work!

What am i doiing wrong ? :ermm:

Thanks

EDIT

Guys, don't worry (Be happy? ^^).

I got it working!

My router was the problem, he didn't transfered the correct MySQL port to the server,. changed it and it works fine!

But what i want to know is, how dangerous is it to open your database to the WWW?

Edited by Blueman