Sort Functions Alphabetically, and Place them at the end of the Script

Go to solution Solved by PhoenixXL,

What I want to do is to place functions from a script at it ends in alphabetical order

EXAMPLE

Input au3

$var ="Sample au3"

Func _yo()

;some script 2

Endfunc

Func _akshay()

;some script 1

Endfunc

Output au3

$var ="Sample au3"

Func _akshay()

;some script 1

Endfunc

Func _yo()

;some script 2

Endfunc

can anyone help me out? :sweating:

If you upgrade scite (download page), you can do an Alt+L to get a list of functions (sorted)...kind of removes the need for this, right?

Else:

fileread

stringregexp

_arraysort

_filecreate

filewrite in a loop

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

Add this to your script

#Tidy_Parameters=/sf

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

@

If you upgrade scite (download page), you can do an Alt+L to get a list of functions (sorted)...kind of removes the need for this, right?

Else:

fileread

stringregexp

_arraysort

_filecreate

filewrite in a loop

I am talking about full functions, not only the "function names" :)

Did you run Tidy on your script?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Here is one way to sort the functions of a .au3 file.

#include <Array.au3>

Local $sFileName, $File, $aArr, $sFuncless, $sSortedFuncs, $sNewFileName

$sFileName = "Input.au3"
$File = FileRead($sFileName)

$aArr = StringRegExp($File, "(?i)func (.+?)\(", 3)
;_ArrayDisplay($aArr)

_ArraySort($aArr)
;_ArrayDisplay($aArr)

$sFuncless = StringTrimRight(StringRegExpReplace($File, "(?is)\s*func.+?endfunc[^\v]*\s*", @CRLF), 2)
ConsoleWrite($sFuncless & @LF)

$sSortedFuncs = ""
For $i = 0 To UBound($aArr) - 1
$sSortedFuncs &= @CRLF & @CRLF & StringRegExpReplace($File, "(?is).*(Func " & $aArr[$i] & ".+?EndFunc[^\v]*).*$", "\1")
Next
;ConsoleWrite($sFuncless & @CRLF & $sSortedFuncs & @LF)

$sNewFileName = StringRegExpReplace($sFileName, "(.+)(\.au3)", "\1SF\2") ; The file, "Input.au3" becomes "InputSF.au3", the output file.
If FileExists($sNewFileName) Then FileDelete($sNewFileName)
FileWrite($sNewFileName, $sFuncless & $sSortedFuncs)

Edit: The example now works for the scenario when the script is interspersed between the functions.

Edit2: This example does not allow for comments before a function.

Edited by Malkey

Can you check your code with this as Input.au3

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>

;In the Following Example the numbers and the Colon(:) can be entered into the Edit control only.

Global $Chars, $hInput

GUICreate('Test', 220, 180)
GUICtrlCreateInput('', 10, 10, 200, 20)

;Check StringRegExp function in the Helpfile to learn about Meta-characters what is here "\d" stands for digit
_SetAllowedChars(GUICtrlGetHandle(-1),'\d:')

;Register WM_COMMAND
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_COMMAND, 'WM_COMMAND')

GUISetState()

While 1
Switch GUIGetMsg()
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit
EndSwitch
WEnd

Func WM_COMMAND($hWnd, $imsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
If $ilParam <> $hInput Then Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG

Static $spText = ''
$nNotifyCode = _WinAPI_HiWord($iwParam)

Switch $nNotifyCode
Case $EN_CHANGE
$nID = _WinAPI_LoWord($iwParam) ;Control ID
$sText = GUICtrlRead($nID) ; THe Text in the Control

If StringRegExp($sText, '^[' & $Chars & ']*$') = 0 Then ; IF the Text is not Valid
GUICtrlSetData($nID, $spText) ;Erase the Text
Else
$spText = $sText
EndIf
EndSwitch

Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc ;==>WM_COMMAND

Func _SetAllowedChars($hEdit, $sChars)
;Check if the Chars input is valid
StringRegExp("", '^[' & $sChars & ']$')
If @error = 2 Then Return SetError(1, @error, @extended)

$Chars = $sChars
$hInput = $hEdit

EndFunc ;==>_SetAllowedChars
Some of the required lines are deleted.. !!

Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

My question is why?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

And SciTE Jump.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

• Solution

Check if it fits your needs

#include <Array.au3>

$String = FileRead(@ScriptFullPath)
$hFile = FileOpen(@ScriptFullPath, 2 )
FileWrite( $hFile, SortFunctions($String))
FileClose( $hFile )

Func SortFunctions($Source, $iDescending = 0, $fDebug = False)

;Get the Array of Array of Functions
$aFunc = StringRegExp($Source, '(?ism)(^\h*Func\h+\w+.+?^\h*EndFunc.*?$)', 3)
$aTemp = $aFunc ;For the Original Position of the Functions

;Sort The Functions
_ArraySort($aFunc, $iDescending)

;Lets Replace the Functions
If $fDebug Then _ArrayDisplay( $aTemp, "Original Func" )
If $fDebug Then _ArrayDisplay( $aFunc, "Sorted Func")

For $i = 0 To UBound($aFunc) - 1
$Source = StringReplace($Source, $aTemp[$i], $aFunc[$i], -1)
Next

Return $Source
EndFunc   ;==>SortFunctions

Func Y()
;
EndFunc   ;==>X

Func X()
;
EndFunc   ;==>Y

Func A()
;
EndFunc   ;==>A
Thumbs if it helped

Regards :)

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

It works.

Thumbs if it helped.

I did, but felt a bit silly giving a thumbs up to my monitor.

UDF List:

I did, but felt a bit silly giving a thumbs up to my monitor.

Good Sense of humour :)

My code:

Check if it fits your needs

#include <Array.au3>

$String = FileRead(@ScriptFullPath)
$hFile = FileOpen(@ScriptFullPath, 2 )
FileWrite( $hFile, SortFunctions($String))
FileClose( $hFile )

Func SortFunctions($Source, $iDescending = 0, $fDebug = False)

;Get the Array of Array of Functions
$aFunc = StringRegExp($Source, '(?ism)(^\h*Func\h+\w+.+?^\h*EndFunc.*?$)', 3)
$aTemp = $aFunc ;For the Original Position of the Functions

;Sort The Functions
_ArraySort($aFunc, $iDescending)

;Lets Replace the Functions
If $fDebug Then _ArrayDisplay( $aTemp, "Original Func" )
If $fDebug Then _ArrayDisplay( $aFunc, "Sorted Func")

For $i = 0 To UBound($aFunc) - 1
$Source = StringReplace($Source, $aTemp[$i], $aFunc[$i], -1)
Next

Return $Source
EndFunc ;==>SortFunctions

Func Y()
;
EndFunc ;==>X

Func X()
;
EndFunc ;==>Y

Func A()
;
EndFunc ;==>A
Thumbs if it helped

Regards :)

Thanks it works perfectly :) But the only problem is that the functions arent placed at the end of the file :( Edited by ActualAkshay

That's easy to achieve and something you could do yourself, if you gave it a try. Think laterally.

UDF List:

Thanks it works perfectly :) But the only problem is that the functions arent placed at the end of the file :(

That's easy to achieve and something you could do yourself, if you gave it a try. Think laterally.

Oh thanks for your suggestion bro :) i have done it finally :D dont need help anymore, thanks everyone :)