[demo] How to handle WM_GESTURE and WM_TOUCH message:)

LawrenceDon

When I get an ultrabook with multi-touch panel, the idea that using autoit to handle the multi-touch message comes out.

Simple enough, but it can work normally. Enjoy it:)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Files in attachment:

MT_GESTURE.au3 WM_GESTURE.jpg

MT_TOUCH.au3 WM_TOUCH.jpg

MT_TOUCH _Color_Point_V2.au3 WM_TOUCH_V2.jpg

Reference:

WM_TOUCH message

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd317341(v=vs.85).aspx

WM_GESTURE message

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd353242(v=vs.85).aspx

GESTURE_TOUCH.zip

Edited by LawrenceDon

I'm the same. I would love to know if this works.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Yes, you're right, and you can refer to the link below to get more information about Windows Touch.

Getting Started with Windows Touch Messages

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd371581(v=vs.85).aspx

They work, but only when you touch with your finger.

If you try the MT_TOUCH example with a pen or the mouse, it will not work.

But I think, this will be an other Event.

Very good example!

Veronesi

Great script. Almost exactly what I'm looking for except that I need to capture touch events outside of the application. My goal is to create metrics to determine how often the touch interface is used on a touch device. Any help would be appreciated.

• 3 years later...

Why does'nt WM_TOUCH get fired when you touch on a control?

For example add a Button like this to the GUI in MT_TOUCH.au3:

GUICtrlCreateButton("Button1", 600, 400, 80, 25)

When you touch the plain GUI the WM_TOUCH get's executed, when you touch the button it won't.

Is there a way around this? How can you differentiate between a touch click or a mouse click on a control?

• 1 year later...

You can fire the touch "normally"...

$test = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button1", 600, 400, 80, 25)
Case $test

But I wonder, if there is a way to get something like $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN to work...? I want to use a button as pushbutton - button stays only pressed (with mouse-event $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN works fine)...?