Starting Skype video call with Skype4COM

Hi,

I've got a script created in AutoIT, using the Skype4COM API to automatically dial another Skype user when a specific keystroke is pressed. Once the call is established, I then use the API to turn-on both video send and receive. As the call is between two pre-determined contacts, I also have the Skype options set at both ends to automatically start video sharing (this is for a point-to-point video setup).

Most of the time this works fine, but sometimes (perhaps 1-in-5 times), the PC establishing the call doesn't display the video window - it just stays on the Skype Home screen window. Video is still being sent and received, but just not being displayed in a window on the screen.

Is there a way to determine why this is happening or, even better, to ensure video is visible?

At the moment, I make the Skype screen active/focused, then send the ALT-ENTER keystroke to make it full-screen. The problem is that sometimes the video window isn't shown, so this can't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Moderators

Hi, DerekOH, welcome to the forum. As a general rule, it is always best to post what code you have, or at least a working reproducer. Otherwise, you're asking someone to guess at reproducing your script and then find the bugs :)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!