;Script that works using hotkeys
HotKeySet("b", "replace")

While 1
     Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func replace()
Send("c")
EndFunc

That piece of script (^) makes it so when you press "b" it doesnt do "b", but it does "c".

Now, i tried this with Ispressed but im not having no luck, whatsoever.

All it does is send "B" then it sends "C"... i want it to send only C. and it work exactly like it does in the script that is working.

But i'm having absolutetly no luck with this... i've been trying for about 2 hours now along with something else.

;Script that doesnt work using Ispressed
#Include <Constants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>

If _IsPressed("42", $hDLL) Then
     replace()
         ; Now wait until the key is released
     While _IsPressed("42", $hDLL)
         Sleep(10) ;
WEnd
endif

WEnd

Func replace()
Send("c")
endfunc
Edited by Mouse

This ain't gonna help you friend. Perhaps, the only reason we have HotKeySet and _IsPressed together is because of this issue. HotkeySet maps the key to perform a specific function (but blocks its own function), whereas, _IsPressed just tells AU3 to do something if a key has been pressed.

So, when you say: If _IsPressed('your key') then DoSomething(), then it will DoSomething() without changing the behaviour of the key.

Got it now, I hope.

Good day

----------------------------------------

:bye: Hey there, was I helpful?

----------------------------------------

My Current OS: Win8 PRO (64-bit); Current AutoIt Version: v3.3.8.1

This ain't gonna help you friend. Perhaps, the only reason we have HotKeySet and _IsPressed together is because of this issue. HotkeySet maps the key to perform a specific function (but blocks its own function), whereas, _IsPressed just tells AU3 to do something if a key has been pressed.

So, when you say: If _IsPressed('your key') then DoSomething(), then it will DoSomething() without changing the behaviour of the key.

Got it now, I hope.

Good day

Why do you want to map B to C? I'm just interested, because I pretty much use the letter b every day.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018