Opt("TCPTimeout", 100) for send and recv?

funkey

Hello,

I just want to know how this works in AutoIt.

Opt("TCPTimeout", 100) ;100 milliseconds

Is is for receiving only or for sending too?

I think SO_RCVTIMEO and SO_SNDTIMEO is used. Does the option value of zero mean, that the operation will not time out? Can someone of the devs please tell me how this is done?

Thanks! :)

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning.

As far as I understand there is currently an issue with this option.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I think, this ticket has nothing to do with the 'TCPTimeout' option. Timeout when connecting is another thing as timeout when sending and receiving.

Edit:

AutoIt AFAIK uses blocking mode for TCP. You have to switch to nonblocking mode using ioctlsocket() function.

Here a solution for this issue has been posted:

and see it here is C:

http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/168704/How-to-set-a-socket-connection-timeout

Edited by funkey

i'm a little confused over here

if client sends to server how will the server know when client is in timeout if server newer receive it?

Edited by bogQ

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

i'm a little confused over here

if client sends to server how will the server know when client is in timeout if server newer receive it?

If a blocking send call times out, the connection is in an indeterminate state and should be closed.

So I think, server will never know, but better just close the connection.

maybe I asked that question wrong but nwm :)

at the moment from what I checked TCPTimeout only stands for sleep if no communication, basically it's wait time before continue, it influence TCPAccept and TCPRecv (but TCPRecv only if socket is connected hopefully coz youl get error if no socket :P) it does not influence TCPSend. So it will wait for something to happen in that predefined time (if something happened it will relies that func) if not full sleep is done before allowing loop to continue once before another wait is initiated.

its like doing

do

$var = TCPRecv()

until $var or timediff() >= 100

edit: and from what I see it don't have slightest thing to do with tcp timed out error (but I can b wrong)

Edited by bogQ

Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

I don't know how this works. That's why I asked.

hey I did not try to criticize you :P I just post result from testing in last post, i together with you did not know how it was working, if I did make wrong impression im sorry about that that, wasn't my intention to sound like that :)

Edited by bogQ