Copy and Paste

Hello everyone,

I looked through the forum but could not exactly find what I was looking for. I am writing a program that does multiple tedious and boring tasks and one of the steps is to copy files to a folder. The files are large and it takes some time for them to be copied over. But how do I make the program wait until it copies everything and then proceed with the for loop. At this point I tried WinWaitActive but the widnow is active because it's busy copying so it just ignores that command and continues the loop. I was thinking of using WinGetProcess but when I read the help file it did not seem like it is exactly what I am looking for. ANY help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

try file read to array

and when the number of files that was copyied is reached then continue with the rest of the loop

If $filenumber = *number of files supposed to be coppyied* Then Continue (or soming)

[right][font="Courier New"]...Run these streets all day, I can sleep when I die.[/font] [/right]

How are you currently achieving the file copy? If you don't mind using DOS to get the job done then you could do something like this:

Edit: It will wait until the copy is complete before executing any further instructions.

local $dosCmd = 'copy "C:\Old Location\*.dat" "C:\New Location"'
runWait(@comSpec & " /c " & $dosCmd, "", @SW_HIDE)
Edited by LxP

Hey thanks for the input everyone. It is a program that uses explorer and I am not very familiar with it (documentum) and there's no way I can use DOS, nor FileCopy because documentum is linked to a SQL server and gets a sorted list of files in explorer pop-up window. If you have another solution and do not mind sharing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hey thanks for the input everyone. It is a program that uses explorer and I am not very familiar with it (documentum) and there's no way I can use DOS, nor FileCopy because documentum is linked to a SQL server and gets a sorted list of files in explorer pop-up window. If you have another solution and do not mind sharing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you can check where the file is being copied to, try something like

;Your copy command/function here
$size = filegetsize($NEWfilename)
sleep(1000)
while(filegetsize($filename) <> $size)
    $size = filegetsize($filename)
    sleep(1000)
wend

Then when the file size stops changing, you know you are done copying.

I think I found a temporary solution to my problem in a different topic, I am not sure whose response it was but this is the code

While MouseGetCursor() = 15

Sleep(1000)

WEnd

While the cursor is on the hourglass icon wait. If anyone comes up with a better solution please feel free to PM.

Thanks

Edited by besnia

This doesn't appear to have been mentioned or asked yet -- does a window appear or disappear (as opposed to gain or lose focus) when the copy operation completes? Will something like this work? --

winWaitClose("Copying")