USSU Unlimited 2.0.5.6 (Software Update Tool)

flappert87

Hi Autoit Folks,

i created a software install and update utility, using Autoit called 'USSU Unlimited'

What can USSU Unlimited do?
USSU Unlimited will scan your computer for installed software, checks the installed versions to the supported versions within the local/online catalog. it will then highlight the status according to: update needed, up-to-date, new version found or not installed. the user is fully in control.

Part from main version checker gui:

1.jpg

Tray mode:
2.jpg

Different menu options:
3.jpg

Main installer GUI:
4.jpg

Please feel free to check it out at http://www.ussu.eu

If anyone is interested on helping within the development please feel free to contact me!..for the source code.

attached you will find the English language template, feel free to make a translation

Current translations are:

English 2.0.5.0

Dutch   2.0.5.0

French 2.0.5.0

German 2.0.5.0

Italian (2.0.5.5)

Preferred are Spanish and Swedish

Release Log:

Latest: 2.0.5.6

[bug fixes and Enhancements]

- Fixed Flash player IE detection within windows 8(x64), note that updates in windows 8 for flash player IE are done by Windows updates.

- Fixed 7zip 64bit detection.

- Fixed Winrar 5.x detection

- Upgraded the windows key finder for windows 8 support.

- Upgraded the windows key finder for office 2013 support

version 2.0.5.5

[Enhancements and changes]

- Added Italian and Turkish program translations.

- Added the 'Run on system start-up' feature. This feature will start USSU Unlimited in the background during system start-up.

- When USSU is started on system start-up it will notify the user with a 'click-able balloon' item to install all new updates at once. A default refresh interval of 2 hours is set for this balloon item(this will be editable in the next version, it will also disable java, flash etc update pop-ups).

- Improved the silent installations for the supported applications.

- Added a new in-program update feature for future use, to update USSU unlimited components.

Regards,
Flappert87

language-english.au3

Edited by flappert87

I see you're doing each support for an application individually. I see this as a logistics nightmare some time down the line.

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

- Mechaflash

- indeed for now i am. down the line i want to read the version numbers directly form the developers websites..

- wakillon

USSU-email.exe is used to email the logfile to a email address the user specifies.

debug-error-message.exe is AutoIt3.exe indeed. it's used todo error handling on computers which dont have autoit installed. its able to give a proper error message if anything goes wrong :)

- wakillon

USSU-email.exe is used to email the logfile to a email address the user specifies.

debug-error-message.exe is AutoIt3.exe indeed. it's used todo error handling on computers which dont have autoit installed. its able to give a proper error message if anything goes wrong :)

Ok.

why to each start it connect to checkip.dyndns.com or checkip-ams.dyndns.com

and what's wa5.rzone.de ?

Posted Image

It detect well my AV is up to date but didn't detect my winrar installation...

And French translation is good ! :)

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

wakillon

i think that is because it's doing a check if there is a active internet connection. that's why you see the message. i am using:

Local $PublicIP = _GetIP()

if $PublicIP = -1 Then

MsgBox(16, "No internet connection found.", "Please make sure you have a working internet connection.")

Exit

Else

EndIf

perhaps that is making the connection...

- the winrar i need to take a look at.

- i checked the function from the inet.au3 include and it's listed below:

Func _GetIP()

Local $aReturn, $bRead, $sRead

$bRead = InetRead("http://checkip.dyndns.org/")

$sRead = BinaryToString($bRead)

$aReturn = StringRegExp($sRead, '(?s)(?i)<body>Current IP Address: (.*?)</body>', 3)

If @error = 0 Then

Return $aReturn[0]

EndIf

$bRead = InetRead("http://automation.whatismyip.com/n09230945.asp") ; http://forum.whatismyip.com/f14/our-automation-rules-t241/

$sRead = BinaryToString($bRead)

If @error Then

Return SetError(1, 0, -1)

EndIf

Return $sRead

EndFunc ;==>_GetIP

the adresses you get from NOD32 are listed in the function.

Edited by flappert87

I just caught something... I am afraid that Whatismyip.com has cracked down, yet again, on automation. The old URL for automation is no longer functional and new rules were created.

http://forum.whatismyip.com/f14/custom-automation-file-t1426/

I'm also going to report this to those who maintain the Inet UDF. ^.^

SIGNATURE_0X800007D NOT FOUND

You can use one of the functions that guinness has come up with in thread that should be able to replace that function.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I just caught something... I am afraid that Whatismyip.com has cracked down, yet again, on automation. The old URL for automation is no longer functional and new rules were created.

http://forum.whatismyip.com/f14/custom-automation-file-t1426/

I'm also going to report this to those who maintain the Inet UDF. ^.^

thanks for the info. i am going to change it :)

Hi flappert87

I like the prog. I wrote something which has the same purpose. There was a udf written by a member called storme. It downloads the latest stable (or beta whichever you set it too) selected program from file hippos site. The reason im menioning this is 2 fold. 1 even though the filename may change the udf still gets the most current and up to date version plus it has a flag to get just the version number so then you can compare to what you have found on the system. File hippo doesnt have every program you got listed in your app but it has the majority of common/popular ones at least. This should reuce the time you spend manually updating.

Your app reminds me of a diff app called patch my pc.

If you need any help let me know. Ill try to find the udfs link and post it

Hope this helps

Drunken Frat-Boy Monkey Garbage

Hi flappert87

I like the prog. I wrote something which has the same purpose. There was a udf written by a member called storme. It downloads the latest stable (or beta whichever you set it too) selected program from file hippos site. The reason im menioning this is 2 fold. 1 even though the filename may change the udf still gets the most current and up to date version plus it has a flag to get just the version number so then you can compare to what you have found on the system. File hippo doesnt have every program you got listed in your app but it has the majority of common/popular ones at least. This should reuce the time you spend manually updating.

Your app reminds me of a diff app called patch my pc.

If you need any help let me know. Ill try to find the udfs link and post it

Hope this helps

Are you talking about this UDF?:

Hi!

My UDF: NetInfo UDF Play with your network, check your download/upload speed and much more! YTAPI Easy to use YouTube API, now you can easy retrive all needed info from a video. NavInfo Check if a specific browser is installed and retrive other usefull information. YWeather Easy to use Yahoo Weather API, now you can easily retrive details about the weather in a specific region. No-IP UDF Easily update your no-ip hostname(s).

My Script: Wallpaper Changer Change you wallpaper dinamically, you can also download your wallpaper from your website and share it with all!   My Snippet: _ImageSaveToBMPConvert an image to bmp format. _SciteGOTO Open a file in SciTE at specific fileline. _FileToHex Show the hex code of a specified file

My essential virus warns on this download?

TrojanSpy: Win32/Malintent

Objekt:

file:C:USSU UnlimitedUSSU-EMAIL.exe

file:C:USSU UnlimitedUSSU-Unlimited-2.0.exe

regkey:HKLMSOFTWAREWow6432NodeMICROSOFTWINDOWSCURRENTVERSIONUNINSTALLUSSU Unlimited

uninstall:HKLMSOFTWAREWow6432NodeMICROSOFTWINDOWSCURRENTVERSIONUNINSTALLUSSU Unlimited

L

Edited by lgvlgv

G'day Flappert87

As has been mentioned there are a few (maybe many) updater programs around but yours looks like it's got most of the features that I've seen.

Adding the FileHippo UDF would help with a lot (Haven't looked through list) of the programs and avoids having a custom downloader for each one.

I haven't had any error ports/feature requests for ages so the code and the site are stable at the moment. :)

If you need any help with the UDF or with your program don't hesitate to PM me.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

John Morrison

AKA

Storm-E

My essential virus warns on this download?

TrojanSpy: Win32/Malintent

Objekt:

file:C:USSU UnlimitedUSSU-EMAIL.exe

file:C:USSU UnlimitedUSSU-Unlimited-2.0.exe

regkey:HKLMSOFTWAREWow6432NodeMICROSOFTWINDOWSCURRENTVERSIONUNINSTALLUSSU Unlimited

uninstall:HKLMSOFTWAREWow6432NodeMICROSOFTWINDOWSCURRENTVERSIONUNINSTALLUSSU Unlimited

L

Hi lgvlgv, i have had the same problem with the program running on systems with: AVG, and AVAST. somehow it detects autoit code as malicious. i have looked into this. only thing i could think of is having the .exe files signed by a proper code signing signature. that costs me like 160dollars to do.

G'day Flappert87

As has been mentioned there are a few (maybe many) updater programs around but yours looks like it's got most of the features that I've seen.

Adding the FileHippo UDF would help with a lot (Haven't looked through list) of the programs and avoids having a custom downloader for each one.

I haven't had any error ports/feature requests for ages so the code and the site are stable at the moment. :)

If you need any help with the UDF or with your program don't hesitate to PM me.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

John Morrison

AKA

Storm-E

hi Storm-E,

in the past i took a look at the FileHippo UDF... looks really good indeed. but until now i didn't find a good way to implement it into the current ussu unlimited version.

within the next few days i will pm you about the future plans with ussu unlimited. including a client / server version and a potential stand alone version.

maybe you can join me to optimise the ussu unlimited code and implement a part from the FileHippo UDF functionality. would be cool!

Edited by flappert87