For with array

How do you write this code to an array. I have 3675 to 3682 and another number which isn't in the same range (25834).

Func IsTest($id)
For $i = 3675 To 3682
If $id = Hex($i, 8) Then
Return True
Else
Return False
EndIf
EndFunc

I was thinking about

Func IsTest($id)
For $i = 3675 To 3682 & 25834
If $id = Hex($i, 8) Then
Return True
Else
Return False
EndIf
EndFunc

or

Func IsTest($id)
For $i = 3675 To 3682
If $id = Hex($i, 8) Then
Return True
Else
Return False
EndIf
Next
For $l = 25834
If $id = Hex($l, 8) Then
Return True
Else
Return False
EndIf
EndFunc

But these test doesn't work. Return as array incorrect prefix.

Edited by asianqueen

Msgbox(0, "Hate", "Just hate it when I post a question and find my own answer after a couple tries. But if I don't post the question, I can't seem to resolve it at all.")

Close your for...to loop with a "next" for starters...

You want to write the return value to an array outside of the function?

edit: question

Edited by kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

• Moderators

Be much more specific.

I have no idea what you're asking.

What is id, what does 25834 have to do with anything, are you comparing a string value on purpose, is the "True/False" what you want in the array, how do you want to match it to 3675/3682, etc.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Long story make it short; I have another list that this file will be pulling.

[item]
$id[3675]= '000A'
$id[3676]= '000B'
etc...
$id[25834]='0300'

If IsTest = i then show else don't show. If I don't include 25834 then the code is already working fine, but like to know how to add this number to it. I wouldn't want to do 3675 To 25834 because all other code above 3682 represent something else other than color.

Msgbox(0, "Hate", "Just hate it when I post a question and find my own answer after a couple tries. But if I don't post the question, I can't seem to resolve it at all.")

Be much more specific.

I have no idea what you're asking.

What is id, what does 25834 have to do with anything, are you comparing a string value on purpose, is the "True/False" what you want in the array, how do you want to match it to 3675/3682, etc.

What about

Func IsTest($id)
If $id = 25834 Then
Return True
Else
For $i = 3675 To 3682
If $id = Hex($i, 8) Then
Return True
Else
Return False
EndIf
Next
EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>IsTest

autoit is so picky about how you actually format it... working on the script; if it works; I'll ping you guys. Thank :)

EDIT:

Error: "Next" statement with no matching "For" statement.

Edited by asianqueen

tlman12,

Your code iterates the loop once and returns. It should probably look more like this (untested)

Func IsTest($id)

If $id = 25834 Then Return True

For $i = 3675 To 3682
        If $id = Hex($i, 8) Then Return True
    Next

return false            ; this needs to be outside of for loop

EndFunc   ;==>IsTest

@asianqueen,

It is difficult to understand what you are asking. The following example will update an array with true or false.

#include <array.au3>

local $aRET[1]

$aRET[ubound($aRET) - 1] = IsTest(hex(3677))        ; set last element of array to value returned from function
redim $aRET[ubound($aRET) + 1]                        ; increase array (presumably you are going to loop on this

_arraydisplay($aRET)                                ; display array

Func IsTest($id)

For $i = 3675 To 3682
        If $id = Hex($i) Then Return True
    Next

Return False                                    ; <-- this need to be outside of the for loop

EndFunc

autoit is so picky about how you actually format it...

As opposed to what?

kylomas

Edited by kylomas

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

As opposed to what?

kylomas

You can't type for example where all can't be aligh left:

Call function
If statement
Return True
Else
False

It has to be in the correct format with tabs and spaces.

By the way

Func IsTest($id)

If $id = 25834 Then Return True

For $i = 3675 To 3682
If $id = Hex($i, 8) Then Return True
Next

return false ; this needs to be outside of for loop

EndFunc ;==>IsTest

does not have an endif recall.

Edited by asianqueen

asianqueen,

It has to be in the correct format with tabs and spaces.

Not true...

does not have an endif recall.

Does not need one...

Let me suggest two things:

1 - Spend some time reading the help file

2 - When posting for advice, think through what you are asking and see it from a readers perspective.

Sometime we get too close to the code to see "the forest for the trees", so to speak.

Good Luck,

kylomas

- Sir Winston Churchill

Returning in a loop is back coding practice. It's better to exit the loop and use a return variable.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018