Getting Taskbar Text

Well I was wondering for some time now how to read out the taskbar text. The reason for this is that some programs I use (for example FlashFXP) display additional information in the Taskbar which they don't show in the window title.

FlashFXP window title says: FlashFXP

FlashFXP taskbar title says: FlashFXP (speed) (time left) (percent) (filename)

Can anybody help me with that?

Yes, I already tried that and it's not the same.

The statusbar example returns just "Done" whereas the taskbar text of Internet Explorer says something like: "Header - Microsoft Internet Explorer".

And I specifically need the Taskbar text.

Maybe it's possible with a certain DllCall, but I'm not too familiar with dlls.

Yes, I already tried that and it's not the same.

The statusbar example returns just "Done" whereas the taskbar text of Internet Explorer says something like: "Header - Microsoft Internet Explorer".

And I specifically need the Taskbar text.

Maybe it's possible with a certain DllCall, but I'm not too familiar with dlls.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

do you mean the title bar? like you get with WinGetTitle()?

Nope, the taskbar is the one on the bottom of the screen where you also can push the Start button on the left :whistle:

That's the special thing, the title of the FlashFXP window is different to it's text in the taskbar (when down or uploading). And I need it's taskbar text.

Edited by Xenthalon

Nope, the taskbar is the one on the bottom of the screen where you also can push the Start button on the left :whistle:

That's the special thing, the title of the FlashFXP window is different to it's text in the taskbar (when down or uploading). And I need it's taskbar text.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

right, i know what the task bar is, but typically the title bar and task bar have the same information. i'm at work right now and don't have flashfxp installed here, but i do at home. when i get home i'll see if i can't figure it out. what does autoit window info show for the window?

>>>>>>>>>>>> Window Details <<<<<<<<<<<<<
Title:    FlashFXP
Class:    TFrmMain
Size:    X: -4    Y: -4    W: 1288    H: 1008

>>>>>>>>>>> Mouse Details <<<<<<<<<<<
Window:    X: 832    Y: 320
Cursor ID:    2

>>>>>>>>>>> Pixel Color Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<
RGB:    Hex: 0xFFFFFF    Dec: 16777215

>>>>>>>>>>> Control Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<
Size:        X: 483    Y: 65    W: 796    H: 396
Control ID:    853120
ClassNameNN:    TPTListView1
Text:        

>>>>>>>>>>> Status Bar Text <<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>> Visible Window Text <<<<<<<<<<<

(ftp path) (download target path)

So nothing special...

By the way, in the options under advanced, there is Taskbar Button Caption. My setting there is:

During FTP Transfer:

FlashFXP %s %ttr %p %n

During FXP Transfer:

FlashFXP %ttr %te %n

Just in case someone has different settings. Edited by Xenthalon

Sounds like a Delphi application. Delphi applications in particular have this bad habit of assigning a separate window to the taskbar entry (and hiding it from view).

What you'll need to do is get more information on this window. To do that, you'll need to first make it visible. Assign some sort of constant title to the window and then write a short AutoIt snippet to make its window visible:

winSetState("The name I decided to give the taskbar window", "", @SW_SHOW)

Once this window is visible you can call AutoIt Window Info and inspect it further. Using that, you should be able to grab a meaningful class name or some window text that uniquely identifies the window. In the future you will be able to use that information to refer to the window (which can then have any title text that you like).

Sounds like a Delphi application. Delphi applications in particular have this bad habit of assigning a separate window to the taskbar entry (and hiding it from view).

What you'll need to do is get more information on this window. To do that, you'll need to first make it visible. Assign some sort of constant title to the window and then write a short AutoIt snippet to make its window visible:

winSetState("The name I decided to give the taskbar window", "", @SW_SHOW)

Once this window is visible you can call AutoIt Window Info and inspect it further. Using that, you should be able to grab a meaningful class name or some window text that uniquely identifies the window. In the future you will be able to use that information to refer to the window (which can then have any title text that you like).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

good idea. i totally forgot to check this out when i got home yesterday and see if i could find anything out, but i think you've got it LxP.