OnEvent when something shows up in a ListBox

CountyIT

what do you mean by Show Up

Do you mean a mouse-hover notification, if yes look

If you meant a SelChange notification look the forum for LBN_SELCHANGE through WM_COMMAND.

Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

I think they mean when data is added to the listbox. Look at WM_NOTIFY in the help file.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I think I see what you are saying:

From Script1:

Put "Hello World" in the ListBox of script 2

Send script2 a WM_NOTIFY

The register WM_NOTIFY in script 2. I think my only question at that point is ... will any other program but my script 1 send script 2 a WM_NOTIFY?

For inter-communication why not have a look at WM_COPYDATA?! It just so happens I have a basic UDF-like structure in my signature.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

That is English. Search on this page for WM_COPYDATA and click the link. This is one example of inter-communication between applications.

UDF List:

Not having a lot of luck with the WM_NOTIFY.

Script1:

Local $ProgHandle

ControlCommand("Script 2 Window", "", "ListBox1", "AddString", "Hello World")

$ProgHandle = WinGetHandle("Script 2 Window")

_SendMessage($ProgHandle, $WM_NOTIFY, 0, 0)

Script2:

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_NOTIFY")

Func WM_NOTIFY($hwnd, $OS_Msg, $wParam, $lParam)

Beep()

EndFunc

Script1 is putting "Hello World" in the ListBox of Script2 but the Func WM_NOTIFY is never invoked. Getting burned out.....

No wonder. It still amazes me the support tickets that people submit.

Edit: The less information you provide, the less people are inclined to help. Period.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Re-read this >>

UDF List:

You know what amazes me? The amount of people that would rather spend hours belittling someone and posting links which point to other links which, in tirn point to yet more links rather then taking 30 secons to actually help and answer a question. I am sorry I re-read the last link. I still can "guess" what you are refering to? The fact that you need to create the GUI before using GUIRegisterMssage? If that is the case I would have assumed that since I mentioned the fact that "Hello World" was showing up in the ListBox of script 2 that would imply the GUI was created. My apologies for not being a AutoIT God. I guess you need at least 10 years experience with AutoIT before asking a question in the forum?

That's just it, you mention this and that but don't actually show anything. You're expecting people to guess what you're doing, do you think it's fair I create all this code from scratch to find out it doesn't match what you've? It's not about knowing AutoIt, it's about being smart and providing as much information as possible. Seriously, re-read post #8 and tell me you would know the answer to that person's question? There is clearly more code missing.

Plus, I'm helping (not belittling) you. I do this because I enjoy helping, but what I don't enjoy is knowing when my time (and others) is being wasted.

Provide more code and lets see.

Edit: And my link was demonstrating that in the past you've failed to disclose code and it's landed in a problem taking longer to solve.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Script 1

;Run this at first
;Run this from Scite, because it needs the console to give out Message : we can't use MsgBox because it would consume time.
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate("Script 1 Window")
GUICtrlCreateList("", 10, 10)
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_COMMAND, "WM_COMMAND")
GUISetState()

Func WM_COMMAND($hwnd, $OS_Msg, $wParam, $lParam)
If $wParam = 0 And $lParam = 0 Then ConsoleWrite("WM_COMMAND Received from Script 2" & @CRLF)
EndFunc ;==>WM_NOTIFY

While GUIGetMsg() <> $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Sleep(10)
WEnd
Script 2
;Run this after running Script 1
;Run this after right-clicking the Script in the Explorer, Scite is capable of running only one script at a time.
#include <WinAPI.au3>

Local $ProgHandle = WinGetHandle("Script 1 Window")
ControlCommand($ProgHandle, "", "ListBox1", "AddString", "Hello World")
_WinAPI_PostMessage($ProgHandle, $WM_COMMAND, 0, 0)

Try the scripts, WM_COMMAND would work instead.

Regards :)

Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

I still think WM_COPYDATA is more suited to what they're trying to do.

Plus PhoenixXL try to refrain from using magic numbers when posting examples in the Forum. Thanks.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

I still think WM_COPYDATA is more suited to what they're trying to do.

Yes. It should be more appropriate, I've never tried that.

My code:

Script 1

;Run this at first
;Run this from Scite, because it needs the console to give out Message : we can't use MsgBox because it would consume time.

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_COPYDATA, "WM_COPYDATA")
GUISetState()

Func WM_COPYDATA($hwnd, $OS_Msg, $wParam, $lParam)
$tagCOPYDATASTRUCT = "ULONG_PTR dwData;DWORD cbData;ULONG_PTR lpData;"
$tCOPYDATASTRUCT = DllStructCreate($tagCOPYDATASTRUCT, $lParam)
ConsoleWrite(DllStructGetData($tCOPYDATASTRUCT, 1) & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tCOPYDATASTRUCT, 3) & @CRLF)
EndFunc   ;==>WM_COPYDATA

While GUIGetMsg() <> -3
Sleep(10)
WEnd
Script 2
;Run this after right-clicking the Script in the Explorer, Scite is capable of running only one script at a time.
#include <StructureConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>

Local $hGUI = GUICreate("")
Local $iRet = ControlCommand($ProgHandle, "", "ListBox1", "AddString", "Hello World")

$tagCOPYDATASTRUCT = "ULONG_PTR dwData;DWORD cbData;ULONG_PTR lpData;"
$tCOPYDATASTRUCT = DllStructCreate($tagCOPYDATASTRUCT)
DllStructSetData($tCOPYDATASTRUCT, 1, "StringAdded")
DllStructSetData($tCOPYDATASTRUCT, 2, StringLen("Hello World"))
DllStructSetData($tCOPYDATASTRUCT, 3, "Hello World")

_WinAPI_PostMessage($ProgHandle, $WM_COPYDATA, $hGUI, DllStructGetPtr($tCOPYDATASTRUCT))

It doesn't seem to work with me. The WM_COPYDATA is not received, nothing in the Console. :huh:

My code:

_SendMessage

UDF List:

Thanks, it works with _SendMessage, the link in your signature is rather helpful

My code:

Whatever I am doing wrong it is a newbie mistake. My code is almost identical to PhoenixXL with the exception that I am using two GUIRegisterMessage statement. It seems like only the one I am registering last is taking effect. BTW what editing icon do you use to put code in a seperate window?

;Run this at first

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_COMMAND, "WM_COMMAND")

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_COMMAND, "WM_CLOSE")

GUISetState()

Func WM_CLOSE($hwnd, $OS_Msg, $wParam, $lParam)

MSGBOX(0, "", "WM_CLOSE")

EndFunc ;==>WM_NOTIFY

Func WM_COMMAND($hwnd, $OS_Msg, $wParam, $lParam)

MSGBOX(0, "", "WM_COMMAND")

EndFunc ;==>WM_COMMAND

While 1

GUIGetMsg()

Sleep(10)

WEnd

#include <WinAPI.au3>

ControlCommand($ProgHandle, "", "ListBox1", "AddString", "Hello World")

While 1

_SendMessage($ProgHandle, $WM_CLOSE, 0, 0)

_SendMessage($ProgHandle, $WM_COMMAND, 0, 0)

Sleep(5000)

WEnd

[autiot][/autoit]

And as a new user you should listen when someone is giving advice. Don't expect me to help you anytime soon. Thanks.

UDF List: