$_IEStatus_NoMatch error code 7

Hi Everybody!

I'm new in AutoIt. After some introductory simple tests I tried a "real" problem. Unfortunately, I ran in problems from the first. When I try to scrap some data from the site http://www.burcoinc.com/products/online_catalog/ selecting the control box Year, Make or Model is not working! The code line with problems are the last two::

#include<IE.au3>

Global $oIE=_IECreate("http://www.burcoinc.com/products/online_catalog/")

Local $oForm = _IEGetObjByID($oIE, "ReportViewer1_ctl00_ctl03_ddValue")

_IEFormElementOptionselect($oForm, 8, 1, "byIndex")

the error lines are:

IE.au3 V2.4-0 Warning from function _IEGetObjById, $_IEStatus_NoMatch (ReportViewer1_ctl00_ctl03_ddValue)

--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IEFormElementOptionselect, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType

The control name is from the page's source code, (checked both from IE and Chrome). Also tried with AU3Info but in this page it selects only the frame around the controls, not the controls. What is happening?

I can't find a solution, could anybody help me? Thank you in advance.

Laszlo

To access form elements by the IE UDF I think you need to use the _IEForm* functions.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

You can get a reference to a form using _IEGetObjById as the poster is doing.

This is a common coding mistake caused by not really understanding what the function calls are doing.

IE.au3 V2.4-0 Warning from function _IEGetObjById, _IEStatus_NoMatch (ReportViewer1_ctl00_ctl03_ddValue)

There is a lot of detail in there. Read it and understand it.

There is NOMATCH for the ID you passed in the document.

Prove it to yourself with:

ConsoleWrite(_IEDocReadHTML($oIE))

And as previously mentioned, you may well see some frames in that source.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Thank you guys! It seems I have to learn more, until I could use autoit efficiently. My problem is that in the page's whole source code is only ONE frame name. Of course if I use it, I get the usual NOMATCH error. Any ideas?