Healthcare EMR scripting.

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

I don't think it matters in which environment you have to script but which kind of applications you need to automate. Web Applications, Java, Webforms ...

I know none of this two so can you please describe the applications and what you need to do a little bit?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

(Just in case no one does) Is there a more specific question you have? Is there a feature you're hoping AutoIt has for your needs? What is your concern?

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

• Moderators

wzubke,

I have helped others with Autoit scripts to enable healthcare apps to interact - an app is an app after all. But you need to be VERY, VERY careful with errorchecking and limit-setting within the code given the critical nature of the likely outcomes. :sweating:

Can you post some screenshots of the apps to which you refer and explain in a bit more detail what exactly you want AutoIt to do to get them to interact. We would be delighted to help you, but we need a lot more information if we are to end up with something as reliable as this sounds as though it needs to be. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Thanks for everyones quick response and I apologize for taking so long in responding back!

One of the first projects I would like to be able to address is death record data we receive files from the state in a fixed width text format which I am looading into a database and mapping to our patient poplation. We then print a report and someone is required to go into both of our systems and update the info manually.

so we must search out the record we wish to update using the data I have already mapped and navigate through the EMR.

The patient lookup screen can be brought up with Alt+L from anywhere in the software. Once there we simply plug the patient info and pull up the record (probably not as simple to automate as one would think).

On the first page we send the Alt+I keystroke to open the info page.

Wait a bit.

Send Alt+I again for the additional info screen.

Image attached

This screen is where the data is input and saved. The Deceased flag must me checked date entered and notes populated based on what the state supplies.

I realize more detail would be needed to fully analyze this scenario but I am mostly wondering at this point if AutoIt is secure and functional enough to work in this environment?

post-79532-0-39844600-1366647239_thumb.p

• Moderators

wzubke,

I am mostly wondering at this point if AutoIt is secure and functional enough to work in this environment?

As I explained above, if AutoIt is able to access the app then with suitable errorchecking I believe that it is. You can always add a final MsgBox asking if the data commital should proceed so that a human can check what has been entered before evrything is finalised. :)

Your next task will be to use the AutoIt Window Info tool to see if you can read from the various controls on that GUI. Assuming you did a standard install, the tool can be found at C:Program FilesAutoIt3Au3Info.exe - just fire it up and see if you get valid data in the "Control" tab when you drag the little gunsight over the fields you want Autoit to access. If you do, then please post the results so we can see if this is a nice well-behaved app that is easy to deal with - or not. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

My question for u is whether or not the human interaction between the two systems is always being utilized as a check to ensure that the data from the first system is accurate prior to entering it into the next system?

I've learned that if users are given information to verify as opposed to enter and verify, they are more likely to overlook the details because it's easier to just say "yeah it looks good... I didn't enter the info so it wouldn't be my fault." than "I entered the info... I better double-check it".

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

wzubke,

Two suggestions..

1 - create a journaling mechanism to log before and after images of changes

2 - create a recovery environment

These suggestions are somewhat vague because volume, size and redundancy requirements are unknown.

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

We would probably use some manual auditing initially to ensure there are not issues once we verify it is working correctly we would remove the human element if possible.

I would suggest to audit how many errors are coming from the data (prior to entering into the other system). If you believe you can remove the human element, then I wouldn't even bother with utilizing the GUI to perform the automation... why not just transfer data between the databases directly?

Spoiler

And of course you guys have contacted the vendor requesting access to the database because your company owns the database and the data that is contained within and that they are not at liberty to hold you access to that data?

I work in the financial district dealing with hospital clients, and this is something we had to do to get access to our database (we're under the same restrictions as you are cause of HIPPA etc...). However, the liability then lies on your shoulders should there be a breach of security having to deal with the transfer of data not being solely in their hands.

Spoiler

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

FloridaMark,

We do not accept advertising for commercial pay-ware products, even if they are related to the thread. Please do not do it again. :naughty:

M23

Spoiler